Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you buy GW2 now, after you have played it?

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Guys I don't want to troll or tell GW2 is bad game and not worth to be played.

Only IMHO, this game last like 3 months, then became "old" or "boring" so not exciting or fun for many of us.

TBH if I knew I would not buy it from the start but may be wait till it get's polished and cheaper to try it (like after may be 1 year).

I think I was hyped about GW and not really GW2 (if I could come back in time and play fresh, not dead, GW again, I would).

That why I wonder what do you think about?

Please try to be tolerant and not feel personally offended my my poll, I'm just curious and not getting on fragile nerves of overexcited fans.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    i probably wouldn't have bought it. I haven't logged in for at least a few months and Im not sure why, lol. But hey it was B2P who knows i may decide to jump in again someday.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Only IMHO, this game last like 3 months, then became "old" or "boring" so not exciting or fun for many of us. 

If a game is fun for three months and then gets boring, that's pretty good, don't you think?  A lot of games won't make it to three hours before they get boring.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

YES,I love the game.

Totally worth every cent!

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly Only IMHO, this game last like 3 months, then became "old" or "boring" so not exciting or fun for many of us. 

If a game is fun for three months and then gets boring, that's pretty good, don't you think?  A lot of games won't make it to three hours before they get boring.

if GW2 was a single player game then 3 month would be great, but I doubt that is what Anet was aiming for.
  • aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

No. Just no. I hoped for RvR 2.0.

Lol.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I really can't see how anyone couldn't get there moneys worth from the box price of any MMO.. for example Spec ops The line, God of War 3 and Devil May Cry are 3 games i have purchased that I beat and played through everything the game has to offer in less than a week worth of playtime.. in gw2 i have 400 hours in and haven't even seen a decent portion of the games content. This could be said for most any MMO they are really some of the best deals in gaming imho.. especially now so many are going f2p or B2P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I measure MMOs differently from single player games...To me a MMO should be epic and last years.....THe ones I have enjoyed the most also lasted me the longest....If I only get a couple months enjoyment out of a MMO then it wasnt that good of a game for me....Thats why they need to quit making MMOs for short term entertainment and focus on what used to make them last.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

if GW2 was a single player game then 3 month would be great, but I doubt that is what Anet was aiming for.

Agreed. To answer the OP, no way, it was one of the worst purchases I ve made in years.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Yea I play other games besides mmos and they cost about the same as GW2 did.  I don't think I ever get 3 solid months out of them.  But I consider those that I've bought good purchases and I do go back and replay them about once a year or so. 

As for GW2 I'm still playing it and enjoying.  One day sooner or later I'll get a little tired of it and move to something else.  But just like other games I've bought I'll come back and play GW2 again.  It's a very good game.  I'll never regret my purchase of it.

gotta remember on this site if you can't play 18 hours a day for 10 years its a complete waiste and a total and complete failure.. 3 months + on ANY game is good in my book

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

gotta remember on this site if you can't play 18 hours a day for 10 years its a complete waiste and a total and complete failure.. 3 months + on ANY game is good in my book

Yeah, it depends on the playtype. Casual or hardcore?

I was playing like 5 to 8hrs a day. And thats whay too much for GuildWars 2 in my opinion. As an hardcore gamer I actually try to look for a game which binds me more than three months. Since GuildWars 2 I know that I need much more challange in MMORPGs. Like ""wasting"" 4hrs in a dungeon or looking 2hrs for a healer and beating up everybody in PvP for 3 to 4 hrs.

Actually its not even wasting to me because I love challange ... And challange eats time. I didn't have that much challange in GuildWars 2. I had the best time if I played like 2 or 4 years with the same community in the same game.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

Like a majority of posters on this site, you have a broken mentality towards mmorpgs with unrealistic expectations.

Stop looking for a game to consume your life. Start looking for one that gives you enjoyable experiences, and ride those experiences for as long as you can.

Edit: And to clarify, I believe 3 months of solid play is an enviable success if the alternative is two years of horrible play. That may have worked for people back when crappy games were considered fun (cough... cough... EQ), but it doesn't anymore.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422
    Originally posted by aylwynn

I was playing like 5 to 8hrs a day. And thats whay too much for GuildWars 2 in my opinion. As an hardcore gamer I actually try to look for a game which binds me more than three months. Since GuildWars 2 I know that I need much more challange in MMORPGs. Like ""wasting"" 4hrs in a dungeon or looking 2hrs for a healer and beating up everybody in PvP for 3 to 4 hrs.

Actually its not even wasting to me because I love challange ... And challange eats time. I didn't have that much challange in GuildWars 2. I had the best time if I played like 2 or 4 years with the same community in the same game.

LFG != challenge

curious what themepark MMOs you found a good challenge as of late? myself i found gw2 overall not that hard but still a much more challenging experience in many areas than the majority of other MMOs i have played over the past decade or so..

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Worth every penny! image

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Sythion

LFG != challenge

It's a challenge to your social skills

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    I am borderline on whether I would buy it again or not.  I got about as much playtime out of it as an average single player, but as an mmo it was shit.  
  • If I had to describe my GW2 experience, dull, would probably be the best description I could give. I was never excited about going to a new zone, getting a new item, learning a new spell or fighting a new boss. It wasn't a dreadful experience but it wasn't exciting or interesting enough to hold my attention for long. I would not buy the game knowing what I know now.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

No.  But it's not 'such a fail'.  I indeed had fun playing through it.  Not what I want in an MMO, though.  Voted probably not.

That said, I'm glad I did actually buy it already, given that it's B2P.  Can always go back if I feel like it.. doubt it though.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Sythion

LFG != challenge

It's a challenge to your social skills

For you I'm sure it is

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by rronaldraay
    If I had to describe my GW2 experience, dull, would probably be the best description I could give. I was never excited about going to a new zone, getting a new item, learning a new spell or fighting a new boss. It wasn't a dreadful experience but it wasn't exciting or interesting enough to hold my attention for long. I would not buy the game knowing what I know now.

^ Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.  

• SafoSafo Member UncommonPosts: 48

Totally would buy it again Pre-order.  I loved the game but, fickle friends and a forced hiatus due to a new family addition has taken me away.

Coming back though, now to find a good home to make it more enjoyable!

Originally posted by MightyChasm
    Originally posted by rronaldraay
    If I had to describe my GW2 experience, dull, would probably be the best description I could give. I was never excited about going to a new zone, getting a new item, learning a new spell or fighting a new boss. It wasn't a dreadful experience but it wasn't exciting or interesting enough to hold my attention for long. I would not buy the game knowing what I know now.

^ Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.  

i dunno this is my normal gameplay experence..seems fun to me:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7BT45yV0I&playnext=1&list=PL59BF0CC824631012&feature=results_main

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

would you buy [ INSERT GAME HERE ] now, after you have played it?

I guess this can apply to any game!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Even though I stopped playing a little over 2 month's after release,it was well worth the $60 spent.Plus I'll return to the game eventually.Not many games,even in the single player category have as much value for time spent,except games like Skyrim and Oblivion.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark