Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is funcom even supporting its game anymore?

RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Hi guys!

Like the title says, I'm not sure if they do anything about this game anymore cause the live chat always gives me this:

Live Chat is currently unavailable.

For assistance with in-game issues, please submit a petition in-game using /petition.

For any other questions, please contact us via our help portal at http://help.funcom.com.

The forums don't let me reply or start a new thread saying after I can actually login successfully:

A Message from the King !

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Which is bullshit since my account is there for ages and even after I changed my forums password I was able to login normally.

Not to mention that the game always gives me the Authentication Error Code (14) even my password is correct and my account is clearly active.

Funny and at the same time frustrating thing, it brings up the "Cancel or Account Management" and when I click on account management I can normaly use my password to login there and see that everything is alright.

I made a screenshot and sent it to them explaining the situation over a week ago.

Never got any replies (I checked my junk mail too).

So I have a activated account that doesn't let me to enter the game nor lets me post or reply in their forums.

Their live chat is always "unavailable at this time" and their support doesn't give a crap about the tickets they get.

Really saddening in my opinion and I think the best option will be to just uninstall the game and be done with it.

VERY happy that I didn't selected the premium or I would probably have even more troubles.

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

maybe they blocked your account? or your accout got hacked and blocked after. Otherwise its a f2p game so any1 should be able to log in anywhere.

Supporters ingame and forums are actually active.

Unfortunally i can't answer any other question, since im not very active too.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    OP I think F2P accounts get locked due to inactivity on them.
  • DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    dude why not just fcking open new account. It's not like  you payed them anything in the first place...

The Ultimate Breakdown

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    FC is under going heavy restructing right now so Tarib is the only guy trying to keep things rolling. But as of now better not expect anything because there entire focus is on restructing.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Your AoC account and Forum accounts are different set ups.  Not sure if you've done this but on your account page you need to set up your Forum account log in from there.
  • RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by DaSpack
    dude why not just fcking open new account. It's not like  you payed them anything in the first place...

Because my TSW and my AO accounts are there aswell?

I have a account there for many years and to answer the further questions of those that probably didn't read my first post properly:

- my account is not blocked

- I can login on the site and in the forums which means that both are set

- already mentioned that I even changed my forums password

Reconstruction or not, having no one helping for over a week after a FUNCOM ticket has been filled is out of place.

Most of all since such support tickets are getting to the general support instead of being game related, that means that it doesn't even have to do with AoC anymore but with their whole support.

Funny also how unprofessional suggestions taking place by have a message on the site telling you how to contact the IN GAME support while in the game, when you can't even enter the game in the first place.

From what I read in the forums there are a lot of issues unsolved and no one cares to help all these people that can't login in the game including me.

The Authentification issue pops in, in various ways as it seems.

In others peoples cases they drop from the game and can't get back at all anymore cause after it popped up the first time, they are blocked. The solution of "login 15 minutes later or much later" doesn't help them.

Others crush everytime they are going in the character screen.

With so many people locked out, I'm wondering if there are any in the game at all anymore. 

Anyway, I left the game on my HD for now and will wait and see if they will EVER contact me or help me at all.

Should they not react for another week, then they can rest assured that they lost another customer and that I won't touch any of their games anymore cause enough is enough.

I think waiting for 2 weeks is more then fair enough.

In other companies cases you are getting the first response within an hour or  between the first 24 hours and 3 days as the longest response time.

Originally posted by Vapors

maybe they blocked your account? or your accout got hacked and blocked after. Otherwise its a f2p game so any1 should be able to log in anywhere.

Supporters ingame and forums are actually active.

Unfortunally i can't answer any other question, since im not very active too.

That's unfortunately the main problem to.

How is someone supposed to reach them when the game doesn't let you login and the forums don't let you post AFTER you login in the forums?

Live chat doesn't work either so the only remaining option is the support ticket for such cases.

When they go and ignore these tickets however, no one can be helped and thats the whole problem. :/

Anyway, thanks a lot for trying to help me, is very appreaciated. :)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Hey first of all I remember getting the permission problem on the forum too, until I found out there is US and EU forum switch in the top bar, you only have permission to post in your region, and if you are F2P you can only post in the F2P Players sub section.

Although they just announced a forum revamp with a new look and unified regions.

Second, just type /petition in chat for ingame troubles. GMs usually show up within a matter of minutes or go here for account issues

http://help.funcom.com/

Third, they just released the new content pack Dragon spine, and there is lots upcoming content, so yes I very much think they are supporting the game ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpP6JIH42Is

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Raekon

Because my TSW and my AO accounts are there aswell?

I have a account there for many years and to answer the further questions of those that probably didn't read my first post properly:

- my account is not blocked

- I can login on the site and in the forums which means that both are set

- already mentioned that I even changed my forums password

Reconstruction or not, having no one helping for over a week after a FUNCOM ticket has been filled is out of place.

Most of all since such support tickets are getting to the general support instead of being game related, that means that it doesn't even have to do with AoC anymore but with their whole support.

Funny also how unprofessional suggestions taking place by have a message on the site telling you how to contact the IN GAME support while in the game, when you can't even enter the game in the first place.

From what I read in the forums there are a lot of issues unsolved and no one cares to help all these people that can't login in the game including me.

The Authentification issue pops in, in various ways as it seems.

In others peoples cases they drop from the game and can't get back at all anymore cause after it popped up the first time, they are blocked. The solution of "login 15 minutes later or much later" doesn't help them.

Others crush everytime they are going in the character screen.

With so many people locked out, I'm wondering if there are any in the game at all anymore. 

Anyway, I left the game on my HD for now and will wait and see if they will EVER contact me or help me at all.

Should they not react for another week, then they can rest assured that they lost another customer and that I won't touch any of their games anymore cause enough is enough.

I think waiting for 2 weeks is more then fair enough.

In other companies cases you are getting the first response within an hour or  between the first 24 hours and 3 days as the longest response time.

FC support was ALWAYS appalling - massive wait times, months or years for resolution on game-trashing problems, so many restrictions of GMs they could never do anything helpful, NEVER any admission that anything was wrong even when a chimp could work out there was, oh and my favourite - the 'guilty 'till proven innocent, but then no acquital anyway' approach to complaints about lost items, loot failures in raids, etc. etc.

FC took a great game with fantastic potential, launched it a year too early, lied about loads of stuff, didn't give a damn about their customers and then diverted their resources into TSW before they sorted the game out.

There are very, very good reasons why they get called 'Failcom' so often.

Don't hold your breath waiting for them to help you - you are after all just a paying customer - an entity of little value to their support 'team' based on all available evidence to date...

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Of course they support the game.  The cash-shop works flawlessly.

Hi guys!

Like the title says, I'm not sure if they do anything about this game anymore cause the live chat always gives me this:

For assistance with in-game issues, please submit a petition in-game using /petition.

For any other questions, please contact us via our help portal at http://help.funcom.com.

The forums don't let me reply or start a new thread saying after I can actually login successfully:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Which is bullshit since my account is there for ages and even after I changed my forums password I was able to login normally.

Not to mention that the game always gives me the Authentication Error Code (14) even my password is correct and my account is clearly active.

Funny and at the same time frustrating thing, it brings up the "Cancel or Account Management" and when I click on account management I can normaly use my password to login there and see that everything is alright.

I made a screenshot and sent it to them explaining the situation over a week ago.

So I have a activated account that doesn't let me to enter the game nor lets me post or reply in their forums.

Their live chat is always "unavailable at this time" and their support doesn't give a crap about the tickets they get.

Really saddening in my opinion and I think the best option will be to just uninstall the game and be done with it.

VERY happy that I didn't selected the premium or I would probably have even more troubles.

Nice writeup of QQ. Sounds like you started off with the game on the wrong foot.. TERA have something going on now.. like a F2P offer or something, try that one out.

If you still wanna play with the big boys.. PM me on the Wiccana server.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Hi guys!

Nice writeup of QQ. Sounds like you started off with the game on the wrong foot.. TERA have something going on now.. like a F2P offer or something, try that one out.

^ plays with "the big boys" on a PVE server. Irony at its' finest.

Nice to see how well you can answer to criticism, when not promoting every single thing about this game here. Amusingly enough, one gets better picture of this game on the official forums instead of this one.

Good luck with your legitimate problem OP, I wouldn't get hopes up, though. Clearly the solution is the customer support, but hey.. that's just what it is. With the amount of cutbacks FC made, CS is even worse than ever before.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Of course they are still supporting the game. If they weren't they would be throwing away lots of whatever money they put into it.

I've submitted support tickets and get responses the very next day
    Originally posted by Mdpats
    Of course they are still supporting the game. If they weren't they would be throwing away lots of whatever money they put into it.

Happy you got lucky with that.

I only checked back now to see what happened to this thread and to confirm that I will indeed uninstall the client now.

It is the second marz and I still got no replies from their support upon my issue.

The weakest and worst support I ever experienced in a company/game and I have tested and played over 400+ mmos so far (in two betas again right now).

