Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about traveling

I'm curious if anyone has heard or read if the devolopers are going to keep the instant travel system like in Skyrim? Traveling instantly to points of interest that you have already visited seems like a must have to cut down on monotonous time running around places you've already been before. 

Comments

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by jmjohnst
    I'm curious if anyone has heard or read if the devolopers are going to keep the instant travel system like in Skyrim? Traveling instantly to points of interest that you have already visited seems like a must have to cut down on monotonous time running around places you've already been before. 

Its a pretty standard mmo feature too so i would be shocked if it wasn't but I'm pretty sure they have said waypoints are in anyway

Edit: No idea if they'll be everywhere you have been like in skyrim, tbh not sure i'd want them to

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165

I hope not. I rarely used it in Oblivion and Skyrim. Takes away from the emersion. I would be happy with taxi mounts until level 20 when you can buy your own.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

there will be fast travel at wayshrines.  so,  not every place on the map.  also there are mounts.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Yukmarc

I hope not. I rarely used it in Oblivion and Skyrim. Takes away from the emersion. I would be happy with taxi mounts until level 20 when you can buy your own.

I prefer morrowinds system tbh where you had to go to the silt strider or teleports in order to travel distance, helped immersion imo.

I'm not against being able to quick travel to towns/villages but being able to port to absolutely every cave/shrine/castle/fort/farm/disguarded sweetroll, like in skyrim is way too much

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by Yukmarc

I prefer morrowinds system tbh where you had to go to the silt strider or teleports in order to travel distance, helped immersion imo.

I'm not against being able to quick travel to towns/villages but being able to port to absolutely every cave/shrine/castle/fort/farm/disguarded sweetroll, like in skyrim is way too much

They're using a system similar to this with Wayshrine teleportation but there not as numerous as they are in GW2 from what I've gathered.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Fast travel like in Oblivion/Skyrim would be pretty lame and immersion-breaking indeed. Mounts, carriages or magical teleportation stones (wayshrines?) are better.