Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 Things you have to know in ArcheAge: A review and guide

2»

Comments

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Thank you for this, I have linked the tips/tricks to folks over to the Archeage Forum section of Tribe Gaming's website (seen in my sig below) and credited the source, it was informative and helpful. 

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by rpg_gunner

Arche Age - 10 tips Part 3

I’ve finally come to finish the remaining part for the ten tips I was trying to accomplish since a while back. It has been an experience trying to write and express myself. I have learned from those who commented and give tips on what to improve. So here is the last part. Please comment and tell me how to improve myself. Thanks!

7. Aim to exceed quest requirements for bonuses
    Quests require you to turn in some items obtained from monster drops or based on the number of monsters killed. Once you speak to an NPC, he will mark the quest as done and give you the appropriate rewards. You will then be compensated for your efforts. However, it might seem like a paltry sum compared to the amount of travelling and hunting you have done. There is a way around this though. Give around 150% of the requirements and you can enjoy higher returns on your questing. I suggest doing this since you travelled far to kill monsters anyway. Might as well get an extra feather, pelt, or two. Doing quests this way makes it faster to level up and will help in the long run. 

8. Focus on quests for livelihood
    In ArcheAge, the livelihood element is a big part in increasing your character’s strength. There is limit in training a character by means of combat since you would need to take part in siege warfare or PvP. You must produce weapons for either defending or attacking a castle which means that emphasis should be put into production and manufacturing. As such, resources are needed and these can be obtained either by foraging in the world map or by tending your own farm. Foraging is limited since you will be competing against other players for scarce resources. Having your own farm means that you have a steady supply of materials at hand. The only downside is that players can invade your garden to either vandalize or steal your hard work. Make sure you take care of your home as it is one of the vital parts of leveling and gaining resources. 

9. Visit a priest or sister after your character dies 
    After level 10, a penalty is applied every time you die. You lose some of your experience points when this happens. This is extremely annoying especially after spending time trying to level your character in the first place. To solve this, make sure you visit a temple and talk to the priest or sister there. You can recover up to 90% of the lost experience by using your labor points. This will be a definite lifesaver once you reach the higher levels and get killed aggressively by any PvP players.

10. Increase move speed when you can.
    Once you reach level 5, you gain access to abilities that can increase your speed. This ‘speed’ ability is like sprinting which drains your stamina while in use. You can use this skill repeatedly in order to travel from village to village. This is especially important for early players who do not have access to pets or mounts yet. While traveling, you may find tonics that restore stamina and help you continue on running. Make use of this skill as early as you can in order to get a lot of things done.

So far that does it for the 10 tips I have discovered in the game. I will try to make more updates when possible. Hope you enjoyed what I was able to write down. Have a great week everyone!

And then there were 10... image

Nice write-up. There are very few first-hand accounts by native english speakers around. This gives me a much better understanding of the gameplay than any of the other posts in this forum.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Again, ty very much for posting the extra items on this thread...

We soon to be players appreciate it....

thanks!

All Will Be Well.....

• rpg_gunnerrpg_gunner Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Sharess
    Thank you for this, I have linked the tips/tricks to folks over to the Archeage Forum section of Tribe Gaming's website (seen in my sig below) and credited the source, it was informative and helpful. 

Thanks for the help too. Hope it made sense for you guys. :)

Originally posted by Iselin

And then there were 10... image

Nice write-up. There are very few first-hand accounts by native english speakers around. This gives me a much better understanding of the gameplay than any of the other posts in this forum.

It did take a while for me to finish since I have been a bit busy hahaha.

I'm glad that people actually come to read this. I'll be making other reviews in the future to help people and improve my writing too. Hehe

Originally posted by SaintWalker44

Again, ty very much for posting the extra items on this thread...

We soon to be players appreciate it....

thanks!

No problem, Saint!

Sorry if you guys had to wait a bit for it. I'm glad it increased your appetite for the game. I can't wait to finally see this in English whenever it does come out.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by VitaminK
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Nice writeup/guide but I won't be personally playing this title.  I am not a fan of the graphics and animations.

Seriously? You wouldnt play a game simply because of its graphics and animation style? Theres a thing called content and mechanics.

Which did TSW a lot of good didnt it?

Anyway, I would be all over this game if it wasnt FFA PvP at least until the animations/graphics got to me.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by jtcgs
    Nice writeup/guide but I won't be personally playing this title.  I am not a fan of the graphics and animations.

Seriously? You wouldnt play a game simply because of its graphics and animation style? Theres a thing called content and mechanics.

Anyway, I would be all over this game if it wasnt FFA PvP at least until the animations/graphics got to me.

I know what you mean. Many people are complaining that having "safe zones" won't be enough especially if the entire world is a whole PvP open area.

Maybe they could experiment with an test server that focuses on PvE. There are a lot of promising aspects to the game and a lot of people might be turned off by the PvP prospect.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by jtcgs

I know what you mean. Many people are complaining that having "safe zones" won't be enough especially if the entire world is a whole PvP open area.

Maybe they could experiment with an test server that focuses on PvE. There are a lot of promising aspects to the game and a lot of people might be turned off by the PvP prospect.

You'd have to remove 2/3rds of the game for a pve server. What would pver's do? Sit around for world boss'? There arent raids per se from what I know. Would you remove 3rd continent and piracy? then remove the trial system and prison? Seriously, there are PVE only sandboxes out there for you guys. Stop trying to doom AA.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Not trying to ruin Archeage. I'm actually waiting for it to arrive.

Does this just mean that if I get killed, I will lose that piece of wood I was using to build my house? Just seems sad that a lot of time will be lost because someone stole it just like that. It does add that hint of realism though and I want to see how it will be implemented.

• MediBlastMediBlast Member UncommonPosts: 36
    hey hey hey!!! what's happening to this forum??? hahaha! is Archeage already available in the market??? actually I'll be going to South Korea Next month!!
    Originally posted by MediBlast
    hey hey hey!!! what's happening to this forum??? hahaha! is Archeage already available in the market??? actually I'll be going to South Korea Next month!!

I don't think it's out yet. Sweet you're going to Korea. Maybe you can get some news while you're there. How long you staying?

I don't think it's out yet. Sweet you're going to Korea. Maybe you can get some news while you're there. How long you staying?

HOW?? haha I can't understand their language and my friend told me most of them don't speak english... maybe I'll be staying there for a week.

HOW?? haha I can't understand their language and my friend told me most of them don't speak english... maybe I'll be staying there for a week.

There might be posters or whatnot? Hahaha. I wanna visit some country like Korea or Japan in the future.

There might be posters or whatnot? Hahaha. I wanna visit some country like Korea or Japan in the future.

I'll try... and if i found one il let you know!! this is my first travel in Asia so wish me luck :)

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

I'm gonna be in South Korea next week but sadly only for 5 hours :(

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• firestarter017firestarter017 Member Posts: 25
    Finally finished the article. Any news about this game? I want to play this game so badly. But alas, I don't have a security pin in order to play it in a Korean Client. I just want to experience this game.
  • firestarter017firestarter017 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

I'm gonna be in South Korea next week but sadly only for 5 hours :(

Why only 5 hours? Just passing through?
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

This game has nothing to do with Lineage :D

Lineage's flagging, factions and risk/reward system was the opposite of archeage.

Hard to say about the sieges yet how they will work since there is no sieges in the game.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube