Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering returning after ... like 6 years ?

FuturisticFuturistic Member UncommonPosts: 41

So last time I played this game was, I think, around 2007. I was 17 years old at the time. But I remember only playing for like a week or two, and then stopping. The last time I really played for longer than a month, must have been back in 2005. Oh man I just get chills talking about it, I have so much memories of this game =D EQ2 is the only game I've sincerely liked since Lineage 2, and the only mmorpg, next to L2 ofcourse, I've played for longer than a day or two. There just are no mmorpgs out there that interest me nowadays.

Anyway, my question is this: If I'm going to return, I'll be making a completely new account (because there's no way I'll remember my account details, I MIGHT though), and considering I'll be spending the following weeks in newbie areas, do you think it'll be fun for me in terms of being able to find new friends? Are there plenty of lowbies playing this late into EQ2's lifecycle?

Any inputs will be very apprecaited =)

Current mmorpg: Everquest 2
Current RPG: The Last Remnant (PC)
Current console games: Tekken 6 (PS3)
Current PC games: Super Street Fighter IV: AE2012

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    There is a new friendly guild on Antonia Bayle server called I N S T I N C T. I would give them a try. I m not a member as I have a bunch of high levels on Butherblock server, but if I was, I would try them out for sure. From what I hear, they help lower levels with alot. Mentoring in this game is great.
  • FuturisticFuturistic Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Alright sounds great! Thanks for the input :) Oh btw, I'm from Europe, are NA and EU split in two with their own servers?

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Futuristic
    Alright sounds great! Thanks for the input :) Oh btw, I'm from Europe, are NA and EU split in two with their own servers?

Yes, and I believe it is now the case that you have to get an account from ProSiebenSat if you are in Europe as they publish the game there now.

If you have an existing SOE station account you should be able to reactiviate it and play on the NA servers though.

• FuturisticFuturistic Member UncommonPosts: 41

Well, I was able to retrieve me old account, yay!

Guess I'll see you guys in the game! =) Look out for Swede (my main from many years ago), and if I create a new char, I'll probably call him KungMartin =)

edit: Btw, I'm getting some major stutter problems. Like the game freezes for fractions of a second at a time very frequently. Almost as if it's processing something ?

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Returned to EQ2 today for a bit while I wait for some other games to release. I'm on the EU realm, pretty sure there's only one now.. right?

Anyway I started a Tank in the hope I could get some dungeons runs going from 20+ if you're interested.

My name is Dribbyl in game currently level 10 :)