Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Salem: Open Beta Kicks Off for Intrepid Explorers

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Paradox Interactive has announced that the open beta for Salem: The Crafting MMO will launch today, Thursday, February 28th. The objective is, of course, to settle, thrive and stay alive in this unforgiving game world.

By designing Salem with less of a traditional MMO structure, and instead presenting players with a persistent community sandbox with high-stakes consequences for conflict, Paradox and Seatribe are allowing the Salem community to shape their own experiences. The in-game society that has sprung up during closed beta – including a bustling barter-based economy, vigilantes and mob justice, and rival settlements, have all happened as a result of players’ choices and actions. With the new addition of more players during open beta, it will be fascinating to discover what the community ultimately makes of the world of Salem.

Get started on the open beta by heading to the official Salem site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135

Very nice game !! 

but be warned, it's PERMADEATH !!

We are all satoshi!
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

just cant get my head around those big heads :(

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

You'll get over the graphics, probably end up liking them.

This is probably the best real sandbox mmo currently in existence.

Its definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but if you want something different look no further ;D

My blog: image

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    This isn't for everybody; it's barely for anybody.
    But if it's for you then you'll love it.

Extremely niche.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Consensus

Its definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but if you want something different look no further ;D

Sadly ive tried i just cant do it :(

I even lie all the game features :( maybe someone will release a graphics mod that replaces the stupid characters with somthing better LOL..

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    I want to give it a real try but the text is too small on my screen. Does anyone know a way to make the text size larger?
  • alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135

I suggest that new players read this http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=181

or watch youtube video's.

Very steap learning curve, but once you get a clue what to do, a very good game, can't get enough of it :)

We are all satoshi!
  • ManDandyManDandy Member Posts: 5
    I've been playing for about a month now and put the time in to learn and have been pleasantly surprised.  this is by far the most entertaining sandbox mmo i've ever played.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

perma dyeing mutated elephants?

OMG lol

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    no thanks
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Oregon Trail 2.0 lol
  • uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    Be warned, must have java enabled on your machine.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    A couple of sites where they rate MMOs have this rated extremely low...i get that it is niche but it sounds like it is bad and niche.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

the main problem with the game is the client it self. you HAVE to use the ender client (just like haven and hearth) without enders you are pretty much fked hard by an elephant....

graphics arent too bad after you get past its weird cartoonyness, they are still patching alot of content so you wind up after a month of hard work hitting the  content wall until patches.

even less if you join an active town lol

been playing since nov (After my 2nd beta key worked)

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    graphics is a deal breaker for me as well
  • KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by Consensus

Are you serious?

You won't get over the graphics...you'll just say "ok...whatever"

The best real sanbox makes all your dreams of a sandbox game disolve forever.  This IS NOT A SANDBOX GAME!!! It is a large world of CRAP waiting to be...eh...searched over for almost nothing.

Not everyone's cup of tea...not my cup of crap...