Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$5 Account Keys off eBay

BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Has anyone else bought a new account key off of eBay? There's thousands of them out there. It's got 30 days free included, not a bad deal. Just thought some people might like to know.

Comments

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Yeah, this is how I obtained a new account, and since you can download the Eve client freely and easily off their official website, no need for the person to send out the disk. :)

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

This is how I got my EVE account, I'd really like to know how that one person got so many keys though and for that cheap.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Dinion
    This is how I got my EVE account, I'd really like to know how that one person got so many keys though and for that cheap.

Some smaller gamestores sell old games (that never sold good) for like 1-3$ sometimes. Usually its totally crap games but sometimes you can get a mmorpg (with 30 days free included).
    Could also be a small game store owner that messed up & ordered lots of EVE-copies (I know at least one small gamestore owner that sells old games for crazy prices thruu ebay).

Right now (in the store near me) only mmorpg:s in the "bargain bin" is Neocron at 1.50$-ish, then there was ShadowLands expansion (AnarchyOnline) for 5$ also.

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Well I know in America, a "copy" of EVE doesn't exist si[mly because they never marketed it in America and there are no boxes.  Not sure if you're talking about somewhere in Europe or not, but here it would be impossible for a person to get a hold of several copies of it. 

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• KaldraniKaldrani Member Posts: 9
    Hmm...  you should not be paying anything if you can get a hold of somone in the game.   There is a "buddy program" in EVE that lets you invite anyone to the game and give him a free account number with the 14 day trial.  The guy selling on Ebay prolly sent himself 100 free buddy emails and is selling them :p
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by checkthis500
    Well I know in America, a "copy" of EVE doesn't exist si[mly because they never marketed it in America and there are no boxes. Not sure if you're talking about somewhere in Europe or not, but here it would be impossible for a person to get a hold of several copies of it.

Incorrect, I have the box to prove it. I pre-ordered the game as a matter of fact. They just stopped printing physical copies when their publisher backed out and they started publishing it themselves.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Kaldrani
    Hmm... you should not be paying anything if you can get a hold of somone in the game. There is a "buddy program" in EVE that lets you invite anyone to the game and give him a free account number with the 14 day trial. The guy selling on Ebay prolly sent himself 100 free buddy emails and is selling them :p
    Which is not the case. They are actaul paid account keys, I should know because I've been playing 3 months on one.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• NyphurNyphur Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Dinion
    Originally posted by Kaldrani
    Hmm... you should not be paying anything if you can get a hold of somone in the game. There is a "buddy program" in EVE that lets you invite anyone to the game and give him a free account number with the 14 day trial. The guy selling on Ebay prolly sent himself 100 free buddy emails and is selling them :p
    Which is not the case. They are actaul paid account keys, I should know because I've been playing 3 months on one.

You have to be really careful with these things. Some of them are people who have bought copies of Eve-online at their local game store as they tend to sell them off really cheap when they realise they aren't selling (most people buy their accounts online or activate their 14 day free trial to a paid account). Those will get you 30 days free and then you have to sign up. However, some of them are scammers who are sending out 14 day free trials, which they can generate infinite of. The difference is only 16 days, though if you choose to play after the trial period, the 30 day account can be registered to play with no problem and the 14 day free trial will have 10 days removed from your first month's subscription as an activation fee.

Therefore, if you get a 14 day free trial and at the end of it sign up, you've just paid for 6 days of play. So be careful that you're getting a 30 day key and not a 14 day one.

Insert signature that doesn't break the rules here