Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population?

BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50
So after reading about some of the upcoming changes, I decided to give GW2 another shot. I log into the game, and there is almost no one around. Even in Lion's Arch, I could count the amount of players on two hands. Does anyone have an idea of the average active players during any given day, or are they still witholding this information?

Comments

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Beardyman
    So after reading about some of the upcoming changes, I decided to give GW2 another shot. I log into the game, and there is almost no one around. Even in Lion's Arch, I could count the amount of players on two hands. Does anyone have an idea of the average active players during any given day, or are they still witholding this information?

?  Were you in overflow?  Because yesterday one of my guild members actually went into LIon's Arch that =wasn't= an overflow, and they were shocked as hell, because it was the first time in months.

You might also be on some horribly underpopulated server, I wouldn't know, I'm on one of the most populated, no reason to guest on other servers, so can't speak for them.

Also, if you stand by the bank or the auction house long enough, suddenly LOTS of people will pop up that the game was just hiding from youb ecause it figured they weren't important. :P

Try going to things like dragon events.  On my server, they're currently so popular that it's pushing people into overflow, which is rather annoying.  Well over a hundred people fighting the same dragon.

If you look at the dailies, and know the most efficient places/ways to complete them, you'll discover there's huge masses of people at any time of day, running around in those places.

People go where it's efficient, mostly.

• BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50

I wasn't in overflow, but it's possible that my server is under-populated. I haven't played in ages, after all... I'm on Maguuma.

Edit: Just checked, and Maguuma is "Very High" population. I honestly have to say that I don't believe it. I find it really hard to believe that ALL of their servers are Very High or High population...

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

I wasn't in overflow, but it's possible that my server is under-populated. I haven't played in ages, after all... I'm on Maguuma.

Edit: Just checked, and Maguuma is "Very High" population. I honestly have to say that I don't believe it. I find it really hard to believe that ALL of their servers are Very High or High population...

I find it very hard to believe your post ...I play on a heavy populated server and if anything I get a little claustrophobic because of the amounts of folks around

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Yeah got to admit I find it a bit hard to believe. Only thing I could guess is you logged on a non-peak time, starting area, etc. But I just rolled through the starting area on my server last night and it was crowded. Heck, Divinity's Reach had to send me to an overflow. Plus I'm a mod on a fansite for the game and we just had a surplus these last couple of weeks of new players so yeah...
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

This week I have been roaming around starting areas since I've been doing some dungeons and they are very packed.

And of course, don't forget culling. :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Move to a populated server. TC and Sos are the two big ones.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by jpnz

Just guest to a more populated server and see if you like it. I'm on Isles of Janthir and find many areas populated.

• BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50

It's very possible that it was during a non-peak hour. Today's my day off and I forget it's the weekend lol... but to say you "don't find it believable" is absurd. Why in god's name would I log onto a forum and blatantly lie about something like this? Just doesn't make sense.

I'll try moving to a more populated server tonight.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Remember LA is huge.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    It might be possible Maguuma is simply low pop server. I play on Piken Square and there are sometimes ridiculous amount of players, so many that culling is getting higly annoying in pve. I was pleasently surprised how Hoelbrak is full of people, probably b/c of living storyline.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Sanctum of Rall is pretty much always packed it seems.. id try guesting on some other servers like suggested above

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    lion's arch is heavily culled. go in front of the bank and stay still for 10 seconds.
  • tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

The las few days were a PITA, there has been so many people at every event ive been to (dragons, maw, orr, behemot, fire elemental) that its getting ridiculous. Even tried different times and it didnt help.

I will try guesting on some lower populated servers (if there are any at all lol) to do these events to get away from the crowd.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Servers are packed.

*tries to find an paid pvp tournament*

*1 hour in Q later*

... fuck, guess i will join everyone in pve.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by timeraider

Servers are packed.

*1 hour in Q later*

Yah, its kinda hard to find paid PvP tornament...if you actually played the game you would know why is that.

And there are queues for WvWvW from early to late primetime. Also annoying. And i didnt find lack of sPvP anytime,theres amways plenty of action going on.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

All I have to say is that there are so many guesters and normal players on my server that I got pushed to overflow during two events today (thanks a lot TC guesters!). All of the top 6-9 WvW servers are pretty packed.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

I find it very hard to believe your post ...I play on a heavy populated server and if anything I get a little claustrophobic because of the amounts of folks around

My feelings as well.  I am on Yak's Bend and it is always crowded and we aren't one of the very biggest servers either.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by jpnz

We were fine before the "wasteland" issue and now plenty of folks from TC are sick and tired of guesters coming here and slowing our events down and pushing us into overflow.

How  about you stay on your crappy aka poorly populated server and leave us be :)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by timeraider

Servers are packed.

*1 hour in Q later*

What an epic fail. :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I'm on Jade Quarry, and that's one of the largest servers population-wise. There was no overflow in L.A. for the first time in... well, almost ever. However, it's not because of the lack of people... it turns out it's because people aren't hanging around in L.A., they're out doing things for the daily and monthly. The changes are actually starting to spread people out more. By the way, at this time of no L.A. queue there were queues on two of the borderlands and EB, and this is in a week where WvW is slow due to it being a blowout. There are still lots of people... they're just out doing things now.

Oderint, dum metuant.