Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Battle Chest, Cataclysm & MoP On Sale

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has announced a screamin' sale on all things World of Warcraft. For the next two weeks, players can get their hands on the Battle Chest for $5, Cataclysm for $10 and Mists of Pandaria for $20. It's a deal that seems too good to pass up.

The Thunder King’s return looms on the horizon, and to prepare for the storm, Blizzard has just slashed prices on all World of Warcraft games by 50% or more. Now is the time to recruit your friends to begin their epic quest in Azeroth. But hurry—this deal ends February 25 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Find out more on the World of Warcraft community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    why dont they just give battlechest for free
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    ... Wow numbers aren't that bad blizzard, come on, people can tell your desperate to try and pull people back in when you do deals like that. Sure your down a lot of subscribers but your no where near doing bad right now. 

Sure, you have brought the game down the drain for me and I'm sure a lot of others since WOTLK, but that doesn't mean your crashing and burning needing to throw up sales all the time. 
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

They should have gone F2P with Panderas...I just satrted in TERA iam having a blast and i actually purchased stuff from their shop so...-cudos to them for going F2P!!! Blizz can learn from its younger rivals.

that ad looks embarasing and dated!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by orbitxo

They should have gone F2P with Panderas...I just satrted in TERA iam having a blast and i actually purchased stuff from their shop so...-cudos to them for going F2P!!! Blizz can learn from its younger rivals.

• mastergravymastergravy Member UncommonPosts: 38
    No one game will ever destroy wow only blizzrd will kill its own product buy not giving more to the players. the F2P industry will consume blizzards greed as more and more AAA titles start to hit the market.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Looks like a nice opportunity for many who have never played WoW to give it a go! Good deal!
  • msaurondonmsaurondon Member Posts: 18

So.....It is $35.00 to play MOP?

Would it not just be smarter to not have to purchase the keys to Vanilla, BC, WoLK, Cata and Mop just to play?

Activision/Blizzard won't learn that lesson.  $35 to play MOP and you don't need to have previous keys.  That would be the same as the requirement they are putting out now, they can reduce cost in generating those legacy packages and just offer the one package.

I feel sorry for the poor soul that believes they will need to install all those disks.

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I bit
  • TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Lol I love how some people complain when stuff is cheaper... Do you really want to pay more?
  • Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126
    So word gets out they lost 400k subs and all of a sudden a SUPER SALE? Coincidence? I think not.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Calhoun619
    So word gets out they lost 400k subs and all of a sudden a SUPER SALE? Coincidence? I think not.

You are most likely correct Sherlock. Your deductive reasoning is astounding!!!

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Why would a company with 9.6 Million subs ever go F2P? Your comparison is really bad. One game is thriving and going on strong as ever, whereas the other is desperate and went F2P as a last ditch effort to keep a game alive.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    That is a great deal. I may do it just so the account will eligible for a Scroll of resurrection later on image
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I would still have to pay $45 (cata + mop + sup fee) to play for one month.  While I occasionally entertain the idea of returning just to check things out, I just can't justify that.  
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Homitu
    I would still have to pay $45 (cata + mop + sup fee) to play for one month.  While I occasionally entertain the idea of returning just to check things out, I just can't justify that.  

Battle chest includes a month (or it did a year ago), so wouldnt it be $35?

Cheers!

Edit: Nvm just re-read, didnt catch the returning on the first read.  I would just start over for $35.  You know you want a panda!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Zetsuei

Why would a company with 9.6 Million subs ever go F2P? Your comparison is really bad. One game is thriving and going on strong as ever, whereas the other is desperate and went F2P as a last ditch effort to keep a game alive.

Most of the EU servers are dead not sure about the U.S.. 

So where are those 9.5 million subs? 

Asia?

• BiohunterBiohunter Member UncommonPosts: 97

msaurondon

You can register all the keys on battlenet and download the full client....

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    no ty :/

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i love when BLizz do this great deals. I wish they did the same with server transfers and the WoW beer mugs.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Precusor

Asia?

Simply not true, but something like 60% of the subs are in Asia.

I believe EU and NA, are about even.  Although leaning towards more EU players.

WoW going f2p would make no financial reason.  

Originally posted by grapevine

Asia?

If EU and NA are about even in subs then i would guess 80% of WoW subs comes form Asia.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135

Asia?

If EU and NA are about even in subs then i would guess 80% of WoW subs comes form Asia.

Never said there aren't low population servers during prime time.  Even Blizzard admits there are, but they are not the norm.  It's 3am CET, and the majority of severs are still on high and medium.

60 + 20 + 20 = 100.    Something like 4,000,000 are EU/NA combined.

Asia?

Never said there aren't low population servers during prime time, but they are not the norm.  It's 3am CET, and the majority of severs are still on high and medium.

Unless Blizzard did something..  as of last month prime time there were only 5 high pop realms and the rest was either med to low.

Asia?

Never said there aren't low population servers during prime time, but they are not the norm.  It's 3am CET, and the majority of severs are still on high and medium.

Unless Blizzard did something as of last month prime time there were only 5 high pop realms and the rest was either med to low.

Now you are just making things up.

Asia?

Unless Blizzard did something as of last month prime time there were only 5 high pop realms and the rest was either med to low.

Now you are just making things up.

No I'm not .. Blizzard must have lowered the high pop count to spread players to the other servers.