Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LAN games?

ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some nice LAN games to play with my friends (4 people). We played all the classics for years already and are bored by them (Warcraft 3, UT series, CS, C&C, Diablo 2, ...)

We have 2 mediocre laptops at the party so we're looking for games that are designed for that. Also the games shouldn't cost much. All genres are wanted, and they can be MMOs too, if they are very group-oriented.

So far we have Torchlight 2 and The Cave - they are both "new", run on nearly every machine and they're affordable.

I'd be thankful if you could recommend us some games!

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Shorun

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some nice LAN games to play with my friends (4 people). We played all the classics for years already and are bored by them (Warcraft 3, UT series, CS, C&C, Diablo 2, ...)

We have 2 mediocre laptops at the party so we're looking for games that are designed for that. Also the games shouldn't cost much. All genres are wanted, and they can be MMOs too, if they are very group-oriented.

So far we have Torchlight 2 and The Cave - they are both "new", run on nearly every machine and they're affordable.

I'd be thankful if you could recommend us some games!

ARPG - Path of Exile, D2's true successor

MOBA - SMITE, Have heard good things, can't say for sure yet

As far as MMO's go the only one I know of right now you can't just solo to max level in effectively is EQ1. They don't really make MMO's that foster group play anymore.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    LAN is so 90's.
  • ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    LAN is so 90's.

Sadly, yes.

I mean, I like online gaming...but a LAN party is always funnier.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

havent played it

but dungeon defenders is a crossplatform game which synchs with most platforms

(as opposed to just being on a different platform)

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/02/ps3-pc-ios-android-cross-platform-multiplayer-achieved-in-dungeo/

lan play is supported if you google it