Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good enough?

feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57

Hi im just thinking is this 650€ laptop good enough to run Guild Wars2?

Or maybe i tell you only specs cos finnish language page :P

Intel Core i5 2core 2,6ghz (3,2ghz turbo)

Memory: 6gb

Intel hd graphics 4000

Hard drive: 1tb

I know that intel hd 4000 isnt particulary awesome but im looking to run maybe medium graphics well?

And if GW2 isnt running then does it even run Rift medium settings and good fps?

Laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad G580

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Not sure it'll run GW2 or most new games. Intel graphics is known for having problems with major titles because of some weird stuff on shader 3 and DirectX 9c support. Also might want to look for a laptop with some dedicated video RAM. That's always better (and faster) than shared (which most Intel graphics cards use)
  • feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57
    Thanks for quick reply =) Only problem here is money :P
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    It will probably run, as it is compatible with everything.  Running well is an entirely different question, and either the processor or the graphics could be problematic.  My guess is that you'll probably be able to make the game run pretty smoothly at moderate graphical settings.  Guild Wars 2 doesn't push a GPU very hard (which is actually a bad thing, because it does too much on the CPU instead of offloading it to the GPU).
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

A good friend of mine has a laptop like that, given to him from work to use on travel.

He is able to game on his OK, not the greatest but doable. Just dont expect high settings.