Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understand: We are only disappointed with the developers

1235»

Comments

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Stug
    Well I hope you are getting the message that there are ways of getting your point across and a lot of you aren't doing that very well.I have got to be honest, their have been a lot of whiners on this board, but I guess that is raw people. The key is understanding how to communicate and get taken seriously.

The company is absolutely horrible about getting it's point across. Do I need to link one of the many screeds by Doc or Xoom?

No one was taken seriously until post-1.34 and CRS lost a lot of subscriptions. Just as you are doing now, the company wrote off all the people who complained as whiners.

I think it's unacceptable that CRS had a paid beta and collected money, but now they either ignore or delete any talk about Rapid Assault. I guess that makes me a "whiner".

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    I guess it does make you a whiner because you were just whining again about doc this, XOOM that.

Get a can of man up for fs and spare us!
  • RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    That is where I stopped reading.  When Stug actually starts using "Critical thinking" when talking about the game and CRS,  then his points may hold some merit.  Until then,  it is just blind fanism.
    Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
    Jo ho ho :-) keep cracking em out. Chances are you might eventually say something of value :-)

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    I guess it does make you a whiner because you were just whining again about doc this, XOOM that.

Get a can of man up for fs and spare us!

Oh the pot calling the kettle black.

So much crap, so little quality.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

I guess it does make you a whiner because you were just whining again about doc this, XOOM that. Get a can of man up for fs and spare us!

What about Rapid Assault? Once again you guys dismiss all criticism(or even basic inquiries). How do you think you all ended up in your current situation?

To get back to the OP, I am disappointed with the developers because they said that WW2online was never profitable, yet I don't see how any game can be when you have so many people on the payroll that apparently don't do anything. It's also unethical to constantly ask for money and donations yet provide so little financial disclosure; we just get vague and sometimes conflicting statements from employees about population and server activity.

If you're not a coder or artist, or do sound or something then you're a producer. Producers are supposed to keep everything together and ensure that there's some sort of direction. Well there hasn't been any with WW2online for a long time, in fact there have been several almost total contradictions with game development. So what good have their producers been?

If it was just KFS1 and some interns/volunteers running the server out of a building somewhere I'd become a builder, or stay subscribed, or help out too in some way but not with the current people.

• ginzoginzo Member Posts: 23
    Is anybody here?   
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    We are now in the secret ww2online forums!
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by rendus
    We are now in the secret ww2online forums!

Do not attempt to adjust your sets, this is not a drill.

Red rabbit red rabbit this is red beaver, over!
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Red Rabbit, reporting. What is your status, Red Beaver?

Red Rabbit, Red Rabbit, this is Red Beaver - Status is trapped in Forum, How you? Over.