Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player needs help

NissoNisso Member UncommonPosts: 9
Hello,

Have been playing Tera for a week now and really enjoying game so far, but got a problem :< I can't chose which class I'd like to play till end game... Tied almost all classis till lv 20 ~ 30..., but can't chose the only one! Don't really want to play 2 - 3 classis and end up with 3 lv 40 - 50 and quit without reaching lv 60 ''end game'' (that happened to me with my last 2 mmos ). So i'd like you guys to help me choose.

I'm going to play in the newest PvE server(EU), but i love to PvP so i'd like to pick ("most") pvp oriented class, my favorite play stile is: mele DPS , h8 playing as a Tank, don't really like to kite all the time , enjoying fast kills , don't want to be 1st target in group vs group situations. Looking for a class witch is good in solo/duo/trio pvp and won't get kicked from instances (heard that happens lot for zerkers and archers), + don't want to play class that is most gear depended.

Was thinking about rolling Slayer( ...heard... they got nerfed badly ) ,Warrior ( ...heard... they are really gear/skill depended "if u'll miss 1 skill, u'll lose") or Zerker ( ...heard... they suck in pvp). 

Or should i just roll Sorc/Arch, like them both, but really h8 kiting stuff :< want to have bit of survivability with out kiting..

Would like to hear ur suggestions about 1st 3 mostly =)

ty for ur answerews.

P.S. Soz for my crappy English, English is my 3rd language.  

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Got a Beserker to level 41 when the game first released but afther comming back to the free to play launch I deleted it and rerolled Archer. I am loving the Archer class way more then I did Beserker. image
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

If you want to be strong and have a lot of room for error lancer is a good class, they have high damage and high defence + a bubble and a self heal... no class can you make more mistakes and still live than a lancer.

But in the end, just level what you enjoy playing.

• SilverOxySilverOxy Member Posts: 5

I have just recently returned to Tera after it went free to play so I am not fully familiar with the updates (boosts and nerfs) of each class. I would also suggest not to worry about it , you are new to the game so make your decision based on what and how you like to play. If you like melee dps, there is really no way to roll one and not having to worry about dodging. Each class in this game needs to get used to dodging attacks, its an action combat mmo afterall. 

Lancers are your primary tanks in the game so that will be your main job if you decide to roll one.

Slayers are fun and mobile class that wear light armor, so more squishy then you heavy melee Lancer, but really fun to play. They can evade attacks more easily as well.

Warriors are similar to Slayer when it comes to solo playstyle, but in group you can act as secondary tank due to aggro-drawing ability. Quite fun as well but they take a lot of practice.

Zerkers hits hard and slow, you can absorb quite a nice percentage of damage with your axe if you learn to time it right. Heavy users with kick ass looking axes, especially at higher lvls. 

Archers are sustained dps class. You can trap, poison, stun while your bow does decent damage. Not really wanted in parties lately, by most groups at least. Tho I enjoy playing one and having one (skilled) archer in my group.

Sorcs are your magic DPS class, basically stay on range and spam insane damage after lvl 48 (when u get your attack speed skill). But you are really squishy and dodging and slowing the enemies is a must since your goal is to keep them at distance.

Good luck! 

Currently playing: TERA, GW2

On facebook | Xfire

• RoxOnFireRoxOnFire Member UncommonPosts: 32

I started out as a sorcerer.Didn't care for it at all. Moved from Mt Tyrannia to Valley of the Titans,rolled a Slayer and loving it.

My hub is a Zerk and he doesn't care for the slowness in PVP. Our guild is called Order of the Dragon if you care to join anytime soon. Have a great day!