Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game should I play?

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

These are my choices: WoW, Rift, LOTRO and SWTOR. I am kinda leaning towards WoW. I miss the seamless, fanatasy world of Azeroth and Alliance vs Horde thing. I played it for many years but take long breaks and I think its time to check it out again. What about Rift? ehhh. I'm not to familair with the game but the graphics look great and from what little I played, I never encounterd the opposing faction.

I want a game that I can immerse myself in. I love the Star Wars ip but the game feels like a single player game with way to many loading screens and few classes to choose from and all races are human with just different shades of colors. I also love the Lord of the Rings ip but the game has no faction vs faction. This is the only thing bad about the game. The huge seamless world is very beautiful, I just wish it had faction vs faction.

So, yeah, I'm thinking about resubbing to WoW again because it seems like its the only mmo out there that has immersive qualities and has wpvp if you can find it. What do you all suggest I play?

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Do yourself a favor. Go play WoW for a couple of hours so you can remove it from your list. Seriously, the gameplay is so tired.

Joined - July 2004

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    GW2 or TERA
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    GW2 or TERA

But there is no faction vs faction in those two games. I think faction vs faction kinda brings people together for a cause.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Here we go again with SWTOR feeling like a single player, I think these class stories give people that feeling.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by funcon
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    GW2 or TERA

But there is no faction vs faction in those two games. I think faction vs faction kinda brings people together for a cause.

WoW will be your best option on faction vs faction, thanks to being able to play with other servers in low pop areas.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    I would say wait for eso

• YouNubeYouNube Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by remyburke
    Do yourself a favor. Go play WoW for a couple of hours so you can remove it from your list. Seriously, the gameplay is so tired.

I second this, as i was wondering also to start WoW again. I asked a friend for his account, logged in, played like 2 hours, and uninstalled it :D  

But in my opinion, you should play some singe player games, like Hitman, Dishonored, Deadspace etc, and wait until Neverwinter is released. 

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by RelGn
    I would say wait for eso

Yeah I can do that. Maybe that would be good to not burn myself out from mmo's. I may be burnt out from mmo's so this is why I can't get into any games for a long time. I was addicted to WoW for years but I think that feeling will never come back.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

play wow :3

i play wow from time to time when i miss it just to get it out of my system heh xD

then play other games kekekeke

Cabal, Warframe and now Ace Combat Assault Horizon :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68

Like you i was thinking about WoW. Good sale on right now, 75% off. I also looking for a immersive gaem with faction. SWTOR was not really what I hopped it would be. Rift was good. Good graphics, but lackluster immersion for me, adn the population seems to be dwindling. As someone else said, wait for ESO, which is what I plan on doing.

You mentioned lotro in your list. That is what I'll be doing until ESO. There is no real faction v faction except in the moors, but the immersion is very good, very good community, and it is f2p to a degree.