Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained or...?

meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
The name kind of bugs me. Camelot was a place not a person. It doesn't really make sense to say a castle is unchained. I hope they come up with a better name before this placeholder becomes so well known they are stuck with it. Anybody have any good ideas for a replacement?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I think the name is fine and appropriate. Unrestrained. I suppose just "Camelot" would work though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92

It is not easy to find a name which is not occupied already.

- Realms at War,

- Legends at War,

- Realms of Legend

-Legendary Realms.

Anything is occupied somehow.

However, i would appreciate a name which does not focus on camelot, as it is only one of three realms participating.

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by MightyPit

However, i would appreciate a name which does not focus on camelot, as it is only one of three realms participating.

I get what you're saying, but I'm sure the "Camelot" in the name is deliberate both to link the game in potential players' minds to Dark Age of Camelot and also because "Camelot" is much more widely known than any aspects of the other realms' mythologies and histories.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
  • MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by meddyck

I get what you're saying, but I'm sure the "Camelot" in the name is deliberate both to link the game in potential players' minds to Dark Age of Camelot and also because "Camelot" is much more widely known than any aspects of the other realms' mythologies and histories.

Yes, that's true. By the way, if someone is interested in a "realistic view" on the arthurian legend i can recommend Bernard Cornwells Warlord Chronicles:

The Winter King

Enemy of God

Excalibur

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    I think of it as DAoC Lite currently going on information we know to date. Honestly, it's early to know how the game relates to the title at present.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

i would have thought the title might want to refer to the piercing of the veil or the 3 way struggle.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'd prefer Camelot Reborn
  • replicantreplicant Member Posts: 46
    On behalf of all Vikings we feel that Camelot is just fine since we will raze it no matter what.

Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"