Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on classes.

RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

The website shows Jobs, which looks like a rehash of some of my favorite classes from the previous mmo. Then it displays the old Armory jobs. Are these additional, or are the Jobs additional? Anyone care to explain? In a nutshell when it launchs will I be able to roll a Dragoon from day one, or will it require a quest plus job mastery like the previous?

Graci.

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Redemp

The website shows Jobs, which looks like a rehash of some of my favorite classes from the previous mmo. Then it displays the old Armory jobs. Are these additional, or are the Jobs additional? Anyone care to explain? In a nutshell when it launchs will I be able to roll a Dragoon from day one, or will it require a quest plus job mastery like the previous?

Graci.

Yes jobs require unlocking.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

You pick an armoury class at character creation and can switch freely between any of them by equipping the relevant weapon or tool. Jobs are unlocked later on through a special quest unique to each one. These quests require certain combat classes at certain levels so if you wanted to be a dragoon you'd need to level lancer to 30 and archer (I believe) to 15 before the quest becomes available.

It's also worth noting that the job and primary prerequisite class level together, so if you unlocked dragoon at lancer 30 and took dragoon to 31 your lancer would now be 31 as well.