Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vanguard is alive and thriving

True story past week has been awesome and getting better daily. Houses are plentiful boats are packed in docks people everywhere!!!! About time hope this trend continues!!!

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

You're right, I think there were like 5000 people online yesterday. It was totally awesome!!

/sarcasm off

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Very nice.  Congrats.  Anything happening in game that would be driving the playerbase up?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231
    It was almost too crowded im loving it!! (Not mcdonalds)

Went ftp with less restrictions and a lot of indepth dev post of its future give it a try

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Best thing about Vanguard has always been it's depth
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I'm downloading it now.  I've been checking out Age of Wushu lately, but I've always wondered about this one.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    i don't suppose they took away the gear restrictions that made it almost pointless to play?
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by justtires
    True story past week has been awesome and getting better daily. Houses are plentiful boats are packed in docks people everywhere!!!! About time hope this trend continues!!!

True story I've seen the same statement about this game every 6 months since its been released. When they were shutting down servers people were posting how the population was growing etc.

If your having fun good for you, but I think the constant need to state the game is growing when over the years its been shown time and time again just to be a temporary slight increase at best before returning to low pop is getting old.

Originally posted by atticusbc
    i don't suppose they took away the gear restrictions that made it almost pointless to play?

Don't be silly ;)

Went ftp with less restrictions and a lot of indepth dev post of its future give it a try

Post a thread when they actually add a server (instead of closing them) and we'll believe you a bit more

Originally posted by winter

True story I've seen the same statement about this game every 6 months since its been released. When they were shutting down servers people were posting how the population was growing etc.

If your having fun good for you, but I think the constant need to state the game is growing when over the years its been shown time and time again just to be a temporary slight increase at best before returning to low pop is getting old.

No need to hate. This is the most people I have seen online since launch. Actually looking good this time. The problem was everyone always waiting for more people just try it for yourself it's free you have nothing to lose. By far the most in depth mmo out and one of the most beautiful. 

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

1) Its Sony. Still not as bad as EA though.

2) Paying members have advantages over free players. This is pay to win, not free to play.

3) Traitors to humanity; Sony, like many other corps, thinks that what you buy from them still belongs to them. Until they allow people to tinker with the products they purchase, they are not worthy of my wallet.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79

I really like this game so far, just started last week. I've found my drive to keep playing dying out quite a lot. Soloing as shammy has been really boring and doesn't seem to ever be anyone my lvl to play with =(

So minus lack of lowbies and the frustrating lag, it's a really enjoyable game. I really love how friendly the community has been!

Originally posted by winter

No need to hate. This is the most people I have seen online since launch. Actually looking good this time. The problem was everyone always waiting for more people just try it for yourself it's free you have nothing to lose. By far the most in depth mmo out and one of the most beautiful. 

its not hate what I said is fact. (I'm sure you could search here and find numerous threads claming vanguard pop is up every year since its been out. and all the time they have only closed more servers.) However if you can show me proof that the population is up for a sustained amount of time i'll happy say good for vanguard. You know like if the pop was up enough and for long enough that SOE decided they should add a server.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

2) Paying members have advantages over free players. This is pay to win, not free to play.

3) Traitors to humanity; Sony, like many other corps, thinks that what you buy from them still belongs to them. Until they allow people to tinker with the products they purchase, they are not worthy of my wallet.

I like to think of it as a less restrictive demo to decide weather you think the game worth paying the monthly fee for in my option its acualy a fairly decent idea however could do with a slight change over not being able to use the better end gear. but other than that i think it could be a good system. But anyway if u enjoy the game enough you should pay the monthly fee :P

Originally posted by sanshi44

I like to think of it as a less restrictive demo to decide weather you think the game worth paying the monthly fee for in my option its acualy a fairly decent idea however could do with a slight change over not being able to use the better end gear. but other than that i think it could be a good system. But anyway if u enjoy the game enough you should pay the monthly fee :P

I agree, but in that sense, they should market it as an extended free trial, not a free to play game.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Meanwhile... back in reality... Vanguard has two servers one for America and one for Europe.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

SOE used to be worse than EA, but SOE have really redeemed themselves recently by listening to customers more (for example Planetside 2's changes and change to the Vanguard f2p restrictions) and EA has sunk themselves lower by listening to customer less (WAR and swtor)

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

SOE used to be worse than EA, but SOE have really redeemed themselves recently by listening to customers more (for example Planetside 2's changes and change to the Vanguard f2p restrictions) and EA has sunk themselves lower by listening to customer less (WAR and swtor)

To me, that's not redeeming, its stopping the hemmorage.

Redeeming would mean that they become good corporate citizens. Doubt it will happen anytime soon.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Freeloaders should and I mean SHOULD never get the same advantages that paying customers do.  If you actually invest in the game without paying a subscription, you do actually come out the same in the end, but true non-paying players are as they should be, second rate and second class.

Redeeming would mean that they become good corporate citizens. Doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Treating their customer average doesn't make them "bad corporate citizen". Bad is if they use polluting agent in production of their goods/services and use cheap child labor (ie BP and Nike).

I think you are confusing customer service with corporate ethicity.

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Freeloaders should and I mean SHOULD never get the same advantages that paying customers do.  If you actually invest in the game without paying a subscription, you do actually come out the same in the end, but true non-paying players are as they should be, second rate and second class.

Agreed, however, the game states free to play. Not extended free trial or free to try. Free to play games are supposed to be completely free and when it is pay to win, it ceases to be completely free.

IE: Teenturd McShitster's SuperRPG made with RPGMaker is Free to Play because he does not charge nor give any advantage to players. Sure, those types of games are usually not MMOs. 

So:

If the game gives an advantage to players over others only if they pay, its Pay to Win.

If the game runs advertisements, its ad-supported

If the game costs something so you can play, its Buy to play

If the game is given to you, for free, with no strings attached, only then is it Free To Play.

If the game comes with the source code, its opensource.

Understand now?

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Treating their customer average doesn't make them "bad corporate citizen". Bad is if they use polluting agent in production of their goods/services and use cheap child labor (ie BP and Nike).

I think you are confusing customer service with corporate ethicity.

What?

You need to do some research on Sony.

Also, bad is not respecting human rights.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Came back shortly after it went free to play. It has it's good points, but the game is largely just as it was at launch, almost no work has been done on it. I am using a computer that is hundreds of times more powerful, yet the game still runs terribly. Why they are bothering to advertise it, while not really supporting it, is beyond me. 

What?

You need to do some research on Sony.

Also, bad is not respecting human rights.

Sony corp or Sony Online Entertainment here? They are not the same thing.

Subsidiaries are not the same thing as their parent company (because nowadays most subsidiaries are not even majority owned by the parent)

Also, human rights? What human rights lol?? Charging you money to play a game THEY made is not violating YOUR human rights. Moderating a forum, which THEY own, is not violating your human rights.

Corporation  have rights too, you know. You have freedom of speech, you have freedom of ownership, so do they. They are NOT your slave just because they sell you something.

You really need to get your priority straight if you think customer service in gaming/forum moderation is comparable to child labor and polluting the environment.