Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This forum is dead since MMORPG introduced sub forums. Make a vote

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So, I check on these forums once in a while and since we got the sub forums + the actual release of the game > Which in my experience has led to this forum being dead. 

I check in and I see a couple of new threads and check them out. A week later I stop by and the same threads are still on top. 

This is what I feel so I'll make a vote and see if you guys agree. 

If you say yes, I would like to know why. I see no positive things in having them.  Take a look at the main page, 3 threads have the last post 6 days ago, 2 threads are closed. IMO that says enough. 

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    launch chatter has died down so yea i'd say sub-forums could go now

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I don't post as much as I used to on this forum due to the trolls and haters tend to derail every topic there is and get away with it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    I don't post as much as I used to on this forum due to the trolls and haters tend to derail every topic there is and get away with it.

Well, since you were one of the 'trolls and haters' for other games, I guess there is such a thing as karma.

Not much to really say right now since ANet has responded (at least in words) on what the issues with GW2 is and how they will fix them this year.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

Well, since you were one of the 'trolls and haters' for other games, I guess there is such a thing as karma.

Not much to really say right now since ANet has responded (at least in words) on what the issues with GW2 is and how they will fix them this year.

Atleast I spoke the truth can't say the same for GW2 trolls and haters.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Everyone always believes their OPINIONS are facts this is one way the trolls and haters live well with themselves, because after all they are just stating facts.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

"Truth" is very subjective at the end of the day, not to be confused with the term "fact", which can be quite a different thing.

Back to the OP, what else is there really to say about GW2 now that hasn't already been said. Activity will remain low as it is on all other forums until the next release/event/patch that pisses everyone off happens and activity will pick up.

Attention has now turned to the next big thing on the horizon, with titles such as TESO, DFUW, Defiance, and a host of other new titles  which all hold the promise of "fullfulling" the dream of a host of players. 

GW2 is know well known and has either satisfied you or disappointed you, but there's not much else to say.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

"Truth" is very subjective at the end of the day, not to be confused with the term "fact", which can be quite a different thing.

Not really and lets leave it that because that statment is typical forum pvp agrument.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Back to the OP, what else is there really to say about GW2 now that hasn't already been said. Activity will remain low as it is on all other forums until the next release/event/patch that pisses everyone off happens and activity will pick up.

Attention has now turned to the next big thing on the horizon, with titles such as TESO, DFUW, Defiance, and a host of other new titles  which all hold the promise of "fullfulling" the dream of a host of players. 

GW2 is know well known and has either satisfied you or disappointed you, but there's not much else to say.

There's class balance, helping newbies and so on. The problem is that all threads that discuss specific classes are moved to the class subforums, which no one views. We've got class forums (separate for each class, mind you), PvE forums,PvP forums, impressions forums... That leaves this forum with threads about GW2's financial situation and ANet's modding, neither of which is an interesting subject.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Not really and lets leave it that because that statment is typical forum pvp agrument.

Yes it is there's no, 'not really', about it.  Your views on whether a company should, 'die', because you don't like a game but that people who don't like your favorite game GW2 should leave it alone are just subjective opinions.

[mod edit]

As for the OP, changing any subforums will not increase activity here.  Games had it's long period of frenzied activity before release, people now move onto the next thing, that's the nature of things.  The only time that changes is when a company screws up badly, (SOE/SWG for example), or some change is announced and the few who are still interested and frequent this forum will discuss it.

You may really like GW2 and enjoy playing it now, but it's overhyping period is done and that means most people aren't interested in discussing what it could be, the potential, when possibilites are endless.  We've had the same thing with many games here, game gets built up from marketing, people get whipped up into frothing forum wars, game releases, period of activity...then everyone moves onto, 'the next big thing'.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Omnifish

[mod edit]

[mod edit]
    [mod edit]

but back to the topic I'd say the sub forums are not helping GW2 any now that some of the hype (and hate) has faded. better to have 1-2 active forums then 5 semi dead ones IMO.

• NightgroperNightgroper Member Posts: 76
    No it's not really trolling, but quite tiresome to read the same crap spewed from the same people, that somehow post in a majority of threads, about a game that they hate.  It's pretty much the reason I don't really come to the forums on this site anymore because most times I do, I find the most jaded and cynical creatures unwilling to allow someone else have some enjoyment. It's fairly disgusting to watch.

The more I'm around the forums on this site, the more bitter I become.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    If someone has something to say but goes, "Uhhh, sub forums? I'm not posting." Probably didn't have anything worth posting in the first place.  I don't see how sub-forums can slow down posting.  I think posting about GW2 has changed since launch.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Roxtarr
    If someone has something to say but goes, "Uhhh, sub forums? I'm not posting." Probably didn't have anything worth posting in the first place.  I don't see how sub-forums can slow down posting.  I think posting about GW2 has changed since launch.

Probably the reason why they don't want to post on the sub forums is because no one wants to go to the sub forums. Thus there is little discussion to be had there.

Sub forums should indeed go.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Implying you can only participate in a videogame discussion if you're actively playing the game. How narrow minded.

The only reason forum activity went down is that there's not much of interest left to discuss.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    GW2 is still at the top of "Most Popular Games" on this site but the hype has passed and the numbers (in terms of posts in GW2 forums) are way down. Time to do what dying games do - consolidate.  [Just joking about the dying :]
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Sad, really.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    I don't know about you but I normally post here on mmorpg only when the game don't ahve a offical forum, after launch why I will spend my time on here if I can use it to the offcial forums?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I dont really see the point of separating the forums like this, no.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I would say that merging the PvE, Crafting, and Professions forum into general discussion would be good. You could keep Reviews, PvP and the Official Guild Forums separate still.

To be honest, the chat here is pretty similar to what the WoW forum used to look like. Just a bunch of polarizing comments, with a few good threads every now and again. The trolling level on this site is pretty ridiculous on many of the game specific forums, which I would imagine makes many folks just visit alternative sites for specific games.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The forum is "dead" for a multitide of reasons, splitting categories is only one.

The game was hot when it released 6 months ago.  Since since the forum was kept alive with people who hated the dumbing down of MMORPG's, and the champions of how non-player-interactive quests are exciting.

It seems the majority of either group has moved on to greener pastures.  Fans are at an all-time low, taken from over the past 2 years, and conversely, those who gave the warning signs or otherwise gave critical reviews also have moved on.

The end result is the inevitable silence that follows.

I personally found GW2 to be an interesting "throwaway themepark" style game.  I played it, and now can't even be bothered to log on for special events.  More of the same is not my bag.  I may break my silence with this very post, but it won't happen very often (from me or speculatively, others).

It wasn't that good.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

Right. If that's dead then what is alive?

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Karteli

The forum is "dead" for a multitide of reasons, splitting categories is only one.

The game was hot when it released 6 months ago.  Since since the forum was kept alive with people who hated the dumbing down of MMORPG's, and the champions of how non-player-interactive quests are exciting.

It seems the majority of either group has moved on to greener pastures.  Fans are at an all-time low, taken from over the past 2 years, and conversely, those who gave the warning signs or otherwise gave critical reviews also have moved on.

The end result is the inevitable silence that follows.

I personally found GW2 to be an interesting "throwaway themepark" style game.  I played it, and now can't even be bothered to log on for special events.  More of the same is not my bag.  I may break my silence with this very post, but it won't happen very often (from me or speculatively, others).

It wasn't that good.

Fans might be at an all time low on this particular forum, however, the community is very active on other sites. I've noticed that on this site individual game forums are active for a period before release and then about 3-4 months after the release. Then that forum seems to normalize. When I come to the GW2 forums here, I tend to follow a link from the front page and then comment. Other than that, I stick to The Pub. It seems reasonable that others might have the same patterns.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

Right. If that's dead then what is alive?

People wondering where this game is going .. where their money went?

Web traffic tells nothing, and is inaccurate.

Overall game usage is down though, unless every realm is quiet because 90% of players are inside instances.

[alternate answer - all the social people who found the game anti-social left.  This game used to be bumping with chat, now few talk - any nobody responds]

GW2 was largely designed to be anti-social from the start.  Quality gamers complained, and fans tore critics a new one.  Now fans get their wish and talkers went away.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    The moment I saw all those subforums appear under GW2, I knew it was beyond overkill.  This site is more of a general MMO site.  One forum per game is usually sufficient.
  • FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    I'm not sure if its the subforums, or that it seems most of the "GW2 Defence Force" have finally figured out that jumping in and multi-posting on every peice of flame bait only encourages bored attention seekers to make more posts.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.