Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else feel something isnt right?

Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

So the game enterd its second CBT like a month ago.  Not a peep from the community.  Not a single soul asking how to get into beta.  No discussion on actual game content or mechanics.  No one here getting excited.

Whats wrong with the game?

I realize there must be some NDA, but any game with any amount of community support will still have people buzzing about with what info is avalible.

This game has none of that.  Really makes me wonder whats wrong, whats going on, and why the silence and lack of event he smallest following of this game and the fact that its approaching what i can assume is open beta within the next 6 months.

" Somethin aint right" (said in cowboy accent)

Comments

• mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122
    looks interesting, i might check it out
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Oops, nevermind there is an english version.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

There is pretty much a lack of information .. thus not much to talk about, I suppose.

Stuff like how they will integrate a feeling of a cyber punk game into an MMORPG.  The depth of the hacker class.  What the minigames are... how in-depth the zone creator is.  End-game.

There were some gameplay videos on YouTube, but it seems they were removed.  They contained a walkaround through the real world (very colorful like SWTOR's Nar Shaddaa), as well as some medieval fantasy type simulator adventures.  It looked like it played fine.

I suppose the NDA is, as you suggested, very restrictive.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Nah its not the NDA.  For that to be the issue then i would suppose every single fan of the game and most interested are int he closed beta and under NDA...but even then no colorful banter ect.

It just seems somethings not right with the game itself, like the publish isnt promoting it, theres no developer ramblings...i dunno

It just seems like they are not even trying.  It seems the game is lacking any following (im assuming this IP has a sizable following, why hasnt it been tapped into?)

Even if the game turns out decent, i just have this feeling its not going to be around long after it launches, if it even launches at all.  I just have that feeling looking around at info on this ect.

Really hope im wrong, what information i did find looked fantastic...which again...leads me to belive the 100% silent community is a hairbringer of something seriously wrong with this game.

Most games with a major IP...has a buzz going about it...has communication with its eager community waiting in aticipation.  This game has crickets going for it.  NDA cant stop a community buxxing with anticipation...there is no community buzzing about...and again even if the games well made could be a sign of some serious issue with the developers, publishers, or the game itself.

I'm not considering this to be a huge budge mainstream type game though.  Advertising is really expensive, so maybe they are holding back on that.  Wizardry Online kind of snuck itself into the western market like that .. it was only really until maybe a few months before launch that people started asking questions about it.

But I agree, some developer input would be nice.  Even their webpage is somewhat static atm.  Well hopefully this game doesn't turn out like Black Prophecy, where I was waiting forever for beta to end so I could try it, then after a little awhile the news hit that the game would be shutting down.  I was left wondering when it even released, lol.

On the missing beta videos, it's possible the user just took them down voluntarily.  There's not much reason to do so however, so I was thinking that the Otherlands team for this game had YouTube remove them forcibly.  Which would mean there is some life going on over there ...

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I thought the OP might have a valid point until I looked at the publisher's name.  These kinds of games from F2P publishers are common and rarely attempt to generate hype until the game is on "open beta".  Notice the quotes.  They call it "open beta" but they don't delete progress and they start their item mall sales.  It may as well be called release by American MMO standards, even if it has bugs.  

The pattern has been pretty much the same for Gamigo, gPotato, Perfect World, and other similar F2P publishers.  The quality is low because the development budget is low. They spend little on advertising until release so they can get the largest return possible.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    ya i am curious why we don't hear anything either , my fear is this game will never see the light of day
  • DuX_DuX_ Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    ya i am curious why we don't hear anything either , my fear is this game will never see the light of day

I agree with that. At least there are some community events but I have the feeling of delaying tactics...

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    people wising up to not discussiing games on this forum if they like them perhaps.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    people wising up to not discussiing games on this forum if they like them perhaps.

a fanboy will never pass up an oppertunity to soapbox why his chosen game is the greatest.

This is what leads me to believe something is very wrong with the game.

But heres the thing, if lots of people are playing, even with an NDA...you would then see lots of people complaining, or hinting things may or may not be going well.  See this with defiance, which is in beta, and under NDA, yet their forums are buzzing.

This is leading me to believe that a very tiny amount of players are actually playing and under NDA and that the publish sees the game as not worth advertising...or even hyping via viral means.

Not even a community manager posting regurgitated info at us here in an attempt to draw at least a shred of interest.

Also, im wondering, was Gamingo one of those f2p publishers that are kinda going under financially?  I know neowiz, gpotato, and i think a few others are on the brink or entering financial dispair.  Could gamingo be in the process of going broke?  Hence the lack of attention to what should be a very hyped game?

• ValarienceValarience Member UncommonPosts: 25

As far as I know, the only beta tests that have been conducted thus far were both one-weekend affairs, and both of those were a fair few months apart. I'd guess the next one is coming up, but as I'm not a tester, I'm not exactly sure what they're hoping to accomplish within such a small window. It's possible that they wanted very focused feedback for mechanics before they went into broader content and balance testing, but it's really anyone's guess at this point.

One thing is certain, and that is that the marketing behind this game is very weak. The forum community is fairly small and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of information for community reps to share with us. The last piece of worthwhile "news" that I can recall is a comment from a community rep who said we'd be hearing more "soon". I'm keeping my fingers crossed for at least another beta weekend event in March.

Everything is still quiet, nothing positive or negative coming out about Gamigo..

They did have that hack last year, in which confidential information was stolen.  Perhaps their heads are still reeling?  Investors may consider them as risky as well.

11 million passwords from hacked game website dumped online

Massive dump comes 4 months after game site Gamigo warned hackers stole data.

Jul 23, 2012

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/07/passwords-from-hacked-game-site-dumped-online/

As many as 11 million passwords were posted online more than four months after hackers penetrated the defenses of Gamigo, a free gaming website based in Germany, according to published reports.

The list of passwords, which were scrambled using a one-way cryptographic hash algorithm, were published earlier this month to a forum on the password-cracking website Inside Pro, according to an article published Monday by Forbes. The list also contained 8.2 million unique e-mail addresses, including 3 million accounts from the US, 2.4 million accounts from Germany, and 1.3 million accounts from France.

Gamigo warned users in early March that an "attack on the Gamigo database" had exposed hashed passwords and usernames and possibly other, unspecified "additional personal data." The site required users to change their account passwords. The 11 million-password leak four months later raises the possibility that users who chose the same passwords to secure other site accounts may remain at risk, since the dump contained e-mail addresses from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, IBM, Siemens, ExxonMobil, and Allianz, to name a few.

I could guess "additional personal data" was a cover for saying stolen names, home addresses, and payment information.

Between that catastrophe and the recent acquisition of Outspark/ Fiesta Online, they are likely very strapped, financially.