Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Europe goes P2W

2»

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    fyi, even when you can buy something or find something in game without paying money, it's still pay to win if real money allows you to get it faster/easier.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    fyi, even when you can buy something or find something in game without paying money, it's still pay to win if real money allows you to get it faster/easier.

Every day I come to these boards I wonder if I can read something more stupid than the day before from some random troll, and I'm never disappointed. By that definition every game is P2W, since you need to pay your internet bills to play a mmo. People who don't pay their internet can't log on and those who pay the internet connection have the advantage.

P2W is when you can get through real currency goods that you can't get otherwise, or if you can get them it's through unreasonable amounts of effort. This is not the case of TERA. Please inform yourself before making posts that leave you in evidence.

Originally posted by sodade21
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    You can play with your old account, in Veteran status (means you'll gain some perks compared to F2P people, mostly more bank space and extra character slots).

Yes i understand i can play the game normaly.. what im not sure is if i have to download a new client to be able to play now .. 

seems that my instalation does not work.. try to upgrade but stay at 0% is the something i should know about?

I didn't have to download any client, just launch the same one and got a 1GB patch that got it all ready to play. Might have gotten some corrupted files somewhere...

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Since aside of the more objective replies I got a few more then upset comments I'd like to give a short update.

Yes, it's true, you can't buy MW Alkahest DIRECTLY at the moment. You are supposed to gamble for it using lockboxes.

As for the current MW drop rates the official tera forums are full of complaints about the terrible drop rate. There are also some people claiming they get from 1-3MW up to 5-10 MW alkahest per run, you can do the math for a +12 set if things don't work out perfectly. But many people can't seem to even confirm that 5-10 MW akahest drop rate.

That made MW akhaest prices going through the roof on my server. And that's with all the people bunkering MW alkahest, it shouldn't get better when that bunkered mw alkahest got sold.

And I don't think the changes to spell bind which are extremely hard to get now should be ignored. Those are supposed to be aquired through lockbox cash shop gambling too.

While this might not be P2W depending on your personal definition it surely means that an important resource for your characters strength got heavily limited for the sake of being able to boost its sales on the cash store. This might be P2W according to your personal definition or not, that's something i let you decide.

LFG!
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by eHug

That made MW akhaest prices going through the roof on my server. And that's with all the people bunkering MW alkahest, it shouldn't get better when that bunkered mw alkahest got sold.

And I don't think the changes to spell bind which are extremely hard to get now should be ignored. Those are supposed to be aquired through lockbox cash shop gambling too.

While this might not be P2W depending on your personal definition it surely means that an important resource for your characters strength got heavily limited for the sake of being able to boost its sales on the cash store. This might be P2W according to your personal definition or not, that's something i let you decide.

MW alk is only 35g and we're being hit with inflation because you can make 2k gold per day off dailies now, spellbind is already cheaper than it was in the normal shop at 13g a piece.

That's with the cash shop still being under construction, all that alkahest is being put on the broker from the in-game events that drop it, for example the caimon egg thieves and the dracoloth sovereigns. Once the cash shop opens I wouldn't be surprised to see MW alk drop back to it's original price or even lower and spellbind... well, its already cheaper than it was and can only get cheaper.

So, the same/cheaper prices but its easier to make gold now because of inflation. So F2P has actually made end game progression easier for people and still without spending a penny in the shop.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

That's with the cash shop still being under construction, all that alkahest is being put on the broker from the in-game events that drop it, for example the caimon egg thieves and the dracoloth sovereigns. Once the cash shop opens I wouldn't be surprised to see MW alk drop back to it's original price or even lower and spellbind... well, its already cheaper than it was and can only get cheaper.

So, the same/cheaper prices but its easier to make gold now because of inflation. So F2P has actually made end game progression easier for people and still without spending a penny in the shop.

Ah I didn't know that daily quests are now giving 2k per day. With 10 quests that's 200g each for 1-3minutes of effort. Hell, I got 6 level 60 chars, that means i can make 12k gold per day with less then an hour of effort? Yeah that would help a lot with buying MW alkahest and spell bind.

Out of curiousity: What server are you on? When I checked on Killian yesterday, MW alka/spellbind prices were about 3 times higher then the original NPC shop.

LFG!

Quick update:

Some claimed that the post was a trolling post since MW alkahest and MW scrolls couldn't be bought in the store right when the game went F2P. That changed. Tera NA now started selling MW Alkahest and MW scrolls in Item Shop, just like in korea. Let's see how long it will take for EU to adapt.

Here's a screen someone posted on the forum:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1tani1&s=6

On Killian MW Akahest now costs 185g each. And the price keeps rising. Let's see where it leads.

LFG!
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

sounds familiar, Frogster, umm LOL, GameForge, did same at RoM.
    guess what, people posts told you need 600 to 1k $ to be good at game, or like 5 months of endless grind but by the time they will bring new level and here we go.

if same stuff will be done to Tera, I'll better run away before I got hooked into this game.

shame, seems I liked EnMasse...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2