Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOOKING, PVP/SANDBOX TYPE

Hello everyone, I have recently began looking for a new mmorpg to play. I was all addicted to Ultima Online as I was growing up and till this day still havent found another mmorpg like it. To be more percise, Ive been looking for a mmorpg that mainly focuses on PvP, but doesnt only have PvP. I don't mind PvE it's what creates the character into a stronger player, but PvP is my main reason I go to MMORPGs. Also besides PvP, I would like a main focus on a sandbox type of play, where players can create their own things in the world, in example; building or homes, their own weapons, armor, and clothes. Also I wouldnt mind the graphics being decent, well atleast better or the same as Ultima Online. Im really leaning on finding a game that is more pleasing to the eye than UO, but if that is too much I don't mind that being the sacrafice and it looking similar to the 2D/3D graphics that UO had. Last but not least a good character customization, where advanced skill building and actual character features are not lacking. I know this is a lot to be asking for all in one game, but with everything in technology advancing especially in gaming, I don't see this as an impossible thing. If anyone knows of a game that could contain these things, I would to hear about it. Thank you guys for taking the time and reading. Hope I have some luck.image

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Archeage is not out yet but its the sandbox PvP/PvE game to watch.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Archeage is not out yet but its the sandbox PvP/PvE game to watch.

Ultima Online... and Archeage.. in the same sentence....lol.........

On topic though: PVP/PVE game which most UO veterans say is the best of the current living and thriving MMOs is EVE-Online (they call it rather funnily enough: UO's grandchild).

Further down the road you have Embers of Caerus and Trials of Ascension which seem to be promising a UO-type experience.

• Ive actually been keeping my eye on Archage, it looks promising, hopefully itll be out soon though. 
  • kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

Salem, just entered open beta today,  hardcore sandbox permadeath and full loot pvp

Go!

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• RlechotRlechot Member UncommonPosts: 25

The best MMO ever created of all time. Star Wars Galaxies Pre-NGE

I play it everyday and its free

www.swgemu.com

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu. It's not even close.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by kirak2009

Salem, just entered open beta today,  hardcore sandbox permadeath and full loot pvp

Go!

How's the crafting in it?

• CryghtCryght Member UncommonPosts: 22

Salem crafting hahahah..   well its a crafting mmo...  tho it should be titled

"Salem Crafting & Studying MMO"   So your spend about a few hours running around picking up items to learn basics, then go further into the life..

I play Salem on my times im bored.. REALLY bored..   but it has alot of crafting, some pvp if your ok with the "PERMA-DEATH"  yes you can be killed, looted, have your house/cast/ecity w/e the hell u make taken from you.. 

If a player has high skill for invading they can enter your territory.. the claimed lands protect against newbies.. but wont protect well verse people who study to be a theif..  Despite the graphics and it takes about 8 hours before you can defend yourself.... Lots of studying... Salem is decent since you can make urself a house, and the inside of your house is "instanced, yet not..."

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Age of Conan on a Blood and Glory ruleset server

[x] Building  (Guild Cities)

[x] Guild Warfare (Sieges)

[x] Open world PvP, no guards (after Tortage)

[x] Corpse loot

[x] Top notch DX10 graphics, day night change, huge countries to level in non linear fashion

[x] Harvesting

[x] Crafting

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Want to play a good sandbox with great playerbase, lot's of content and risky pvp? Come play EVE!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran