Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 minute match = 2 hours of passive skillpoint gain, and other stupid things about DUST.

2»

Comments

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I think Dust is just a time exclusive, there are so many new option will open up on pc. Dust is a water down version of ps2.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Do playstation titles have aimbots?

I think it can be done, but makes the console crash regularly, also if you are caught the machine is banned from the network forever. More expensive to buy a new console than create a new account.

The much more likely scenario is that the other players were probably a bit better at the game than he was.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I've decided to buy this game after all.

It will mean spending £250 on a PS3 that I will only ever use for this one game.

It's absolutely crazy, but I hope DUST plays an important part in Eve - I want to support my corp on the ground.

Why not pick up a cheap 2nd hand one from ebay? If you get one with a broken blu-ray player they're like £20-30. Why pay full price for something you only want for a single game?

That's a good idea, but on eBay all the broken PS3s have broken consoles - it's the wrong bit that breaks!

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

It will mean spending £250 on a PS3 that I will only ever use for this one game.

It's absolutely crazy, but I hope DUST plays an important part in Eve - I want to support my corp on the ground.

Why not pick up a cheap 2nd hand one from ebay? If you get one with a broken blu-ray player they're like £20-30. Why pay full price for something you only want for a single game?

That's a good idea, but on eBay all the broken PS3s have broken consoles - it's the wrong bit that breaks!

Check what memory space dust uses, if you can get away with a 12gb one they are only 120 quid new. It's the 500gb that's more like 200 odd quid.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Do playstation titles have aimbots?

I think it can be done, but makes the console crash regularly, also if you are caught the machine is banned from the network forever. More expensive to buy a new console than create a new account.

If aimbotting is harder on PS or any other console than I 100% support consoles as the medium which Dust was introduced, people keep talking about Planetside in comparison but planetside is ruined by aimbots, so have many other PC based online FPS games. Battlefield free to play and all other variations of battle field come to mind.

Aimbotting on a PC is easy as hell, they patch it you patch the aimbot it is not a problem. Google is your friend. It is much harder to ban a PC player as we spoof location all the time.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

CCP makes FPS on ps3..... players of the mmo complain about how its too much and fps...

CCP trolls its userbase... priceless

honestly its an FPS why bitch and moan about how its an fps when its clearly labled as such.  it sounds exactly the same as BF3 and MW... you play game... you shoot things in fps view.. as you play you gain xp/points for skills

yup thats a pretty common fps "mmo" system i see nothing wrong with that. and i have no plans to play the game as its just that cookie cutter fps. change the textures to anything and you have exactly that a modern shooter fps :/ 

i dont see anything posted anywhere saying they were making an EVE fps just an fps based on the eve universe or something :/

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

The whole point of Dust is that it provides a very different game experience to EVE.

And pure time-based skilling is obviously not going to work on a F2P game. Mass day-1 character farming, anyone?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

heh there were loads when I looked a few months ago. Those crafty EVE players strike again! *shakes fist*

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• jpjesterjpjester Member Posts: 16

OP (et. al.) you can look up why it is Sony only. Micro$oft was too rigid in their demands.  CCP made a FPS for the FPS platform. They wanted to attract a different segment of the gaming world.

I have played Eve for 10 years. I don't like playing FPS games, so I don't. I loaded up Dust on the PS3. I had a blast. I sucked, but I can get better.

I wish it were on the PC platform so I could play with my 2 boys and my nephew. I am not buying 3 more PS3s to play Dust. Everyone has a PC capable of playing the game.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I was a DUST skeptic - now I've played the beta and I really enjoy it.

I think it should do well.

What I like most is that no matter how good you think you are, someone always finds a way to surprise you.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I was a DUST skeptic - now I've played the beta and I really enjoy it.

I think it should do well.

What I like most is that no matter how good you think you are, someone always finds a way to surprise you.

Which PS3 did you get in the end?

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

People are underestimating the size of the PS3 market.

The fact that Dust is f2p will mean the game is going to last whether the lot of you 'hardcore shooter elitists' think it will or not.  Ever check the f2p section of the store?  Dust is one of less than a dozen games on it, and is also featured on the store's front page which I feel it probably will for some time.  Sony wants this game to succeed as well, as they spent a lot on it being an exclusive.  CCP paired with Sony will make sure there are people playing this game.

After playing with mouse/keyboard, I can say the bulk of my original complaints with how the game feels are now gone.  It is fun, and CCP will constantly update the game just like they do with EVE meaning that over time, the game is only going to get better and better with more content.