Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it 'free to play'?

bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

patched up the beta after noticing the Secret World supposedly went ftp (Free To Play) last December. But it seems to require a game key (from retail purchase of the software) applied to Funcom account in order to allow logging into the game.

Also some are still requesting 'buddy keys' to try out the game, if it is now ftp why do they need keys from others who have purchased the game in order to try it out?

July 3 will be the one year aniv.

So, it is ftp only in that no monthly subscription is required but one must still purchase the retail us$60 or is it now $30 software in order to acquire a "game key" to apply to a Funcom account in order to play a limited version of the game?

Comments

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    As advertised nearly everywhere, including the official TSW site its buy to play now.
  • cruelzcruelz Member UncommonPosts: 9
    It's basically b2p right now. I've been playing it the about 2 months, and you get pretty much full access to the world, items, and abilities. The cash shop lets you get cosmetic stuff, some player buffs (i.e. gain xp/skill points/etc. faster), and the 1 content dlc quest chain they have (which if you bought the game for $13, at the start of the year, is free).
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

The game is b2p, not f2p.  Here's all the details:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=62789

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Its a buy to Play title now and gives you access to all the issues prior to Issue 5, Issue 5 being included was a promo for december.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by bhug

patched up the beta after noticing the Secret World supposedly went ftp (Free To Play) last December. But it seems to require a game key (from retail purchase of the software) applied to Funcom account in order to allow logging into the game.

Also some are still requesting 'buddy keys' to try out the game, if it is now ftp why do they need keys from others who have purchased the game in order to try it out?

July 3 will be the one year aniv.

So, it is ftp only in that no monthly subscription is required but one must still purchase the retail us$60 or is it now $30 software in order to acquire a "game key" to apply to a Funcom account in order to play a limited version of the game?

There is no limited version of the game,  You get everything up to Update 4.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    It's plastered all over the game site that it's buy2play, what's not to understand about this? It can't get any more clear than that...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !