Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grey Halls: did they make it into the game?

argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

I have to admit that havent played MO for a while. My last try was when a "fanboy" claimed that SV's devs doing excellent job few months after "Awakening" and most gamebreaking bugs are finally driven out of the game. Well he lied and the game was still messy as hell but thats a different story.

To the point now: to my understanding is that they implemented that donation (milk more money to my opinion) system to speed up developement of certain areas and deliver some things ingame that would take months and months to be implemented without the donations. To make it more apealing to the playerbase they added some perks like getting ingame items, some kind of recognition via forum titles and the top donor some extra things like naming and designing one mob ingame and asking some questions from Henrik. And wanna ask today almost 3 months after the donation started out and they were supposely hit 3 times their donation goal: is any of those donation goals today 3 months after ingame or is it just another one of the same meals that SV is used to serve in their playerbase. Appetiser: the bill. Main dish: another bill. Desert: bill.

And when i m asking if "Grey Halls" is in game i mean if theres a dungeon ingame with mobs and loot and all and not in any case some pixels that look like a portal of some kind that players spending hours and hours to get inside and developers being secret about it by saying keep on trying while theres no dungeon or anything. Something like the chained dragon or that bird that was supposed to be spawned after a certain sequence of events or player actions or whatever.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    There was a chained dragon in beta.   Past that I cant tell you where it is or how to get to it, because its been years since I have had the game installed let alone bothered to play.

So much crap, so little quality.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

They probably "pulled a Henrik" and just started hyping some new and revolutionary upcoming feature, in the hope that everyone would just forget about past promises. That's their usual strategy after all.

And yeah, someone will come here saying it takes time to implement stuff and that SV is a small indie company and so on, but wasn't the whole purpose of the donations that development would get a speed boost?

When was the Gray Halls donation goal met again? November or something, right?

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    And the money milking continues..
  • AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by Toferio

And the relentless hater circle-jerk continues...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Please explain

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Thats not an answer. People donated money for certain goals. Are those goals ingame 3 months after people got seperated from their money or not. Its a bit simple question and i would be happy with a yes or a no.

Originally posted by argirop

Thats not an answer. People donated money for certain goals. Are those goals ingame 3 months after people got seperated from their money or not. Its a bit simple question and i would be happy with a yes or a no.

But aksing these kind of questions makes you a hater, don't you see?

You have to look past all the fails and keep Hoping no matter what, otherwise you're just an evil troll and part of The Conspiracy against MO.

Relentless hating? The product they received money for (grey halls) is still not ingame two months later, yet they already promise two new ones. With this, they will only have time to work on donation goals and not "normal" development they are getting paid for with subs.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJ4JfAQxWY

believe this is what thier money got them or at least partially it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

Is this ingame or is footage from test server? 

ingame

ingame

Care to elaborate a bit? whats grey halls afterall? cause from the video my impression is that people donated more than 2000 euros to get one glitchy demon look like mob around a shity structure.

Not much for "halls", is it.. Then again, they didn't exactly promise a dungeon I think. Oh well, not my money.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    ingame

Care to elaborate a bit? whats grey halls afterall? cause from the video my impression is that people donated more than 2000 euros to get one glitchy demon look like mob around a shity structure.

...WOW- That is what they got for their donations?

Is that...All there is? because seriously, how much in donated money did that cost?

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

1000 $ I think...

And there was supposed to be some daemon bats and stuff, no? The ones they released a video of under production. I haven't seen anything about them anywhere. Are they there?

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Gwahlur

1000 $ I think...

And there was supposed to be some daemon bats and stuff, no? The ones they released a video of under production. I haven't seen anything about them anywhere. Are they there?

-Oh. That is much lower than I thought. Still seems like alot for a couple textures and small battle (I amm still not really sure what was going on there...) 

Is it a new "area" or was this just a one time thing?

4 new monsters with new models

some random structures

some new items to find etc

thats all i know of, since i dont play the game i cant comment exactly what they got but thats all i know so far. Might be more to it i heard you can find demon pillars and use them for something i dont know.

To my understanding each donation goal is 2000 euros. Maybe you are comfused cause 1000 euros was the amount that top donor gaved them. Anyways i would really like to know more about Grey Halls. Any one care to give some info?
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    To my understanding each donation goal is 2000 euros.

I think your understanding there is wrong, the goal this time is 6k $ at least

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

I was really excited for the breeding system and the tavern system 'coming next patch' - two expansions ago.

Probably its higher cause they gonna introduce three new glitchy mobs and three more useless structures called the "purple Halls"/

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

from the video everyone - including the horses - seem to be wearing the anti-gravity boots/shoes still - - -have they implemented regular footwear yet?

believe the horses get adressed in the next donation goal which is the one before the recent one announced, confusing i know.

Probably its higher cause they gonna introduce three new glitchy mobs and three more useless structures called the "purple Halls"/

Useless info: the "Gray Halls" is taken from a Swedish pen and paper RPG campaign from the 90s (Drakar och Demoner: Svavelvinter). It's a gateway between the worlds, sort of a multiverse crossroads that the players have to travel to get back to their home world.

I'm sure SV's version differs a lot from that epic old campaign (one of the best I've played btw) though.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Cheboygan

from the video everyone - including the horses - seem to be wearing the anti-gravity boots/shoes still - - -have they implemented regular footwear yet?

This is to protect the horses from the random landmines left laying around after the last World War. 

(exploding horse refrence for those who remember from Beta)

So much crap, so little quality.