Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Cabal 2 come to the US?

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
As the thread title says.
Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33

I'm sure it will. It's just a matter of how long. Currently Cabal II is in closed beta in Korea, and I doubt they're working on localizing it to US at the same time. Ideally we'll see a simultaneous global release, but that's a pipedream; for Cabal Online, there was a 2-year-and-4-month gap between its initial Korean release and subsequent NA version.

In the meantime, I've been playing Cabal again to "mentally prepare" for the sequel.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Originally posted by frillycheesesteak

I'm sure it will. It's just a matter of how long. Currently Cabal II is in closed beta in Korea, and I doubt they're working on localizing it to US at the same time. Ideally we'll see a simultaneous global release, but that's a pipedream; for Cabal Online, there was a 2-year-and-4-month gap between its initial Korean release and subsequent NA version.

In the meantime, I've been playing Cabal again to "mentally prepare" for the sequel.

Thank you! :)

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Is it really going to take you 2 years to prepare for the new game?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • frillycheesesteakfrillycheesesteak Member Posts: 33

No, I don't expect to be playing Cabal for 2 years. I do, however, want to reacquaint myself with the type of gameplay Cabal offers again - because it's been a long time since I've played an old-school MMO. I've been heavily into Guild Wars and GW2, and the gameplay of Cabal just feels so foreign even though I've played games like it before. I'm  trying to sort of manage my expectations here, as I don't think Cabal 2 will stray far from the original's formula. It doesn't take 2 years to do that, but I have time now. I might not have time later.

Also, even though the lore has supposedly changed between the two games, there might be some references or easter eggs that I'd like to familiarize myself with by playing the older game first.

Read my blog where I write about games and stuff.

• dirindirin Member Posts: 2
    Cabal 2 is going to have an English language release, but it is not going to reside specifically on NA servers.  Its going to be a SEA release.  AsiaSoft SEA purchased a liscence and will most likely be released in the next couple months for Open Beta.