Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV Naoki Yoshida says,'We took our fan base for granted.'

http://youtu.be/ks6XrCUOIqY

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/22/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-we-took-our-fanbase-for-granted-we-lacked-the-knowledge-of-other-titles/

In an interview with Kim Richards of PCGamer at 12:00pm February 22 2013 Naoki Yoshida says, "We took our fanbase for granted,” he says. “We lacked the knowledge of the global standard for MMOs, the knowledge of other titles. We didn’t have the heart, the spirit or the passion to challenge the market.” But not anymore.

As an avid player of Dark Ages of Camelot for years I believe Yoshida will  use the same PvP style.

Yoshida has played games like GW2,WOW, Rift, he names several more. Yoshida is using these games as a model of what players want as well as everything the players tell him.

Everything is changing and from what I have seen in beta everyone will get the game they thought they would get when they first heard of FFXIV. They have added a system that we have seen in other games. Defined by Yoshia: Full Active Time Events, or FATE for short. These events will take place in non-instanced areas and appear at random. Players can participate by simply being within proximity of the event, and there's no need to form parties. Rewards are automatically distributed when it's over, making it easy to jump in and have fun.

The first FFXIV was base on battles and leveling this go around it will be more story based and quest.

The next testing schedule is detailed below I hope to see you there. You can still apply at http://t.co/Q4ifhRYA

http://t.co/Q4ifhRYA

Dates and Times:

February 25, 2013, from 1:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (PST)
February 25, 2013, from 4:00 a.m. to February 26, 2013 2:00 a.m. (EST)
February 25, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to February 26, 2013 7:00 a.m. (GMT)

-----------------------

Did you hate the way you had to move/fight/select etc in the first FFXIV if so you will love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8hqbg9_ZJLw

Gamepad Demo Video

February 22, 2013

-----------------------------

PS. If you love to create an awesome toon when playing you will be happy to know that has not been over looked.

Hair styles and colors (a whopping 192 shades are being planned!) have been added based on feedback from the alpha test players saying what they want.

Hyur Highlander female

Ready for WAR waaaaaaaaaaah
Morkwovsmez (Warhammer beta) and Miragexv in many games including FFXI.
Ming in (Betas:StarWars, GuildWars2, and most other betas)

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Awesome, so they lacked the knowledge they needed, and went out to get some.  What did they come up with?  Some sort of auto-grouping anti-social GW2 clone?

More single player throwaway themeparks calling themselves MMO's, horray!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MingxvMingxv Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Karteli

Awesome, so they lacked the knowledge they needed, and went out to get some.  What did they come up with?  Some sort of auto-grouping anti-social GW2 clone?

I thought they would be a clone=copy of other games=nothing different thus why should I want to play,etc.

But as I searched the interviews I realized they are looking and listening to make sure they add the things we enjoy in a game. At the same time they are adding the things that make them FF as well as things they love in a game.

" Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part V Q&A Updates " can be a eye opener to you.

Housing

Q1: What's the difference between Free Company housing and individual player housing?

A1: Fundamentally, there will not be many differences since individual housing will have the same features as Free Company housing when it is released; however, there will be differences in regards to whether the parks and towers are set for personal use or for Free Company members.

Gear, ball gowns and beauty shops...oh my.

Q4: Are we going to be able to change into a different set of clothing when we bathe?

A4: Yes, you will be able to change into a different set of clothing before you take a bath (i.e. bathing suits, fire resistant gear, etc.)!

Q26: You previously stated that you will be changing how the gear set works. Could you be a little more specific?

A26: We are planning to completely overhaul the gear set system. The temporary, work-in-progress, name for the new system is called the "Armoury Board." The current plan is to show a catalogue of items that player owns and players will be able to create different alias for their created gear sets.

Q36: Will it be possible in the future to change our character's appearance once they have been created?

A36: We're thinking it would be possible for hairstyles, hair color, and eye color. We've already mentioned about a beauty parlor, so it should be possible to show you all soon.

I do not know about you but I love cloths and being able to change my toon. I believe Perfect World  had more cloths changes not counting games like the Sims.

Jukebox

Q7: Will we be able to listen to background music that was used in 1.0 in A Realm Reborn?

A7: While we don't have plans to have this for launch, in the future we think it would be cool to introduce a jukebox type of feature for housing where you can listen to your favorite songs.

We saw a jukebox in SWTOR but we had to pay to play it and it was not in our house. Of course we saw the boombox and other things for our homes in the Sims.

Classes/Jobs

Q9: You mentioned previously that you're working to include summoner in time for launch. Is it going to make it?

A9: Yes, it will!

Q11: Could you tell us any information about possible new classes/jobs like thief, ninja, samurai, musketeer?

A11: We feel that their is a lack of scout and caster type of classes. Our overseas players continue to mention ninja and samurai, but we realize that we need a good variety of jobs!

Playboy Bunnie?

Q38: In terms of new races, what kind of races are you looking into and will mixed races be introduced?

A38: I don't think we'll have mixed races for a while. Since it seems like Viera is popular around the world we have been proactively looking into this, but since having a rabbit male might be kind of weird, maybe we'll look into having a separate race for the male counterpart.

Stats

Q12: You previously stated that the status bonuses will change in A Realm Reborn. Will 1.0 players be able to re-spec?

A12: Yes, 1.0 players will be able to re-spec their attributes!

I LOVED changing stats on the fly in Guild Wars. One could change stats/gear/attack tactics until everything could be done solo. Some a challenge but that was the fun. I still enjoy visiting that game just to play around with stats and a nasty mob.

Trains?!

Q14: You showed a screen shot of train tracks. Will players be able to ride on trains in A Realm Reborn?

A14: Stay tuned! By the way, train tracks will also be available in other locations, too!

A Train? I wonder if it is attacked like cowboys and Indians, hehe.

Chocobo raising!

Q22: Please tell us more about chocobo raising!

A22: We'll first be releasing housing, but you'll be able to set up a chocobo stable and purchase a baby chocobo to raise. Once you have a chocobo stable you will also be able to do things like breed chocobos and train them.

I enjoyed chocobo raising in FFXI but I did not like the way they ran away if you did not play for a while. I lost some awesome colors that way.

Treasure Maps and the drunken guild game

Q23: Please tell us more about "Treasure Maps."

A23: We will most likely end up implementing the "Treasure Map" system through an update. Basically, Disciples of the Land will have a chance to obtain a treasure map while gathering. The treasure map will provide the players with a hint of a specific location. Once the players figure out where the location is and goes to that location, a ton of monsters will spawn and the players will receive a reward after defeating the spawned monsters.

Bored? Drag out the old treasure maps, lmao. I can see guild mates making a day of this. For every hint found you must take a drink of beer,wine, what ever until your all too drunk to kill the mobs at the end and everyone is too busy laughing when the hear one mate toss his cookies to care. This drinking game was stolen while playing Eve and the mates (pirates all) had to cross country in small frigates. Each gate,kill etc was followed by a drink. I am not sure how many keyboards were unrepairable after that nite, lmao.

PVP

Q39: What type of PvP battles are you planning to introduce?

A39: We are currently planning to implement a matching system wherein players will fight against other players of the same skill level.

Smartphones?

Q42: Will it be possible to do anything with smartphones?

A42: We are currently developing software that can also be used for FFXI and Dragon Quest 10, and we plan on making it possible to use this. In addition to this we are also planning to have features where you can browse your personal character data, as well as a large official database that you can use to check various information such as items, quests, NPC locations, and which NPCs offer quests.

Bored try mini-scenarios

Q45: How often are you planning to update the game after the official release of A Realm Reborn? Also, will you be introducing mini-scenarios not tied to the main scenario during these updates?

A45: We are currently planning to introduce major updates once every 2 and a half months. As far as mini-scenario goes, yes, we will be implementing mini-scenarios as well. Gilgamesh, which we introduced earlier, will be introduced through a mini-scenario.

Also in one interview he did say he was making a complete overhaul of the servers as the old system did not respond fast enough for players.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Wait, someone from japan thinks a male rabbit would be weird?  Is this opposite day?
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Wait, someone from japan thinks a male rabbit would be weird?  Is this opposite day?

