Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nintendo Wii U boasts record sales

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The new Wii U has sold 1.8 million units in onyl 4 weeks of it's launch. That almost doubles what the 360 and PS 3 did in their launches. Good job and looking forward to more good games on the Wii U.

Link: http://aussie-gamer.com/news/nintendo-wii-u-launch-more-successful-than-xbox-360-playstation-3/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The Nintendo Wii also had great sales but was the worse of all 3 consoles.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Mannish
    The Nintendo Wii also had great sales but was the worse of all 3 consoles.

Well that is a matter of opinion not fact.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Console sales mean nothing if the attachment rate ( Hardware & games purchased for it) sucks? The wii rate was 3rd

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The Wii U has already failed and the real next gen systems have not even come out yet.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

It has not even got going yet. They don't have much competition atm considering next Xbox and PS4 are not out. I am thinking of picking one up this month for Monster Hunter, and I was impressed that Most Wanted is better than Xbox 360 / PS3 versions as was ported from the PC version, which means that the console is more than just a HD Wii.

I have way too many Xbox 360 games, and it is going to be hard to get the next Xbox if it does not have backwards compatibility.  If it does have BC then it will be a no brainer, but the Wii U can play Wii games, so I can sell the Wii if I like. I was not too keen on the Wii remote for a controller with the Wii but the Wii U seems to be using the controller pro more, and the new screen controller should make games more interesting if used well.

The PS4 and next Xbox just seem to be becoming more like PCs and less of a games console, but the Wii U still is more like a games console. The future of gaming for me so far will still be Xbox 360 and PS3 with PC and Wii U, unless the PS4 and next Xbox are BC and then can carry on playing Xbox 360 and PS3 games on them. I am not buying more games on PS4/next Xbox and having to buy more machines, when I haven't finished my hundreds I have already. It was not a major problem before as previous consoles I could pack up and store away and then get out from time to time if I wish, but with the Xbox 360 and PS3 games, it will be disheartening if I play a game, and enjoy it, and wanted to get the DLC for it, but can not as Sony/MS shut down the online services for them. There will be plenty of time for the PS4/next Xbox, but could only be about 2 years to enjoy the Xbox 360/PS3 games to their fullest. MS did it for the original Xbox but there was not that many games to worry about, but this time the Xbox 360 and PS3 have been out for a very long time, and virtually every game has some DLC for it.

The PS4 and next Xbox will probably be awesome, but are becoming convoluted and messy, whereas the Wii U is nice and simple, it has online support but also is not a requirement. Once the price drops which will probably happen when PS4 and next Xbox get released, it will start to do better, and more games will come.

Console gaming may die off totally, and PC gaming takes the lead.

If you buy Sleeping Dogs for PC from Steam for about a fiver in a sale, there is greater chance you could get it again in 10 years probably even cheaper, as well as the DLC, but for Xbox 360 / PS3 version you many not be able to. They may bring it to the marketplace for the next gen, but may have to buy it again, but you would not have to with the PC. It probably would not be a problem if you have played it and got the DLC, but if you put off playing it and got stuck into the next gen then the ability to get the DLC on Xbox 360 or PS3 may not be possible if they discountinued the online services.

As I do not have many Wii games, the DLC is not a great issue, and a few games do not even have DLC. Mass Effect 3 on Wii U is not getting any more DLC, which Xbox 360/PS3 got, but does not matter as I have the Xbox 360 version anyway. Mostly the DLC is overrated anyway. With Nintendo exclusives there is not much that can be done, but hopefully most games will be released on PC, and it will only be the PS4/next Xbox exclusives I will worry about missing out on. If there becomes too many then I may have to cave in and get one, but hopefully not before the Xbox 360/PS3 online services shut down.