Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta Say...

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

...so far so good. Takes some getting used to, but this game has done what no game prior to WoW has and that's make me feel like a noob. Not only do I feel like I know nothing about the game I'm playing, aside from the basics now that I've played a couple hours, but it's brought back that old school feeling I remember from playing DAoC and SWG before WoW came out. Just randomly smacking around mobs in a dungeon, chatting with people nearby, and grouping up. Some people are actually seeking a group, since each class is not a jack of all trades type of class, and there's safety in numbers in both PvE and protection against murderers. Although I haven't seen any murderers yet.

Some things I like:

1. Action combat: Active dodging, blocking, and attacking. No autoattacks.

2. Roll for initial stats. 

3. Having to rest at an inn to recupperate HP, Mana, Condition, and to level up.

4. Can change classes.

5. Strict class roles, which means you need other people often times.

6. Can set up camps, although so far only briefly. 

7. PvE against equal con mobs can be challenging.

8. The need to Identify items like in DnD.

9. Durability on items and the need to repair often.

10. Bounty Boards where players can put a bounty on PKers heads. Lists the name of the PKer who has the bounty, their level, class, if they're online or not, how many people have placed a bounty on that person, and the reward for collecting on that bounty. 

11. Inventory limits and weight limits. Can't move if you exceed your weight limit, which as far as I know depends on your strength.

Some things I don't like:

1. Rubberbanding.

2. Eastern art style 

3. Player stalls/shops littering the area

So overall, my first impression of this game was good. It exceeded my expectations which doesn't happen often. Another thing I'd like to add is that it feels like a Diablo type of game. Action RPG I guess you'd say, except the view is 3rd person, not top down. There's a central town you start off in and return to after a dungeon crawl, you port into the dungeons, there's multiple levels per dungeon, and so on.

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    What can i say the games that feel like older pre WoW games have a much more intresting world to play in although its rather smallish atm it still has a nice feeling to. Another thing to note is that all the dunguens feel different than eachother. Atleast all the way upto the lvl 12 dunguen all felt different in some way or another. The death penalty can get your heart racing nothing like a battle to your death when it acualy means somthing :) Love the games with a death penalty it mean living acualy means somthing :)
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    What can i say the games that feel like older pre WoW games have a much more intresting world to play in although its rather smallish atm it still has a nice feeling to. Another thing to note is that all the dunguens feel different than eachother. Atleast all the way upto the lvl 12 dunguen all felt different in some way or another. The death penalty can get your heart racing nothing like a battle to your death when it acualy means somthing :) Love the games with a death penalty it mean living acualy means somthing :)

For sure. I almost forgot to mention the puzzles, traps, and chests with traps on them. Another cool feature carried over from DnD games....or maybe the old Wizardry games, but I never played one so wouldn't know.