Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I'll be....

How did this game escape my notice!

I've just been on a SWG trial and found it pretty boring, all that grinding and very clique'y (difficult to get into anyone's group), so I thought I'd check out what other MMORPG's there are....

found this website and it was talking about EVE.... never heard of it.... then I discover it is an MMORPG version of Elite!! I played the original Elite years ago;no not the more recent PC Frontier version, I mean the original 1984 BBC B version - ("know the ECM unit by its copper top!")

I'm running through the trial right now.... this has to be the biggest tutorial ever created! I have a strong suspicion that I'll end up subscribing (if I think my wife will forgive me!)

Keep an eye out for Radon9 - His Elite status might be old, but it was truely earned! :)

Comments

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by jjrimell

(if I think my wife will forgive me!)

Do it like I did... get her to play the game - though it has disadvantages too
    "no you cook ..... no you.,... no you.... no you ... I have to bring my bs to secure space ... you go........ no but I have to...... etc etc"

Welcome to Tranquility, and have fun.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    I said the same thing when I found this game.  I was like "where the heck did this come from?" So I tried it because I was looking for a different style of game, but I only "inteded" to do the trial, because I figured it'd be like most MMO's out there.  The typical fun for a while, blah blah.  And now I'm hooked to it.  I wish they would have been able to market it in the US, because I know for a fact the number of users would be soooo much higher, but then again, would I want that many people playing the game?  I enjoy how loving of the game the community is.  It's definitely a game that is going to be around long after the others get boring.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• pittbull1pittbull1 Member Posts: 108

Glad u like the game, and it just keeps getting better the more u play..
    however, i dont belive your wife will forgive u.(at least mine never have)::::27::

If pitbulls could lock their jaw the first pitbull would still be hanging on

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

I thought it was going to be like space in SWG. Luckily, I got it anyway and I'm gald to see that it's nothing like that (it's actually fun).

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Yeah. Eve is great. I've never known such a rewarding MMO game to date.

• LilPikaLilPika Member Posts: 30

Welcome to Eve Online! Get in touch with the ISS Allaince for a excellent headstart in the game.

If you need any help feel free to eve-mail Pika Eadesso :)
    That offer is extended to anyone else here :)

• churenechurene Member Posts: 87
    Yeah right! EVE is such a wonderfull game nowadays! Their latest trailer is really Amazing, this was my first time to encounter or watch a trailer taken from a REAL Game Play! FANTASTIC!!! This game is hella TIGHT!!!image