Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay

cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

Hello!

2# 8.43

Is that right? Second place without any gameplay or I just did not find one?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    They call it "hype" for a reason....

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by meddyck
    They call it "hype" for a reason....

Ok, I got it... thank you very much!

I just do not understand how can people vote for something without any idea how is it going to be... Probably I'm just dumb :-P

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by cybersrs

Ok, I got it... thank you very much!

I just do not understand how can people vote for something without any idea how is it going to be... Probably I'm just dumb :-P

It's pretty simple really. You have a lot of people who would like to play DAOC 2 if it ever get made. Mark Jacobs used to be part of Mythic which made DAOC. Now he's making a new game Camelot Unchained that will have 3 realms based on the same mythologies as DAOC and that will only have RvR. So those players who want to play DAOC 2 are reading between the lines or perhaps fantasizing that CU is more or less DAOC 2 and that's why they're hyping it. The hype meter is a meaningless thing on the front page of MMORPG.com that is neverthless fun to look at to see what other visitors to the site are most excited about. But it would be a mistake to take it at all seriously.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

lol number 1 now.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    ikr...hype over what...text? no thanks...lotta mark jacobs fanboys apparently
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    If you are a PvPer and not hyped for this game you are doing it wrong.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

i am a pvper...and what i hear is i spawn and fight for...whatever reason...moba?

oh wait...the faction i didnt build or pve for...why do i  care

Originally posted by rogue187

oh wait...the faction i didnt build or pve for...why do i  care

Why would you care for PvE if you are a PvPer?

dl game...drop in world...start killin ppl? nope need somthin  other than kill x toon cuz his name is red...not very innovative

i'm down with ffa pvp and what not...just need a little subtance so i don't feel like i'm in a moba..feel me?

dl game...drop in world...start killin ppl? nope need somthin  other than kill x toon cuz his name is red...not very innovative

i'm down with ffa pvp and what not...just need a little subtance so i don't feel like i'm in a moba..feel me?

It probably won't be that simple. We will see though.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Most PvP has you kill mobs with red names for a reason so stupid you can probably figure out a hundred better for YOUR character.

A little imagination, perhaps?

dl game...drop in world...start killin ppl? nope need somthin  other than kill x toon cuz his name is red...not very innovativei'm down with ffa pvp and what not...just need a little subtance so i don't feel like i'm in a moba..feel me?

Not really hey? Since there is mobs in a moba...

SKYeXile

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

So i am not sure where you have seen this ? Cause if you have, then you must be close personal friends with Mark or another dev with City State. 

No where has this been described as how playing the game will take place, in fact 90% of the games information is based on players who are anticipating its release, speculation. 

Also, there are literally hundreds of games with PvE that can fulfill what you prefer in a game, why can't we, the players who approve of no PvE, have one game without it ? Why does 1 game have to conform to suit what you want ? Why not look at the information thats available and say to yourself ... Meh not for me. Instead we get snarky comments attempting to marginalize a game thats not even in development.

I dunno, i know the mentality of alot of disgruntled players, but i just do not understand the mentality of those who dislike a game feel the need to try and force it to be something else.

Lolipops !

without anything other than a  website you alll fall in love with this and hype it the top...the real question...since nothing other than dev blogs exist is... why the hype?... ESO is essentially doing the same plus...i might be wrong, didn't read too much of mj said but got the jist....do you ppl love this man and believe in him that much?

Eso will be shit, saying it now. I'll give a proper report when beta starts but given you cant go to enemy factions zones, pvp only in the 1 area...limited skill selection with try hard "modern" game mechanics, it will end up as a dumbed down pos with clunky combat. Will CU be better? That remains to be seen, but I'll literally be putting my money on it.

SKYeXile

without anything other than a  website you alll fall in love with this and hype it the top...the real question...since nothing other than dev blogs exist is... why the hype?... ESO is essentially doing the same plus...i might be wrong, didn't read too much of mj said but got the jist....do you ppl love this man and believe in him that much?

Sorry but are you not doing the exact same thing for another MMO (origins of malu) ? In fact they failed in there kickstarter.

Lolipops !

Originally posted by skyexile

Eso will be shit, saying it now. I'll give a proper report when beta starts but given you cant go to enemy factions zones, pvp only in the 1 area...limited skill selection with try hard "modern" game mechanics, it will end up as a dumbed down pos with clunky combat. Will CU be better? That remains to be seen, but I'll literally be putting my money on it.

thats pretty bold...and you may be eating your words...time will tell...my money goes to the devs with the bigger budget ;) and before you flame swtor...i think ALL gaming devs are keen on that route...also good to know you are a shoe in for beta..i'll keep an eye out for your posts

Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Originally posted by rogue187 without anything other than a  website you alll fall in love with this and hype it the top...the real question...since nothing other than dev blogs exist is... why the hype?... ESO is essentially doing the same plus...i might be wrong, didn't read too much of mj said but got the jist....do you ppl love this man and believe in him that much?
    Sorry but are you not doing the exact same thing for another MMO (origins of malu) ? In fact they failed in there kickstarter.

Lol owned, if I could like your post I would.

Did read their first paragraph about that game...story in my pvp games? Who cares?...I hear SWTOR did pretty good with that.

SKYeXile

• PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190

I don't understand the confusion. People like to vote how "hyped" they are for a game from 1 to 10. The game doesn't have to be out yet. It's just about how excited you are about the idea behind a particular game.

Does it really bother you that much? You can vote too ... give it a 1.

they stopped it because of "negotiations" they aren't allowed to disclose...did you actuaslly peruse the site?

they stopped it because of "negotiations" they aren't allowed to disclose...did you actuaslly peruse the site?

I will be honest here, i KSed Origins of Malu $20.00, these negotiations can be whatever they decide is the reasons for droppign out of it.

I do find it very ironic reading all your posts in this forum about CU, and how on the Origins of Malu you are the compelte opposite of the same situation.

Malu has good ideas going for it, i am nto one of those who will try and tear down another players game because i do not like it, i just think you should not be so hypocritical when you complain about one aspect of one game then go and talk up another that is in a very simmilar situation. 

As a side note, i hope for you that Malu releases and you get to enjoy a game you strongly support.

Lolipops !

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156

How can you seriously expect us to discuss with you constructively, if you are criticising us for believing in this game, accusing us childishly of loving Mark and at the same time admitting, that you didn´t even read that much about the game, yet?

How can you seriously dismiss our expectations, having no idea yourself, what there might be out there already? Mark isn´t just communicating with us via devblogs, so now and then the past few days, there have been further "details" about the game. Enough to make valid assumptions of the path they intend to go, with some of the mechanics.

So please - I know ESO will offer PvE and everything else. It might even become a great game. They got talented and experienced staffmember there too. But here Mark might not be going a totally new way, but unlike others before he intends to really see this way through.

That includes to inform us about key-aspects of the game, that won´t be changed at any time: The Foundational Principles. One of those does say, there will be no PvE. Its as simple as that. NO PVE! If you don´t like it? Thats perfectly fine. Really, absolutely. But then CU just won´t be your game. So why bother to argue?

I can´t stretch out how tired I´m getting the past years of players thinking every game should be for everyone including everything. If a vision - for once a vision that really is going to become the game announced at the beginning - isn´t something for yourself, well - then just move on?! Its not really that hard.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/