Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

telegraphing combat mechanic just destroyed my interest in Wildstar

13»

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

What exactly is this 'telegraph combat mechanic' ?

NVM: Just watched the video... wow

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

I think this is a good thing, the combat feels more alive in guild wars 2 then in WOW, sure I have to agree that the boss fights are harder and usualy more fun in games like wow but then again it only takes a couple of weeks before you download addons who tells you everything about every boss and how to kill it and thats even more boring. 

I get that if WOW would say no to all addons then people could have the right to hate the way GW2 or Wildstar has its combat structure but fact is WOWs dungeons are always gonna be easy with all the addons.

Sure people don't have to install the addons and by that way they don't have to make so easy for them selfs but thats like saying, "you don't have to play the dungeons with both arms play it with only one". Fact is addons are a huge part of the game and we don't want it any other way. 

But what is clear is that the game industri isn't just making wow clones anymore it looks like they are now making gw2 clones aswell :) 

I just wish the gaming industri would try to make something new for us insteed of all of these clones. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Zuvielify

At first I wanted to disagree with the OP because he sounds a little ridiculous with all his nerd-rage.

However, I watched the attached video and then instantly agreed. I think some telegraphing is good. If there is something that will kill you if it lands, you probably should be able to see it; at least on non-raids. However, the amount of telegraphing they are showing just makes combat look boring. The mob telegraphs enough without the stupid red box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PgFo28scfYM#!

That is pretty damn awful. I was looking forward to this game and I don't mind some telegraphing but this gaudy excessive telegraphing mechanic makes this a pass for me. Thats just awful...