Lmao, true true. I still remember the response to 'the Ghost Buster marshmellow monster.' You know the one that looked like a tire comercial. I think it was Good Year.

Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Karteli

Well if you like sandbox this game isnt for you. If you want a solid thempark MMO with a bigtime FF feel, then you will love it.

FFXIV will fall more into the Zoo catagory like games such as Rift, Guild Wars 2 and other so called “next gen” MMOs.

As for a sandbox it will be hard to beat EVE.

Yet if anyone can do it I believe Ryan Dancey from Goblinworks with Pathfinder Online.

Dancey has the ideal resume.  He has a strong background in game design, marketing and strategy that he honed at companies like Wizards of the Coast (makers of Dungeons & Dragons), White Wolf Publishing, and the caretakers of EVE Online, CCP. As he made it his mission to increase the number of EVE Online's subscriptions, Dancey saw firsthand just how many players signed on to interact with that game's corporate machinations. Think about all the stories you've heard of what happens in EVE - from Goon Swarm shenanigans to corporate espionage and exploitative investment schemes. None of that gameplay was created by the developers at CCP - they just provided the tools for the players' own content to form.

For more about Dancey read the original article: The Theme Park MMO Is Dead, Enter the Sandbox

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Well gee thanks atleast he realizes he fcked up at first, you know, without having "the heart" and all.... Thats cool so basically theyre going to just copy everything from existing games.  Wait thats not cool.
    Originally posted by Torkaz
    Well gee thanks atleast he realizes he fcked up at first, you know, without having "the heart" and all.... Thats cool so basically theyre going to just copy everything from existing games.  Wait thats not cool.

Do you even read about the games, interviews etc.?

Your comment about FFXIV makes you look like a troller that just looks for places to say neg things.

It would really be nice if you left your neg comments for your personal neg blog site. Unless you are scared no one will read it and comment on it as we all know trollers think they are winning mind games when they get a responce.

The Plan for Final Fantasy XIV is one such interview explaining how Yoshida is trying to please all the people that bought FFXIV.

He could have just said screw it and make the next game like so many others do.

Did you buy City Of Heroes only to see it go off line because they could not make enough money beyond you buying the game? It lasted a long time so perhaps you got your moneys worth but did you buy it thinking you had a limited time to play? Google how many other games shut down thier servers. Perhaps they should sell on line games stating 'beware this may be a limited time to play game'.

That is what Yoshida is trying to prevent. They made a killing selling FFXIV yet they are using a hunk of that money to keep us happy campers.

Then people like you say things to keep people from giving the man a second chance.

You do not like the game enough to try the new version that's cool just keep your raincoat closed and stop running others away from the park.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Mingxv
    Originally posted by Torkaz

Do you even read about the games, interviews etc.?

Your comment about FFXIV makes you look like a troller that just looks for places to say neg things.

It would really be nice if you left your neg comments for your personal neg blog site. Unless you are scared no one will read it and comment on it as we all know trollers think they are winning mind games when they get a responce.

The Plan for Final Fantasy XIV is one such interview explaining how Yoshida is trying to please all the people that bought FFXIV.

He could have just said screw it and make the next game like so many others do.

Did you buy City Of Heroes only to see it go off line because they could not make enough money beyond you buying the game? It lasted a long time so perhaps you got your moneys worth but did you buy it thinking you had a limited time to play? Google how many other games shut down thier servers. Perhaps they should sell on line games stating 'beware this may be a limited time to play game'.

That is what Yoshida is trying to prevent. They made a killing selling FFXIV yet they are using a hunk of that money to keep us happy campers.

Then people like you say things to keep people from giving the man a second chance.

You do not like the game enough to try the new version that's cool just keep your raincoat closed and stop running others away from the park.

Hey guess what, I have the $80 collectors edition box right next to me.  I dont think you should say that you went into making the game without having "the heart" for it ect, that basically means it was all about making money.  Anyways,  I'll post my opinons you post your's, thanks.