Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a couple of different game types!

AntiselfAntiself Member Posts: 3

Hello everyone! I'm looking for games to play to take me away from WoW. I'm just going to list a few features I really enjoy in games and you can rattle off games that have them! This is a pretty specific list of features and there's probably no one game that has every one.

1. Intricate crafting system (I want to craft my own arrows, and not in LameScape!)
  2. Player Housing (preferrably not instanced) and the possibility of guild-owned cities with guild housing (similar to how SW:G was!)
  3. I like games where you go out and accumulate general experience, and you spend the experience points in whatever your profession is. Maybe I want to kill mobs and use the experience to increase my blacksmithing!
  4. Games with not strictly combat classes. Perhaps I would like to be a simple weaponsmith and make weapons for my buddies while they go out and kill the monsters!
  5. Modern times. A lot of times the fantasy and medieval genres of MMORPGs look too much alike, but not a lot of modern era (not just present time, could go as far back as the cowboys and indian days!)
  6. Sandbox, sandbox, sandbox!

If you can think of games that contain these features, then just list the game, the feature number (1-6) next to it and possibly a brief description of it! Thanks for your time!

2D, 3D, Paid or Free suggest it all! I have no bias towards that!

Comments

• AntiselfAntiself Member Posts: 3
    Bump
  • toksikstoksiks Member UncommonPosts: 16

Lineage 2 (only find a decent private server, ex. http://www.lineage2warpgate.com/)

1. Check

2. Guild-owned cities - check (you fight for castles vs. other guilds to proclaim the city), guild houses inside the cities.

3. Nope

4. You can be a crafter (Dwarves) or as we call it a spoiler (Dwarves aswell), spoilers gather mats by killing mobs (additional crafting loot) and then crafters use them to make things. 80% of weapons and armors have to be crafted by yourself, you can't buy them and the chance to drop something like that is only from raid bosses which is rare aswell.

5. Nope

6. Yep.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    EVE Online. Pretty much everything except its in the future. Also try FFXIV, which has everything except exprience thing, and its in a fantasy world.
  • AntiselfAntiself Member Posts: 3
    Lineage 2 doesn't look that bad, but it does visuallylook a lot like kal online. I hope the grind isn't the same! In kalonline once you hit level 50 (and this game was all grind) it took weeks to level up and no one knows what the level cap is to this day because the highest so far is in the 80s or 90s.
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293

Gloria Victis (under development atm)

1. All is crafted. There are even two types of guilds. Normal guilds and crafting guilds. Only by being in a crafting guilds can you craft best items.

2. If you are willing to pay for it your house will be on the map. Other houses will be instanced. Guilds can craft/build their own cities.

3. Not sure, it says unrestricted character development (no classes). Go to their official website and ask the devs. They will be happy to explain it to you.

4. Not sure, it says unrestricted character development (no classes). Go to their official website and ask the devs. They will be happy to explain it to you.

5. Aww to bad. Medieval times. But they aim for realistic, low fantasy settings unlike most other similar games out there.

6. Check, check, check :)

Official website: http://gloriavictisgame.com/index.php

• NygleNygle Member UncommonPosts: 17

You want rare, how about Haven and Hearth.  the alpha of Salem

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14667

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    the community can be dysfunctional as hell at times, but Fallen Earth might be worth a try. 

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse