Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to choose a new MMORPG

Well, I'm so tired of MMORPG with faction system and fix line of missions and quests. so.. i'm looking fo a game where u are free to do wat u want, ofc there can be missions, quests and factions, but i not like to feel bound to follow em, cuz then the game looses the Role playing essence.

So if u know a game with some of thoose characteristics just tell me:

1-Dont be boud to follow a story.

2-Have good role playing.

3- Its not minecraft

4-There is no illegal softwere(like bot)

this 4 are the most important ones

so now some characteristics that would be awsome the game have but not necessary.

1- its PvP

2-the skills rises when u uses it(for exapmle using sword rises sword fighting)

and some more that dont come at my mind right now.

i dont mind the graphics and if  have to pay for it.

ty for ur help and sry for my bad english

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Asuryann
    4-There is no illegal softwere(like bot)
    1- its PvP

This thread might be good.

/popcorn

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AsuryannAsuryann Member Posts: 4
    well, i think i should be more scepefic with fe first point. there can be a final objective or whatever, but what I say is I dont wanna be forced to follow a line of missions that says me what i have to do for each lvl and limites my freedom on the game.
  • DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92
    First thought, way too picky. Almost all MMOs have some sort of story. If you are looking for a sandbox with nothing to do but grind, it doesn't really exsist anymore. One MMO I am looking forward to is Defiance, a third person shooter. It's suppose to have zone wide PvP, a nice story, and beautiful world. They boast you can level through quests, or PvP, or just grinding. As for other MMOs that allow all this, I am not really sure. Most people, myself included, play videogames for the story. They are my books. I would suggest broadening what you are willing to play. Give most genres a try. Some may actually surprise ya.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Only game probably like your looking for especially with the skill system and being highly pvp centric. Would be dark fall. Havent played it though so I can't say it's good or bad. I know the graphics are kinda lame, and I hear the community is terrible. However it seems to fit the bill your looking for in other areas.

Ty for suggestions. Oh and with the point of pvp...i mean,  in addition of pve i'd be nice it have pvp, but not only pvp.  sry for confusions.

any other suggestion?

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Play Age of Conan on a Blood and Glory PVP ruleset server if you want hardcore corpse looting PvP, or play on a regular PvP server.

You can go everwhere, independent from race and faction and the world size is immense and of top notch quality

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Darkfall and AoC seem like a good fit.  You also might want to give Planetside 2 a go.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Eve or planetside 2

I'v seen some gameplays and darckfall dont seems a bad option but i'll serch a lil bit more. I'd prefere non ss MMORPG

Ty all.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Actually, GW2 may fit the bill as well -- it's pretty non-linear, and many play it just for the PVP.  b2p though, so you'll have to foot the initial cost.
  • SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    GW2 for now, Archeage after.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • cyb3rtr0ncyb3rtr0n Member UncommonPosts: 3

I would not recommend Planetside 2, there were tons of hackers when I played for a few weeks back in January.