Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProSiebenGames Security Breach

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen at eq2wire

http://eq2wire.com/2013/02/25/prosiebengames-security-breach/

This likely won’t affect most EQ2 players even in Europe, since last year’s repreive allowed European EQ2 players to stick with SOE, but for those who play DCUO or PlanetSide 2 in Europe, or who started playing EQ2 after the switchover, you’ll want to read this announcement from the Alaplaya forums:

Dear Community,

We have detected that there recently has been unauthorized third-party access to one of our systems. The possibility that your data (Email address and password) has been accessed by an unauthorized third party cannot be excluded. We were able to detect the problem promptly and took all necessary actions to rectify the issue.

Your account data is encrypted with us for your security. Nevertheless, we have decided to take preventative measures in order to ensure the highest degree of security.

All accounts that may have been subject to unauthorized access have received an e-mail in which we have requested the user to change their password.

If you are not able to log into your game, this means that your account has been suspended for security reasons. You can reactivate your account by following the link below and creating a new password.

http://en.alaplaya.net/session/password_reset_request

We would like to take this opportunity to point out that passwords must meet the following security criteria:

• At least eight alphanumeric characters.
  • Use of upper and lower case.
  • The new password must not match previous passwords.

If you have used the same or similar account data for other online services, we highly recommend that you change your passwords for these services in order to avoid and potential misuse by third parties.

The security of your data is of paramount importance to us and we are continually working to ensure that our systems always comply with the most up-to-date security standards.

If you encounter any issues to reset your password please do not hesitate to send us a mail via [email protected]. Please provide your login name in your mail so that we can resolve the issue for you as soon as possible.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and kindly ask for your patience and understanding.

Your ProSiebenSat.1Games Team

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Had the eMail for my DCUO account. I really could not care less (crappy game to start with), but I did change my password and added the security question. I'm glad that the EQ2 account is still under $O€ (though I don't play it anymore), since that one has an authenticator linked to it ;-)
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Had the eMail for my DCUO account. I really could not care less (crappy game to start with), but I did change my password and added the security question. I'm glad that the EQ2 account is still under $O€ (though I don't play it anymore), since that one has an authenticator linked to it ;-)

Sad thing is contradictory against everyones beleives, this is far from a crapy game. Sure its mostly instamced based, but who cares if combat is fun? And stories are great.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)