Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gear in CU, and importance of and common myths (weight of weapons, viablity of armor, etc).

2»

Comments

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    PS- crossbows ended plate armor as a real use on the battlefield.

Actually, they did not... But advanced formations of crossbows and pikemen did end mounted knight charges head-on.

Please provide some feasible argument here. Why would people, especially knights have worn plate armour if it was not feasible to fight in? What century are we talking about? What design? There are so many variations and so many scenarios and weapons to draw upon.

I personally am a fan of "ages where full plate was not invented". Brytenwalda! Englaland! Saxons, Frisians, Britons, Picts.. And of course The Viking Age.

More info concerning penetration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_longbow#Range_and_penetration

PS.

Originally posted by Angier2758

Plate armor was *done* as soon as crossbows came about.  Why might you ask?  Crossbows actually punched threw plate armor.

Oh god, just reading this now got me laughing. Crossbows were around -before- plate armour, or at least, what you -consider- plate armour.

Originally posted by Stiler

Yea, I am one for more realistically designed armours.

I think this could be an aamazing part of crafting, if crafters were able to visually design both weapons and armor, from vairous "layers" where they can select different base models and pieces of an armor, then the colour of ht ebase armor, then paintings on the armour, and then etching/gilding, etc Bascially it's all layered one over th eother so you can create some truly unique armor different from others, even develop their own "style" of armor that sets them apart from other crafters visually.

I missed this post from the OP, but that's truely beautiful! Indeed, the idea of giving crafters such freedom while keeping armours realistic would be something unheard of, and yet it would be -incredibly- wonderful! I fully approve! Only game what lets you do that is some mods for NwN, but even there you are restricted to some premade pieces which don't fulfill your every need.

We?re all dead, just say it.