Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is awesome, great PvP and Endgame PvE (How to level up fast explained) - been playing for

cjtigncjtign Member UncommonPosts: 61

Well I started playing back in August-september of 2012. Initially I felt at a disadvantage people were already full 10.4 geared and there I was at ql 1-5 greens.

I found the fastest way to level up was a combination of fusang PvP (getting insane XP for your level) or doing normal dungeons. The storyline missions were very very fast xp too, also almost all missions can be repeated as can dungeons for xp.

After 1 week of doing missions, normal dungeons and some PvP (which I got destroyed in lol) I was near ql10 green. I joined a PvE cabal theres lots of great cabals recruiting new players I joined Wasted Dayz which is a multifaction cabal (so anyone can join them) and they are a huge PvE cabal.

I completed all the elites in a matter of 2-3 days some I pugged with randoms they weren't that much harder than normal and some my new cabal helped me with. I then spent a fun 10 hours beating the gatekeeper so I could go to nightmares. By this time I was near full ql10 blue from just doing each elite once. I had 40% of the wheel complete.

I started pugging beginner NMs. I looked over the guides on unfair.co for each NM nad each boss as a DPS. I'd recommend you get AR / Shotty, AR / Pistol or Shotgun/Pistol for DPS. After doing polaris, HR, DW about 3 times each I had near full purple gear ql10.0-10.2 it was my 2nd week of playing so I was pretty amazed at how fast the gear grind is (since each boss drops ql10.0-10.2 gear, doing 3 dungeons 3x = 18 pieces of purple gear. I just need on everything lol.

Anyways I learned the wait as a DPS to get into random PUG teams was long. There is a DIRE NEED FOR TANKS in PVE you can always get into Nightmares constantly so I learned the tanking role. It was actually very easy to do the first three NMs you only need about 8000 HP, 1100 AR, and 600 block. I was getting good at tanking and getting into NMs instnatly. In a matter of 3-4 more weeks of just doing Nightmares I was at full 10.4/10.4 gear (MAX GEAR). It wa sonly my 6th week playing and my ./played was around 6-7 days.

I then turned my attention to PvP. I had heard bad things about PvP in this game and I had done PvP early on. I did get owned but the problem with my builds earlier when I thought more like a DPS was I would make glass cannon builds and get 1-2 hit. Now that I was used to tanking I made a build with block and defense. And I have to say it was amazing. I felt nearly invincible. I quickly acquired 10,000 kills and moved up all the leader boards rather fast. I made some good friends with the templars especailly on Daemon.

Then the Raid came out. The first 2 weeks we couldn't beat it (usually the DPS fault, tanking the raid is easy you can do it in ql10.0 blues) but eventually everyone got their stuff together and now we do the raid every 3 days.

Eventually we formed a PvP Cabal called Primal Instinct and recruiting some other PvPers / Endgamers and the games been fun ever since.

So what does this game have that other games dont have:

1.) Sweet graphics

2.) Healthy Population >300,000 people playing this game

3.) NO CLASSES:

- This has to be one of hte best thigns for both pvp and pve. First of all there is no reason for alts in this game. You can heal one day, dps the next and tank the next. Its fun and adds more variability to gameplay. Its nice to learn new roles and experience new things in game. Its also GREAT for PvP theres OP builds because if people think something is OP they can just use it, but every build has a counter build in this game. Teamplay is grealy encouraged and this game has an amazing synergy system.

- One example of synergy is that healers in PVP should not go Fist/Blood for example. Sure that may sound beneficial to the healer to have cold blooded and fist HOTS/Empowerement but its more beneficial to the team for him to go fist/shotgun (for cleanup, breach, flak jacket) or Fist/DA for (win-win, Deadly Aim).

- These are things that you need to think of when you join PvP instances, and owPVP matches.

4.) Fantasic PvP experience. Early on this game sucked for PvP it had broken instances only 1 was working at a time. Population was low.

- I have to say with 1.5 a lot changed, They fixed all instances now there are 3+ PvP instances (capture the flag, king of the hill, persistant Fusang (which is like colony zone in KE or DAoC RvR)

- There also is cabal ladder and monthy duel contests with rewards

5.) PvE endgame

- Endgame there are 8 dungeons, 1 raid, and 9 Lairs. All are endgame content. After Lairs there are regional bosses which give sick rewards but take 10+ people to kill. Coming in patch 1.7 they are adding 2nd Raid, a World boss and a new map with new missions and such.

6.) PvP content thats coming

- There are two PvP contents coming that they are working on prob will be here 1.8 patch

1.) Open World PvP event, factions will need to defend relics in huge RvRvR type PvP

2.) The PvP dungeon they have been working on for a few months. Joel said its coming soon so can't wait hoepfully it will be like Tara in AO!

7.) Most of all something I look at is this is a NEW GAME. Its not like some of those games that have been out for years and will take you 5-6 months of just pure grinding to "catch up to everyone". In a matter of weeks you can be full 10.2 purples just using the random drops from nightmare mobs. The disparty between ql10.2 and ql10.4 custom gear is rather small.

You also only need about 30% of your AP wheel to be a factor in PvP or PvE if you get the right skills. For PvE all the builds are online on the forums or on duffy guides so again its a very quick progression ladder. The game will continue to add content and get more dense best to get in now if thats what your looking for because in a matter of 7-8 weeks you can be fully geared and enjoying the hardcore Lairs, Raids or PvP this game has to offer.

Cost of game: $30

Add ons: Yes lots in curse Client

Time it takes to get "Endgame geared": about 7-8 weeks or 6 days on the /played pending how often you play. Also I optimzied my playtime for progression I didn't do any lore, roleplay, side missions. The game has a lot in that arena too I just skipped it.

-Koreander

Cabal Leader of Primal Instinct PvP Cabal (Templar)

http://primalinstinct.info

Comments

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I've heard the Fusang PvP is quick exp for leveling, but I just do not see it. I'm on Daemon server and the Illuminati always hold every capture point. If you're Templar or Dragon, you can't even leave your spawn point without being ganked. How do you make any exp in this situation? I can't see how the PvP is fun for anyone. Dragon and Templar don't queue for Fusang so Illuminati are lkeft to play by themselves in Fusang Projects. I really want to like this game, I just feel like it's taking me forever to get SP/AP (I'm going AR/Blade atm).
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

IMHO....         Investigative missions = XP, nothing comes close

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Why would anyone want to "level up fast" in a themepark dungeon gear grinder with no real end-game?  Take your time and level slow.  It's al there really is to the game.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Well, rushing is definitely not necessary, and there's plenty to do if you look for it.  Depends on what you like, but I suppose if you are there for PvP primarily, you can level your gear quickly if you need be to become competitive right away.  But the PvE is so nice that it feels a shame to rush through any of it.  

I think one of the big requests has been brackets to allow lower geared players to do PvP without getting crushed.  Almost would prefer that for leveling a PvP toon to rushing through the missions.

Nice write-up on the game, Koreander! :)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    in my book,any game using the payment method of arenanet gw series should be a fair value.and at 30 $ its 50% the price of gw2 (should you get bored of gw2 eventually.
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Why would anyone want to "level up fast" in a themepark dungeon gear grinder with no real end-game?  Take your time and level slow.  It's al there really is to the game.

What difference does it make to you how I want to play a game? I don't recall asking you to tell me how to enjoy my gaming. I like to raid. That tends to be endgame. I don't criticize people for wanting to PvP or enjoy as many quests as they can along the way, is it too much to expect the same courtesy or does that snide little value judgement just have to be thrown in there? How about I play the game how I want to play it and you play how you want to and we not try to dictate to others how they're suppose to play or enjoy a game?

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by drbaltazar
    in my book,any game using the payment method of arenanet gw series should be a fair value.and at 30 $ its 50% the price of gw2 (should you get bored of gw2 eventually.

After 2 months I have 3 characters maxxed out in GW2. I'm done already LOL.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by MortisRex

What difference does it make to you how I want to play a game? I don't recall asking you to tell me how to enjoy my gaming. I like to raid. That tends to be endgame. I don't criticize people for wanting to PvP or enjoy as many quests as they can along the way, is it too much to expect the same courtesy or does that snide little value judgement just have to be thrown in there? How about I play the game how I want to play it and you play how you want to and we not try to dictate to others how they're suppose to play or enjoy a game?

The strange thing is that the gear grind is pretty short and 10.5 gear may be the upper end of that progression.  I'm interested to see how horizontal progression plays out in this game  (more wheels, extensions to the existing wheels?) -- I think of many games, TSW is better positioned to deliver on that promise.

TSW has people playing in all the typical areas -- RP, endgame, PvP, casual PvE; something for everyone.

• cjtigncjtign Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I've heard the Fusang PvP is quick exp for leveling, but I just do not see it. I'm on Daemon server and the Illuminati always hold every capture point. If you're Templar or Dragon, you can't even leave your spawn point without being ganked. How do you make any exp in this situation? I can't see how the PvP is fun for anyone. Dragon and Templar don't queue for Fusang so Illuminati are lkeft to play by themselves in Fusang Projects. I really want to like this game, I just feel like it's taking me forever to get SP/AP (I'm going AR/Blade atm).

