Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming Back question

DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231
Just downloaded game, which server is best to start on? which one has the best population for newbies? i used to play on tallen zek long time ago but i fear the pvp server would be barren. any advice?

Comments

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Some good details on here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/9/view/news/read/26758/EverQuest-19-Expansions-Strong.html

This one was quite a worthwhile read.

Originally posted by Zorgo

I hope no one takes this for a 'oh boy I'm gonna re-install EQ so I can see all that content' type of announcement.

At some point, the folks at SOE made a decision to abandon the early game and have hardly one aspect added to the game which helps you get from point A to point Z. 

Problem is, you need groups from B to Z, and they DO NOT exist from B to Y.

Even with xp gains and mercs, it would take so long to 'catch up' that it is prohibitive. ( I'm not sure it is even possible).

So if you have a toon at 60 to 65 sitting around their servers, you may be able to shave off a few months catching up, but don't expect to be raiding for a few years, and expect a lot of lonely nights where levelling isn't even possible.

SOE has focused this game solely to those that didn't give up and kept playing. Essentially, they decided it was easier to focus on them and retain them then to re-work the whole game to entice new players.

If someone wants to rejoin the EQ life, they should wait for the release of a progression server, make sure they are there on day one, make sure they play hard core, and make sure they have fine social skills to meet and join guilds which actively group together and help each other level. 

Aside from that, enjoy your game top tier - you didn't think much of us who left anyway.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Yes, please do read the whole thing he posted.  For some reason he decided to quote the one negative in the post.  The very next reply shot that right down.  Got to love the negative Nancy's on this site.  
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by SuperNick

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/9/view/news/read/26758/EverQuest-19-Expansions-Strong.html

Originally posted by Zorgo

So the person posting misinformaton that was an extreme exaggeration was an interesting read?

• DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231
    so no server then...

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by SuperNick

So the person posting misinformaton that was an extreme exaggeration was an interesting read?

I found it quite an interesting read. It was curious to see SOE focused their efforts onto the endgame players and kinda left the new starters out of it. What of it?

Sure, there are progression servers sometimes and 1-60 is a little easier but uh good luck beyond that.

Originally posted by Letsinod
    Yes, please do read the whole thing he posted.  For some reason he decided to quote the one negative in the post.  The very next reply shot that right down.  Got to love the negative Nancy's on this site.  

I decided to post a link to some information i'd read recently and quoted a post I found interesting, namely above in SOE taking such a unique design choice.

Talk about being a hypocrite though? I tried to post some info i'd seen recently for the guy (which he may of found useful) and your only input was to come on here and bash me? Shameful.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Just choose one and go!

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• BasicgearBasicgear Member UncommonPosts: 43

I just stopped playing a month ago, just family stuff and new games.

But, I found it easy to find groups. You just need to head to hot spots, which were added to assist in group finding. I played on Terris-Thule, i forget what its called now after they merged the servers and such, but the server still has the old name in parenthesis.

Dont let one guys opinion on group finding let you down, its not hard at all.