Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile Constant Disconnections and failure to enter instances

2»

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Pretty much what the title says. This game crashes so much it's unreal. You constantly get disconnected and you often get the error that you can't enter an instance and you get booted to the login screen. 

Discuss :D

So, what's the purpose of this thread ... what's to discuss?  I'm curious of your thoughts of the cause of the issues.  Then we might actually be able to discuss the topic at hand. Do you think it's from too many people playing or from devs that are either incapable or not caring about quality?

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I don't buy the whole it's beta argument in this case.In my opinion if people can spend money on the game via cash shop or sub,there will be no more character wipes and it's open to anyone thne you are no longer in beta but have in fact launched.

That said I do like this game and hope they fix the connection issues soon.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Okay, the devs have said that open beta = release. So take your 'beta' excuses and shove 'em up hard. This is the release client, and should be judged as such.

Secondly, I had problems with D3 for all of 3 DAYS after release, not weeks as others have said. So you can take your lies and shove those up right next to your beta excuses.

You PoE fanboys are even worse than the GW2 ones.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Pretty much what the title says. This game crashes so much it's unreal. You constantly get disconnected and you often get the error that you can't enter an instance and you get booted to the login screen. 

Beta................................nuff said.

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Agreed it is an OPEN BETA sheeple...I was in Closed Beta and didn't have this problem but it is expected when you have a gazillion people bombarding the servers....This is giving the team over at PoE great metrics on how to optimize their servers remember this is the TESTING PHASE....End product should astound people on how smooth it will be :)
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Okay, the devs have said that open beta = release. So take your 'beta' excuses and shove 'em up hard. This is the release client, and should be judged as such.

Secondly, I had problems with D3 for all of 3 DAYS after release, not weeks as others have said. So you can take your lies and shove those up right next to your beta excuses.

I guess you didn't read the outcry in d3 for week's about the error 37 huh?Doesn't matter if you didn't experience it,that doesn't make it lies!Get off your high horse.Beta is beta,make's no difference if they're taking money.Open beta's with no wipe is commonplace.

$60 for a Blizzard game that was worse at launch,go figure,or maybe just go play that game.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

If the problem was CLIENT related you might have a point.  Instead the problem appears to be on the SERVER... and is caused by the 60,000 simultaneous people playing the game.   Kind of hard ot simulate that prior to OPEN BETA for a small, new company and their FREE TO PLAY game.

Sometimes folks just should read a thread and not respond in such an aggressive way or not at all.  This would be one of those times.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

it's almost like there is a phase of game development called beta where outside testers are invited to try the game and see what breaks and what works.

Then the company announces its official release once those issues are resolved as best they can be.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by steamtank

it's almost like there is a phase of game development called beta where outside testers are invited to try the game and see what breaks and what works.

Then the company announces its official release once those issues are resolved as best they can be.

See this right here is BS.

They had their beta, i dont care what they call the current "state" of the game.

They added new content, they beefed up their cash shop, they are letting any and all people in, and they have already wiped all charater for the final time prior to the launch.

This game is launched, beta is the excuse for...well...anything really.

They knew ahead of time that there was going to be a surge of players comming, they said they were going to expand capacity.  I get the queues ect...but lets be realistic here....if the game is in a true beta, we can expect the game to forever remain in beta...since they plan to continually add new acts ect.

So while there are some games that have legit betas, there are many more games that call it beta, which gives over zealous fans excuses for any and all complaints...and gives them a cushion for issues the game has.

And yes...its really hard to play the game now.  Part of my issue is combat is so dull, lifeless, and tedious.  The fact that you enter an area trying to progress and get logged out resetting the instance...over...and over...and over....wears on you.

I get the launch issues though...however...things dont seem to be improving. Mob De-sync is ten fold to what it was in the real beta (the one where they wiped character) which makes a game like this extremely fustrating, top it off with constant disconnects and instance resets.

Ive found the goal for me now is to race to the waypoint so i dont have to redo several maps if i get booted....

Either way, its a snowball effect for me.  Ive figured out the passive web...its 99% filler boosts and stat boosts, the 1% of the interesting game changing passive skills make no sense and seem to completely remove any and all versatility (love the passive that sets your life to 1 and makes you immune to chaos damage...really usefull for the rare occasion the only thing your fighting does only chaos...which no mobs that i can think of do...)

Ok so the awesomeness of the passive web soon becomes boring stat boosts and your major choice is do i boost life by x% or grab another dex node...or do i go into another physical bow boost or try to hit the elemental damage boost node...resulting in the same gameplay no matter what, sans an extra hit in survivability vs and extra kit in killing speed.