Hey man! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Illuminati dominates BG-C during european times, during american times we take back BG-C fusang its really fun. You should join up with us and watch the XP and Black Marks roll in!!!

You can message me or Slashermcgirk in game (my name is Koreander).

We usually push fusang hard around 8-9 pm USA Eastern.

Most people though (most good pvpers) all transfered to BG-A that is the most populated and balanced fusang so you can follow suit if you want. We all decided it woudl be best if everyone just picked a BG and all moved there so most have all moved to A. It was kinda silly having top pvpers spread out over 3 battelgroups.

I'm not sure what your talking about or how long you experienced in this game. The last 2 months ahve been insane in the content rolling in and the next 2 updates 1.6 and 1.7 will add a whole lot. Again you can see next to my name I've been playing these games for 10+ years this game has a heck of a lot more content than any other game I can think of after being out for 6 months.

Endgame though theres Lairs, Regional bosses, NYC Raid and lots of PvP options. Also they got DLC and some pretty cool investigational missions which I haven't seen in any other games. Theres also Nightmare dungeons but I agree with you after beating Polaris 100x it gets old.

But Facility, Slaughterhouse, Ankh, and Hell fallen NM are always fun especially given the difficulty in beating fac/HF. Also you should try MP them. HF is really hard most of game hasn't even done that.

The 1.6-1.8 updates are adding:

1.) An entire new map Tokyo with extension of main story line (sorta like transylvania, egypt, ...)

2.) Loads of new missions which are all on test now

3.) 3rd DLC

4.) A new world boss spawned from fragments from all regional bosses (A feat htat will take a while for any pve/endgame cabal to complete)

5.) owPVP Events, capture and protect relics around the world

6.) New Aux weapon the whip + the next aux weapon

7.) New NM Dungeon

8.) 2nd Raid

Games pumping out content quick

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by cjtign

The 1.6-1.8 updates are adding:

1.) An entire new map Tokyo with extension of main story line (sorta like transylvania, egypt, ...)

2.) Loads of new missions which are all on test now

3.) 3rd DLC

4.) A new world boss spawned from fragments from all regional bosses (A feat htat will take a while for any pve/endgame cabal to complete)

5.) owPVP Events, capture and protect relics around the world

6.) New Aux weapon the whip + the next aux weapon

7.) New NM Dungeon

8.) 2nd Raid

Games pumping out content quick

Um.  I do very much enjoy the game, but that's not entirely true.

Each update (1.6, 1.7 and so on) is slated to come with a DLC of some kind.

1.6 has the new aux weapon(whip), a bunch of new quests(at least 6 multi-step quests), that lair raid mechanic you mention in point 4, and what looks like some new way to get high-end gear though just a vendor for that's been put on the test server.

The rest of the updates through issue #12 have only been briefly laid out.

1.7 has some quests, another new aux weapon, and starts up a longer term in-game event that lasts through the start of 1.9.

1.8 has some new repeatable quest/content feature.

It isn't until 1.9 that we get the new zone and it's going to be expanded on through issue #11 (1.11 I guess) and somewhere in there is where they'll give us the new dungeon.

Issue #12 they mentioned another new zone, but that not likely until the end of the year and we all know how things change with development time.

None of those are monthly releases but it is the road-map for the rest of the year, so 'regular' releases.

source: http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/game_directors_letter_february_2013

I've not heard anything about another raid aside from the lair raids, and the open world PvP has only been mentioned as in-development and there's been no hard date set for it.  What with the whole merging of the dev teams and relocation it might well be a while before it's put in.  There's also the investigation raids that you didn't mention, but those have been in development for quite some time now, so who knows when we'll see them.

Illuminati dominates BG-C during european times, during american times we take back BG-C fusang its really fun. You should join up with us and watch the XP and Black Marks roll in!!!

Most people though (most good pvpers) all transfered to BG-A that is the most populated and balanced fusang so you can follow suit if you want. We all decided it woudl be best if everyone just picked a BG and all moved there so most have all moved to A. It was kinda silly having top pvpers spread out over 3 battelgroups.

Hey, I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction. At this point, I have about 73 AP, so starting over on a BG A server probably wouldn't be too much of  astrain. It would be great just to have folks to group with or ask questions/build advice of. You'll probably be hearing from me in the near future in game.

Sure feel free to msg me in game. I'm templar so if your not it may be limited how much I can assist you through PvP but at least in PvE I can help you out.

my in game name is Koreander

Our cabal is Primal Instinct (Templar)