Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A WarZ Story

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

This is hilarious.

The executive producer of WarZ claims in a Gamespy report that the game map size would be 100 sq km in size.

A clever player did actually calculate the map size and the result was much smaller: 10km²

The executive producer answered in a thread that this claim would be stupid and to say that the game map would be only "3x3km".

In a thread some people really claimed that 10km² would be 100 sq km and at the end the exectuive producer steps in and says

that "the map size is around between 11km x 11km to 111,0 km x 11,5 km".

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?83519-Was-there-already-a-developer-response-regarding-the-10-km%B2-map

Comments

• Interestingly The War Z is the 2nd best game according to Gamespot's top 10 list on the front page: http://www.gamespot.com/
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Interestingly The War Z is the 2nd best game according to Gamespot's top 10 list on the front page: http://www.gamespot.com/

LOL now that is funny.

• GameSpot hasn't even rated the game: http://us.gamespot.com/the-war-z/

I wonder how that list is comprised. Maybe it's based on recent visits to articles related to the games. Since it's a bit of a controversy it would make sense if people read about it.

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

GameSpot hasn't even rated the game: http://us.gamespot.com/the-war-z/

I wonder how that list is comprised. Maybe it's based on recent visits to articles related to the games. Since it's a bit of a controversy it would make sense if people read about it.

I think it's based on hits too, because I'm pretty sure "Wii U (Basic Set)" isn't a game and is currently the #1 :P

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Interestingly The War Z is the 2nd best game according to Gamespot's top 10 list on the front page: http://www.gamespot.com/

Actually, the game rather belongs to a top list to warn people about it. 

Steam did remove the game.

Game was listed on steam unfinished and more in alpha state charging money for it + ingame shop, but the bugs and the unfinished game, the massive hackers was not the only issue, neither the dupe exploit which destroyed the economy on servers. The game has a ridicolous greedy cash system. 

If you die, you loose all items which you did buy from an ingame shop (an ingame shop for a survival game is strange anyway lol), either single items or packs with up to more than $100. If you want to revive your character without a waiting time, you have to pay for it otherwise you have to wait for an hour(s) and you cant proceed with the character. They got one patch in 6 months and in an interview someone mentioned they estimate that the company cashed in $ 10 million.

I didnt play this game but did hear and read about  warZ a bit since I was playing DayZ and in both games zombies and survival is involved,  but it did not sound that great and some infos were very disturbing aswell an ingame review video from TotalBiscuit.

Sergey Titov is the name of the producer of warZ, right ? 

Seems like Sergey Titov was already some kind of famous producer/programmer some years ago. 

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing was a game released in 2003 and wiki writes the following about it:

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing received unanimously negative reviews; much of the criticism for the game was directed at a lack of collision detection, frequent bugs, poor visuals, and severe lack of functionality. As a result, the game is now widely regarded as one of the worst video games of all-time.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing

rofl...........jackpot 

The War Z was released in mid October 2012, whilst still in Alpha stages of production. While the game was eagerly anticipated, this fact largely contributed to its downfall, as after release on Steam the game promptly received a 1.1(11/100) on metacritic.[103] This was due to the fact that the game advertised promising features that were yet to be fully implemented in-game and as such it was removed from Steam shortly after release and still cannot be purchased there.[104] War Z has also been at the center of controversy regarding its main producer Sergey Titov (also the producer of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing), who is accused of refusing legitimate refunds to people unhappy with having been misled into buying an unfinished game, as well as false advertising and an overall poor grasp of the English language and grammar in regards to responding to unhappy customers.[105] Other notable reviews include half a star from Gamespy who stated "All I can say is that The War Z is a bad game that deserves all the controversy it's drawn, and that you should avoid it like the undead."[106] It received a 3.7/10 on GameSpot with one user saying he gave it a rating of 1.0 for "The blatant lies, scamming, and investigations."[107] Geekenstein gave the game a 0.5 stating "If I could give The War Z a score lower than 0.5, I would, but that’s the lowest point on our scale at this point."[108] TotalBiscuit described it as an "Irredeemable farce."[109] Its trademark has been revoked for being "too similar" to World War Z [110] and it is under fire for stealing images from AMC's T.V series "The Walking Dead.

There is nothing written about the cash shop system ingame unfortunately, which is really the biggest ripp off I did read about any ingame cash shop games so far and in this case the game is not f2p/free to play. 4 hours waiting time for a respawn of your single characters except you pay money for an instant respawn, besides that you loose all the items you aquired from the ingame shop when your character dies....this is ridiculous.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I cant remember if a popular title ever got ripped this bad on Metacritic before....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-war-z

Freaking Gamespy gave it a 10 for crying loud!

EDIT* Just checked to see what game has the lowest all time user rating on that site. You guessed it, WarZ

You have to read this story, actually I had to giggle ......always in mind that these guys loose everything when they die, also the stuff they bought from ingame shops.

Here we go:

This isn't one of those "I'm quitting" threads. 

I'm already done. In the time it took me to get this far in the post...the game is now gone from my hard drive. 

Why? 
    No need to repeat everything people have already put in. Empty promises, ridiculous ALPHA stage glitches and coding issues, Hackers like it's a part of the F'ing game. 

What I CAN tell you that is different from most reasons is WHAT finally sent me over the edge: 

I'd had a Santa Bag for about 4 days IRL now. I had multiple M4s and AK74s with mags to boot. I had multiple Jerichos. I had some weapon mods. I'd scavenged about 40 bandages, 35ish painkillers and antibiotics. Granola bars and 1L waters out the YANG. Even had 3 med kits I found. 

My bag was full. I even had two extra Santa bags and extra vests and helmets I was taking back to a strong hold for the Global Inventory hoarding. 

It wasn't a hacker that sent me over. It wasn't a bandit that sent me over. I had actually killed 2 people that started firing at me FIRST after they declared "friendly" in prox chat. They, of course, asked me not to shoot and wanted to know if I could spare some items. When I said sure I got some things to spare, they start firing on me. I never put my gun down. This was why. 

But I got them. That wasn't what pushed me over. 

What did finally push me over was walking down a hill. It wasn't a fucking horribly down mountain. I was walking down a fucking hill that had a tree on it and bushes and grass. 
    While walking down this hill, AGAIN NOT A MOUNTAIN OF ALL THINGS, I took so much damage at once that it ONE SHOT ME. 

HILL DAMAGE KILLED ME. 

I'm used to taking damage while being thrifty and going down mountain sides. I'm used to having to HP up along the way to not die. BUT A GRASSY HILL? A TEXTURED HILL?

As I sat there staring at the screen count down from 58 and looked at all the loot I had scavenged carefully just chilling there...totally wasted time and effort....I had had enough

....the story is longer and you can read more about it here

http://forums.playwarz.com/showthread.php?93767-I-ve-un-installed

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

@spiz...

rofl, I had no idea the guy doing WarZ is the one behind Big Rigs.  That game is legendary for its pure crappyness.  I wasn't at all excited about WarZ, but now it might be worth checking out for it's 'train-wreck' value...

You make me like charity

good luck, but carefull since hills can "one shot" you ...lol.

By the way they allegedly changed the EULA, if you agree you wont get any refund. (actually illegal)

• AredylAredyl Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by spizz

good luck, but carefull since hills can "one shot" you ...lol.

By the way they allegedly changed the EULA, if you agree you wont get any refund. (actually illegal)

And you don't even need to agree with the EULA to actually play.

The EULA only comes up after a patch and only after installing a patch.  If you click "disagree" with the EULA, it automatically closes the game.  Once this happens, you can restart the game client and it never shows you the EULA again until the next patch.

Oh, and I don't agree with any EULA that is partially in another language.  I compared the English at the top half of the page with the Russian at the bottom and the bullet points just don't add up.  There are significantly more bullet points for the English half than the Russian, leading me to believe that they're different enough to make me suspicious.

And the best way to receive a refund:  chat.xsolla.com  -- I wanted over 3 weeks on a support ticket before finding this website.  I spent about 15 minutes talking to some representative for Xsolla and received a refund in 3 days.  About a minute to purchase the game, less than a hour to determine that the game is crap, about a day to find the "proper" channels to ask for a refund, then about 3 weeks to actually discover the real way to get a refund, and then 3 days for the credit to appear on my account.

Good luck to all that wish for a refund.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Deathenger

I cant remember if a popular title ever got ripped this bad on Metacritic before....

EDIT* Just checked to see what game has the lowest all time user rating on that site. You guessed it, WarZ

That's just mob mentality of Metacritic nowdays, rendered whole system totally useless. Warz as game isn't even that bad, it's the cash shop that truly ruins game. Lying features is bad but who truly believes developers nowdays is just naive.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by Sasami
    Originally posted by Deathenger

That's just mob mentality of Metacritic nowdays, rendered whole system totally useless. Warz as game isn't even that bad, it's the cash shop that truly ruins game. Lying features is bad but who truly believes developers nowdays is just naive.

No.  WarZ is bad.  This isn't mod mentality.  This company managed to piss off, screw over and lie to just about everyone at this point.  They have absolutely earned the crappy score.