Truly sad what they are doing with their customers and too bad for a game with a lot of potential.

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69

I only checked back now to see what happened to this thread and to confirm that I will indeed uninstall the client now.

It is the second marz and I still got no replies from their support upon my issue.

The weakest and worst support I ever experienced in a company/game and I have tested and played over 400+ mmos so far (in two betas again right now).

Truly sad what they are doing with their customers and too bad for a game with a lot of potential.

So what exactly are they doing to their customers that is truly sad ? I've been a paying customer for 3 years in AoC and have never had any issues with the game or with customer support. Even now that Funcom is going through heavy restructuring, they have answered all my feedback emails promptly in both AoC and TSW within 48 hours. Not sure about AO because I haven't logged in for a while.

So assuming that your claims are true, I think it's clear you are a very unlucky customer and definitely not the norm (people in my guild have never talked in chat about any serious problems with the game or CS), but I wouldn't discard that you're just trolling either.

Originally posted by Dreskest

So what exactly are they doing to their customers that is truly sad ? I've been a paying customer for 3 years in AoC and have never had any issues with the game or with customer support. Even now that Funcom is going through heavy restructuring, they have answered all my feedback emails promptly in both AoC and TSW within 48 hours. Not sure about AO because I haven't logged in for a while.

So assuming that your claims are true, I think it's clear you are a very unlucky customer and definitely not the norm (people in my guild have never talked in chat about any serious problems with the game or CS), but I wouldn't discard that you're just trolling either.

So I guess that's also the main difference here and the reason why I never heard back from them.

You are a PAYING customer, I choose the FREE option at first so I can check the game and see if I like it enough to spend money on it.

It's the 19th April and I still NEVER got a reply from them.

I went and downloaded the Steam Version from my steam account two weeks ago, I installed it, went till the login screen and ended up to have the same issue.

It won't let me authentificate and enter the game.

So when I got the option that lead me to the official site, I logged in on the site(always works), my account there is active and everything looks fine.

I go back to the game and again the same issue, it won't let me login.

Account is ok, informations and everything say I should be able to enter the game but the game won't let me in.

Wrote to the support two weeks ago, didn't heard a word from them again.

Same treatment.

I guess they are waiting till I select a payed subscription before they let me in but if they think that they can rip me off this way, then they better think twice.

That type of behaviour shows only one thing in my opinion and that's unprofessionalism.

"Nice" reply filled with immaturity.

It showcases two things:

1) you didn't care to read properly, otherwise you wouldn't say to someone that CAN'T enter the game to PM you in game

2) how "good" you are towards people with legitimate problems

Thanks for "trying" though.

At least I know now which server I should avoid in case I EVER make it into the game. :p

As about Tera, Thanks but no Thanks!

I was one of the closed beta players there and quit in the very first day.

A day filled with killing of trees, "Bunnies" among other things you needed to kill 10, 20, 50, 70 from till your eyes started to bleed.

"Nice" reply filled with immaturity.

It showcases two things:

1) you didn't care to read properly, otherwise you wouldn't say to someone that CAN'T enter the game to PM you in game

2) how "good" you are towards people with legitimate problems

Thanks for "trying" though.

At least I know now which server I should avoid in case I EVER make it into the game. :p

As about Tera, Thanks but no Thanks!

I was one of the closed beta players there and quit in the very first day.

A day filled with killing of trees, "Bunnies" among other things you needed to kill 10, 20, 50, 70 from till your eyes started to bleed.

? Iove you too.

Have a nice weekend.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    to the op: had the same problems. wrote an email to support and they activated the account within 1 day. i am a premium member
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Had a similar issue back when I was playing AoC (pre-crafting remake) and I shot off a ticket/e-mail to their support explaining what was happening, fixed within 2 days, free player.

Originally posted by Dihoru
    Had a similar issue back when I was playing AoC (pre-crafting remake) and I shot off a ticket/e-mail to their support explaining what was happening, fixed within 2 days, free player.

One of my main issues as I stated was that my account seemed to be active  on the site but it would still not let me go in game.

My Anarchy Online account (was in its betas back then) and my TSW accounts were also active.

Waited after the second ticket and nothing happen again.

So I went into my account, changed my details, (Address and stuff that were actually already there) and saved my profile.

Then retried to login and it worked. -.-

It's really beyond me what happened there cause my details were in my profile for years and even after 2 tickets I never received any help.

Don't know if anyone else had the same issue down the line but in case someone might have, just try to change your profiles details like street, country  etc. and save (you can redo after to add them back).

It should work after that. :)