Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online MOBA closes 03/29/2013

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/27/warhammer-online-wrath-of-heroes-sunsets-next-month/

Mythic's experiment in turning Warhammer Online into a microtransaction-flush MOBA has failed. The studio announced that Wrath of Heroes will be closing on March 29th. Wrath of Heroes went into open beta in late 2011 and never officially released.

edit:

this was already announced in mmorpg news section

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/378212

related interview

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/641/feature/7182/Why-Its-Closing.html/page/1

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

the good news is that if you are a current player you will get a goodiebag code to check out WAR.

• 1 Month of free game-time
    • 1 Character Rank 30 / Renown Rank 40 character of their choice
    • 1 Armor Case, containing a full set of standard armor for the player's Tier
    • 1 Epic Mount of their choice
    • 2500 War Crests
    • 10 XP/RP Boost Potions
    • 10 HP/AP Regen Potions
    • 1 Baker's Mistake, a pie to throw at other players

So if not it will be a good chance for former WAR players to check out the lay of the land for free.

This have been a good conversation

• ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Thats you get? As the only scenarios you can run are in Tier 1 and Tier 4 because the middle teirs are so horrible, surprised they haven't just shut the entire game down already or at least make the entire game F2P.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by tawess

the good news is that if you are a current player you will get a goodiebag code to check out WAR.

• 1 Month of free game-time
    • 1 Character Rank 30 / Renown Rank 40 character of their choice
    • 1 Armor Case, containing a full set of standard armor for the player's Tier
    • 1 Epic Mount of their choice
    • 2500 War Crests
    • 10 XP/RP Boost Potions
    • 10 HP/AP Regen Potions
    • 1 Baker's Mistake, a pie to throw at other players

So if not it will be a good chance for former WAR players to check out the lay of the land for free.

That would sound a hell of a lot better if WAR was a decent game in the first place...

You make me like charity

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864
    If they didn't stay in beta for over a year people might have actually been interested. Seriously, I'm getting tired of these games being in beta for so long. Nobody wants to play a beta and eventually we're going to lose interest. Let's hope Firefall doesn't close before it gets out of beta...
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by ksternal
    Thats you get? As the only scenarios you can run are in Tier 1 and Tier 4 because the middle teirs are so horrible, surprised they haven't just shut the entire game down already or at least make the entire game F2P.

Yeah.. War is so freaking messed up. You have either stuck around from the start (very few) and have a tricked out T4 character or you play newbies and twinks in T1 forever.

They can shove that code up their rear ends. 

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

not even my play style, but I feel sad it failed this way...

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2