Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your biggest regret buying games

slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

mine would be not buying most of my ps3 games for pc instead.

although wouldn't buy many games because couldn't rent them before hand to see if they suck or not :-P

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I don't have time for regrets regarding minor little bits like video games.

Regrets are for the big things in life.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

MORTAL ONLINE.

PRE-ordering the game was one of the biggest mistakes of my lifetime.

Second biggest fail was DAY-Z... no need to comment why these two games.

• slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101

for a specific game i'd say Dragon Age 2 lol 

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    GW2, the most pointless MMO ever made. I bought it because i didn't realize all the mods on these forums were deleting every negative review of the game.
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

SWTOR. I didn't go all-in with the most expensive collector's edition, but I bought the digital deluxe (I think it was called), a Logitech gamepad, mouse, keyboard, a new USB headset, a ventrilo server, full website for the guild I recruited and built up, a new computer (though I probably would have done that anyway), speakers, and who knows what else.

Oh, and most of that was all bought twice, since my wife also plays games.

We were jumping in two feet with SWTOR.

But the floor fell out underneath. I regret having plunged in without taking it slowly to see how things would shape up. I'd like to say that at least I met lots of great new people who joined my guild. But most of them quit the game long before my wife and I did.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Aion
  • PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

Mourning.

Yep, definately that one.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    FFIV.  It was a bit mitigated by getting it as a birthday present.  Unfortunately it was from my wife and came out of our bank account. :)
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Have no regret buying games only disappointment in games released.
  • gamingdiva2013gamingdiva2013 Member Posts: 2
    Diablo 3 feels like a bit of a regret for PC now... kind of wished I would have just waited a year 
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I have participated in several of these pity-party threads regarding wasted monies.

Protip: A little research will prevent a lot of regret.

Are the same people that complain about the cost of F2P games the same people that throw money at B2P and P2P games without researching them?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. Wish I never bought Guild Wars 2.

2. Should have stayed a console gamer years ago. If I knew the mmo genre would end up like this I never would have came back to pc gaming. 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

AoC.

I haven't bought any game at full price since then, but somehow managed to get myself a key or some major discount.

In example, i paid only 30Eur for GW2 at release and it wasn't worth it for me. But still the only game i really regret buying was AoC.

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark

I blew $80 on an "expansion" that ruined the best MMO ever made. If I had wanted to play WoW, I would have played WoW. 

Of course, that would be 2nd if I had actually shelled out the cash for the MWO founders program; what a disaster!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

lifetime for hellgate

primarily did it because I wanted to support the gamestudio but ugh...

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    WOW. I knew I wouldn't like it but I succumbed to peer pressure and bought it anyway only to quit after 2 weeks and go back to DAOC.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

no regrets. games arent that expensive. when i go out i often spend more than 50 euros, and often i cant even remember the next day :-)

but games i bought but almost didnt play were stalker and fallout 3. definitley no bad games, but i didnt get interested and recognized that i have changed and prefer different games

edit: didnt regret the buy but was disappointed a lot, still played it for days, were hellgate london and swtor

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

The only game I ever regreted buying was Star Trek Online. I was in the Beta and knew how much it sucked but preordered it anyways in the hope that it would get better. After release I think I played for about a week before I totally gave up on that train wreck of a game. I've gone back a few times in the last year but it's only gotten worse. It's a shame that a great IP like Star Trek was wasted on such a pathetic developer like Cryptic Studios. By far the worst money I've ever spent in gaming.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    My biggest regret would probably be the massive ammounts of money I've spent that I could have saved up, not to mention saturating myself with hateful energies and just plain low vibes.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

There was a time when I was buying a whole bunch of games, mostly non-online games though (to distinguish between online single player games bleech).

As for MMO purchases in the past few years, hmm:

Warhammer Online (bug ridden mess, sloppy, unfixable garbage)

Guild Wars 2 (hyped up and failed to deliver as an actively iteractive MMO, was a passive snorefest instead).

GW2 might have been worth the money for the entertainment value, but looking back, I'd rather have just bought a single player game, because thats all GW2 is... and not even a very good single player game.   Or kept my money and bought a couple cases of good beer while playing games I already own.. /shrug

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

1. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the PS2 (No unique fatalities) 70€ wasted

2. Age of Conan (I started right at release and was able to enjoy the full range of bugs and lack of content) 60€ wasted

3. Anarchy Online: Shadow Lands (Somehow ruined the cool scifi universe) around 40€ wasted

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    Horizons. What was I thinking?

Horizons sounded great in the previews but yeah, it did not deliver

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    The amount of money the Diablo 3 collector's edition cost was not much of an issue. The immense disappointment in the simplied and water down customization and gameplay was.  
  • shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

1. Shaq fu

2 . Rise of the Robots

3. WWF wrestlemania (the one where hogan is on front ripping off shirt)

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    GW2, the most pointless MMO ever made. 

+1 on that.

But I got a refund, I can't complain.

So I'll pick SWTOR, full box price at launch. Ouch.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !