Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heres my autistically specific request.

SidraketSidraket Member Posts: 79

Im looking for a game with:

1. An artstyle/setting thats not so stupidly colorful. Id like something similar to dark/demons souls in appearance.

2. A combat system of any kind (game could even be isometric and turn based)

3. A class based system. I want everyone of a specific class to be more or less the same.

4. Character progression that focuses more on growing your characters level/stats/abilities than the gear they use.

5. Long term character development (requiring hard work and dedication to max), but no rebirth system. I always thought that was stupid.

6. I need to be able to play as a melee exclusive character, however purely physically themed abilities are not required.

7. Game needs to make you feel powerful, meaning that common enemies need to die very quickly. I want to become a walking cyclone of death that kills everything that dares stand in my proximity with out even a thought.

8. Needs lots of fast paced grinding for grind-trance and cosmic enlightenment.

Optional nice things:

a. Crafting that means something, maybe even being the best source of equipment

b. A combat system that does not use target lockon

c. Any setting is alright, i like sci-fi, but i have a taste for some fantasy right now, so that would be preffered.

d. pvp is optional, but if it is included i would preffer for it to have some sort of purpose/structure rather than just being open world ganking.

Comments

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105
    Path of Exile has everything you asked for except for crafting.
  • SidraketSidraket Member Posts: 79
    When i played PoE i got the impression that gear was quite important, i can't see them changing this. Also not particularaly fond of gender locked classess.
  • Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Sidraket
    When i played PoE i got the impression that gear was quite important, i can't see them changing this. Also not particularaly fond of gender locked classess.

It's not any more important than any other MMO. If you're not playing hardcore, then you can play the game naked (it won't be optimal, but you can do it). If you are competitive enough to play hardcore, then  you should be used to needing good gear to be the best.

Gender locked classes shouldn't really be a reason not to play one of the best games out there right now that fits everything in your list.

• SidraketSidraket Member Posts: 79
    It's not any more important than any other MMO.

And i hate how most modern mmos handle gear. Ive played mmos with stat scaling such that you can be totaly naked and at no real disadvantage, after you reach a certain point in character development.

It seemed the right way to me, that the equipment was important for the less experienced characters who depend on the gear, and the better you got, the more you could use just whatever you felt like, and when you become some sort of transcendant god you just walk around in your robes smiting things with your little finger.

Gear based mmos have never captured that same sense of complete and total overwhelming power that mmos that just focus on character stats have.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Sidraket
    It's not any more important than any other MMO.

And i hate how most modern mmos handle gear. Ive played mmos with stat scaling such that you can be totaly naked and at no real disadvantage, after you reach a certain point in character development.

I think you're correct that most recent games are primarily gear for performance.

I read your list, and can't come up with any suggestions.  Sorry.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

What does this have to do with you having an extra 21st chromosome?

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by strangepower

What does this have to do with you having an extra 21st chromosome?

The OP said "autistically specific request". People with autism don't have an extra 21st chromosome. You're thinking of Down Syndrome.