Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an MMO.. please help

XanitraXanitra Member Posts: 26

I have been an avid supporter of both eve online, and world of warcraft. But in my mind world of warcraft is getting old, and while I can't say the same thing for eve online, the game is too eliteist at the moment, with a major gap betweem the noobs and the 0.0 lag fests.

So I am looking for a new MMO... I tried Secret World which I uninstalled after a day.. I also tried Tera, but in my mind Tera is WoW with flashier graphics.  And I have Guild Wars 2 as a fallback tactic (my previous account got hacked and I got no good costumer service from arenanet.) I thought Guild Wars 2 was quite good...

But I want to try here first before makiing an investment in both time and money.

and yes, I went through the "read this first" posts.

Tyvm for your time.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Give Rift a shot, you can play free to level 20 and decide for yourself if it's what you are looking for. Some other good ones you may enjoy is Age of Conan (good PvP, fun dungeons) and maybe Vanguard SoH if you are more PvE inclined. Both of the last two I mentioned are mostly F2P.

Just some ideas before you drop money on anything!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Planetside 2 for pvp

With something else for pve, I would suggest tsw but you tried that, I would suggest maybe lotr or rift but I think you will feel the same thing as you did with tera.

Perhaps multiplayer minecraft / terraria.

Or just give up on mmo pve and play skyrim like me.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I think most mmorpg's are going to fit into the 'wow with flashier graphics' catagory.  Outside of those there are a few sandboxes that aren't really worth the money they charge.

You could try some old ones such as anarchy online or ryzom.  Of those 2 i'd suggest u try ryzom first as it's a sort of sandbox wow.

Currently I'm playing firefall for a bit of fun but am under no illusions that it's not much more than a not very good console shooter,  could be worth a try during one of the open weekends if you can't find anything else.

To be honest I'd suggest you stick with gw2 for now if you like it and see if anything up and coming catches your eye.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    You gave no info what you seek in MMOs. How we supposed to know what suits you?
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Stick with WoW for the time being and maybe move to Elder Scrolls Online or Final Fantasy XIV when they come out.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Karahandras

I think most mmorpg's are going to fit into the 'wow with flashier graphics' catagory.  Outside of those there are a few sandboxes that aren't really worth the money they charge.

You could try some old ones such as anarchy online or ryzom.  Of those 2 i'd suggest u try ryzom first as it's a sort of sandbox wow.

Currently I'm playing firefall for a bit of fun but am under no illusions that it's not much more than a not very good console shooter,  could be worth a try during one of the open weekends if you can't find anything else.

To be honest I'd suggest you stick with gw2 for now if you like it and see if anything up and coming catches your eye.

Just be aware, even though Ryzom is a massive sandbox style game which I enjoy as well, it's pretty much dead. You won't find more than 50 people online at any given time. So much potential though.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Gve Age of Wushu/Wulin a try, lots of people have been pleasantly surprised.
  • XanitraXanitra Member Posts: 26

Ah, nice. Many good replies already. Thank you very much for that. Uhm.

Guild Wars 2 is a really good game and really the most innovative game in the MMO world in a very, VERY,  long time. Think I'll just sink my teeth in the very sour apple and buy myself a new lisence for Guild Wars 2. It is f2p after purchase after all.. will have made the money after 4-5 months instead of dunking my head against the WoW wall again, or getting ganked in eve with two accounts (yeah, that is even more expensive.)

But hell, thank you very much everybody for the fast reply. Didn't expect this rapid response. Thank you again, and keep it online.

oh and a PS: I am playing Skyrim, and MineCraft on the Xbox 360 already, so hands up to the guys who mentioned those. PS PS: Dark Souls FTW.. ok, I'm done now. Promise.

• sneakyvickysneakyvicky Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Xanitra

Ah, nice. Many good replies already. Thank you very much for that. Uhm.

Guild Wars 2 is a really good game and really the most innovative game in the MMO world in a very, VERY,  long time. Think I'll just sink my teeth in the very sour apple and buy myself a new lisence for Guild Wars 2. It is f2p after purchase after all.. will have made the money after 4-5 months instead of dunking my head against the WoW wall again, or getting getting ganked in eve with two accounts (yeah, that is even more expensive.)

But hell, thank you very much everybody for the fast reply. Didn't expect this rapid response. Thank you again, and keep it online.

I bought GW2 and demanded a refund...I don't recommend..just my opinion.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    Vanguard saga of heroes.. Great game,  TONs of Content will give you a breath of fresh air from WoW.