Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vote For Runescape 2007 Server's! Official Jagex Poll!

RobinhoodrsRobinhoodrs Member UncommonPosts: 9

Two days ago Jagex posted a poll on their site asking the playerbase to vote if they wanted to bring back Runescape in all its glory of the 2007 era. 

This means that there will be a seprate click-off game from the main game itself for players to go play. Everyone will be starting from level-3 with a whole new ecom to build and for everyone that  hates the current game (EoC) to play and relive those glory days of Runescape.

To vote on the poll you need to be a member, but anyone that buys membership and votes YES to the server's will get the first month free on the server, so you're just paying in advance for membership.

So why not go vote and help us bring back the glory days of Runescape! Links below;

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/old-school-runescape-servers-poll-now-live

We hope we can hit our goal of 250,000 votes by the 1st of March. 

Comments

• RobinhoodrsRobinhoodrs Member UncommonPosts: 9
    If anybody wants to ask any questions feel free to post and I'll help you answer them to the best of my ability. 
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I'd play original runescape again, the 2.5d version.  I was completely hooked on that.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Maybe pre g/e would bring the community back. Maybe pre SoF with trade limits would be a better idea.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I remember that being a member meant I could use my dragon axe, and I had 93 fishing.  They did this big update to the graphics and I stopped playing, it was too much change, a different game.
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Maybe pre g/e would bring the community back. Maybe pre SoF with trade limits would be a better idea.

With these server's there won't be a G.E or SoF or trade limits. Everything that was in the game pre-August 2007 will be there. Nothing will be added unless voted upon by the player base.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

vote is member only.
    sorry but I'll not pay Jagex anymore after all broken promises and constant lie.

about pre 2007: sure it was a year of great success (1 mil sub record), and they killed it like 2 months later. =D
    problem is, IMO, it was good for 2007. I have no idea if it will be same at 2013, and doubt hard about.
    RS has lot of nostalgic players, that right, but most of them left game shortly after end 2007 and never got back, some of them adopted changes and still play till now, some left not because of 2007 limit (no free trade, no PK) but because of SoF (IMO means they may be not will like to be in 2007 game, and more if these payers started at 2009 or so).

I mean Jagex want to bring back success of 2007 with 1 mil sub or more, which seems to be impossible to me.

now we have large choice of games, good f2p or partial / a la card, subs. I doubt anyone who started, for example, WoW or LoL after RS will come back for real because of old style server (give try for 1 month, may be, then back to "home" game).

let's look if RS classic is better success as whole game? keep in mind, classic server never stopped run for guys who played it from the start.

as I can't even imagine economical impact of 2007 server to the rest of the game (even if we suppose not to have GE at 2007, nothing can stop player to log into "normal" server, use GE, getting back to 2007 etc), I guess idea is not very clear.

beside I doubt anything can help this game to get rid of bots, scammers, gold sellers and other crap, making big part of RS, even on sub servers.

Game was good and fun till the end of 2007, then they took decision to make it way less attractive, so by now it's done.

P.S. any idea why my char now looks like Australopithecus? what sort of graphic design they did to have big ugly head; long fat arms; short, fat at the end, legs?
    so attractive, make me run to get sub /sarcasm

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

If you pay for membership to vote, you'll get the first month free on the server. So you're just paying in advance for that.

Since this was posted, fansite forums have seen a huge number of old players return and start posting and have started to get back into the community because of these server's. 

You'll be surprised at the how many players would be coming back just to play these server's.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If it goes anything like what happened when EQ tried it, it's going to be a lot of very disappointed fans. People go in expecting to relive a point in their life and learn the hard way you can't do that.
  • clbembryclbembry Member Posts: 94
    The difference with this though is EOC wrecked the game pretty recently. This would bring the game back to pre-EOC times so I have a feeling it will be effective.
  • Lebros89Lebros89 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Runescape Classic was the only one worth a shit.

Originally posted by Robinhoodrs
    If you pay for membership to vote, you'll get the first month free on the server. So you're just paying in advance for that. Since this was posted, fansite forums have seen a huge number of old players return and start posting and have started to get back into the community because of these server's.  You'll be surprised at the how many players would be coming back just to play these server's.

sorry, but "free" and "pay in advance" is opposite things for me.
    each time they try to get back to successful time, they have old fans dreaming to find very old fun.
    I did it once with free trade back changes, got disappointed of how game was, overlied about measures taken against bots, got very much lag, bug etc poor game experience, then was shown we can buy all if we gamble (SoF), so I took decision to never ever became member of this game again.

if back to 2007 it was nice, intelligent, mercy less and addictive game made by not game professional people, now it money sink stupid grind made by pro money makers and careless about customers and their fun.
    I love to be taken for imbecile once but it enough. =D

Hopefully this thread can be seen by some old players that don't keep up with the news of Runescape anymore and want to try it out.
    Bump.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

Heh.   I only played runescape as a kid because of ease of accessibility.

Why would I play it again, when I have the option of any MMO I want?

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

The 'gold age' was then, everyone loved RS back then until they messed with it so much.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by anemo

+1, why go to micky d's when you can have five guys.

In hindsight that came out wrong

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Lol.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by anemo

+1, why go to micky d's when you can have five guys.

In hindsight that came out wrong

What do you mean? You don't like the hindsight of five guys?

And yeh, i just saw this... i must say i couldn't care less about what "age" the game launches from, but a fresh start to RS economy sounds pretty fun :D

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Bump.
  • pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    In my opinion, runescape is a very different game from all other MMORPGs... if you can get past the graphics you will actually love everything runescape is built upon. Yes there is grind, yes there is a fixed screen, yes combat is click based but that to me is what made the game so different. Runescape is a sandbox rpg. It has a strong player driven economy, crafting that produces best items in game, and contains excellent quests with actual storylines unlike go kill 10 rats.... This is not for those who never played runescape, it's for those who like myself played it years ago and want to relieve those same memories all over again.

Originally posted by pacov
    In my opinion, runescape is a very different game from all other MMORPGs... if you can get past the graphics you will actually love everything runescape is built upon. Yes there is grind, yes there is a fixed screen, yes combat is click based but that to me is what made the game so different. Runescape is a sandbox rpg. It has a strong player driven economy, crafting that produces best items in game, and contains excellent quests with actual storylines unlike go kill 10 rats.... This is not for those who never played runescape, it's for those who like myself played it years ago and want to relieve those same memories all over again.
    1.YES if you are grind addict!
    2.Strong player driven economy is controlled by price manipulation clans / got impact from tons of bots in game.
    3.Please name at least one "best item in game" coming out crafting?
    4.Quests can be fun, although lately they became more mindless, IMO.
    5.I don't get why you need to relive same memories if you never stopped playing?

long time ago RS was unique PK game, attracted tons of overexcited young players. Ignoring grind and even fun quests (except for unlock some weapons), they spend ages in Wild, duel arena lately, trying to get free items from lost or ignorant players. Oh, yes, it was great time of endless fun for this category of players.
    Main-time great number of non-punished bots driven economy of bloodthirsty players.
    Some lost souls kept grind content as they got nothing better to play for several reasons.

I think 2007 server can bring some nostalgic fun for these PK groups, until they gonna realize how poor this content is and getting bored.
    I guess this server will be deserted in a few months after creation.

I'm pretty sure this move will not save dying game (please don't tell me how popular this game is and all such, I got enough from official posts about), but just push end for some more months.

I guess if Jagex really wanted to have all players opinion this vote will not be "members only", as such to me it's nothing else but commercial move to attract some subs even for one month.

I don't mind to have 2007 server, but I think it just pointless and will not bring back success game got till 2007 drastic changes.

Can I be wrong? Sure! and let's see what gonna happen, but NO WAY to me to pay for vote or even to get back to this game again.
    What was good at 2007 can't be good at 2013, IMO.

I appreciate large choice of great graphic, less grind, more fun FREE game we have now, so I can't see any reason why I'll choose to pay for opposite quality game?!? =D

• HardangerHardanger Member Posts: 226
    Ah, oldschool runescape.  As any other old-timers might be able to guess based on my avatar, that is my favorite online game of all.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

I've tried the oldschool servers. At first I thought I wouldn't really like them....I loved the game back in 2007 but that time has passed, graphics became very outdated, the new RS looks so much better, and to start from scratch as a level 3 didn't sound very attractive. But for my surprise it was great fun...everyone being a new character, no money nor skills in game makes it very interesting. It's such a relief there is no Grand Exchange (auction house), people talk a lot to each other,  you level your skills not for the levelling sake but because skills are so much needed now. No one can mine rune yet, no one can craft ammys or tele tabs...so its worth to rush to get up your skills.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say that it's worth a shot :) If you liked the game back in 2007 you might enjoy it now again.

OMG! you need to restart over????
    I was sure they are able to "convert" your existent char to 2007 lvl.
    play RS again from the start is worst ever idea I could have.....

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Yep, I'm back in RS as well...

A mate called me like 7 hours AFTER the old servers came up, telling me about it... Yes, I've been under a rock.

Having a great time, skilling while talking to people around you, brings back so many memories, it's amazing.

66 mining!