The skill gem system offers boring skills and makes gearing up a real pain, with lots of decent drops you want to use but cant since youll lose your skills, while you sit there and waste orbs trying to reroll slots...which isnt fun really.

And the killing blow is combat is slow, tedious, and un exciting.  This is the big one.  Another game its fun as hell clearing screens full of mobs, not sure how this game misses that 100%.

Lack or reason to multiplayer other than loot ninja or hope someone can carry your character though a tough boss.

Non existant trade or economy, no one wants to trade the good orbs for good gear, only offers to trade horrible and common orbs for good gear.  Real lack of a conversion system that could make orbs that are used ont he blue gear no one uses into rare or unique orbs.

But yeah...its not D3, its not cartoony, blizzard isnt involved, and theres no AH at all...which for many in POE are the single most important factors in an ARPG.  Personally i dig the fun combat and good itemization...both this game lacks..

Its a blast while your figuring out the skill web and making your way though it, not so much when you see the end result...or notice the lack of gameplay varience on your way through it all.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Almost like a independently funded tiny indie company openned its beta to stress test its servers; and they have had better press than anticipated.

Crazy.

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    The disconnects are annoying but that is not the developer's main problem. The main problem is that their cash shop has a horrible selection of things to buy, and by the time that they get enough servers to accommodate the load of players, most people will have already played it through and they will be done with it.  
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Open beta is what it is. It is called Open since everyone can get in. It is called beta because they are testing. They do not do a character wipe because they want as many people in the game as possible to test as much as possible, but they are still able to say, "hey it is beta" This is why they do Open beta. Now they are learning a ton about what they need to fix or protect and technically all the whining has no grounds.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Ive realised that playing the game early evening and during the day on weekends is the most fun. Any night of the week after 7 or 8 o'clock, I only get 15-20 mins tops between dc's. I think it took me 7 tries  to get through the Lunaris temple to the final boss in act 3. Just because of the DC's kicking me back to start over. - Since the game is FREE I dont care, I just dont play at those times any more.

Being a bit jaded from experience I am however not amazed by the fact that a game with HC mode - where no death is allowed, rankings and no more char wipes will go for more than a full week and still wipe the lack of server capacity under the beta rug. The game is for all intents and purposes LIVE in retail form, with a working microtransaction shop already taking purchases. Since the game was in all fairness designed for people to play competitively, it seems well, dumb, that the game suffers from DCs like this.

Beta obviously means not retail. But in my 15 yrs of beta testing, Ive learned  a certain jadedness, and realised that not all things blamed on beta status are ever resolved, or even caused by beta being beta. - And the game does not play like a beta. It might be called a massive prolonged play test for game metrics, but there isnt any feel in game that you're there to bug report - no loud UI function to send in your observations. - It plays like a preview in that aspect, and not a beta, and to be fair, that IS a great way to grab metrics, but with the micro transactions live, people are paying for their game experience already and deserve that the issue be resolved asap. 

If the game was beta bugriddled, unfinished and the devs unsure about their product, there would be full char wipes once this "beta" period was over. Anything else makes no sense, hence, this is not really a beta, and so the DCs should be resolved sooner rather than later, before the beta excuse wears thin.

PS. Im in europe playing EU times. I have wondered if the DC mania that starts at 7 in the evening over here, coincedes with a wave of americans logging on for the morning over there.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    As soon as people can spend money (and the rewards are available), they can judge.  Doesn't matter what you call the phase it's in.
  • SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    As soon as people can spend money (and the rewards are available), they can judge.  Doesn't matter what you call the phase it's in.

You know, I don't have a single argument against this.  Well done.

• R_M_BR_M_B Member UncommonPosts: 42

Originally posted by SpectralHunter

Originally posted by adam_nox As soon as people can spend money (and the rewards are available), they can judge.  Doesn't matter what you call the phase it's in.
    You know, I don't have a single argument against this.  Well done.

It is a free game - people can judge even when they do not pay.

Anyway the point is not that you can't complain. It is that you should not complain (because it DC and desync were oblivious at this stage and with that kind of funding).

And if you do complain - it says more about yourself then the game or company.

B)
  • enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37

Wrong -- no fanboys are worse than GW2 fanboys.

And, also, the devs have only said that there will be no more character wipes. There's 'beta' written all over the client and the intro screen says that 'there will be bugs'. It's amazing how much being able to read and comprehend adds to life -- you should try it sometime.