Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign 88: Allied Pity Map

I find it comical the Allies are bragging on the official forums how uber and "well" they are doing winning the current campaign map.  The truth of the matter is,  after the Antwerp cluster.....the map rolled quickly east.  If AXIS would of capped Antwerp that particular thursday the map would be almost over for them.  It is just funny Allies are bragging that this is some kind of "accomplishment" when a very good chunk of Axis quit or stopped playing after Antwerp.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Comments

• CeTheGreatCeTheGreat Member Posts: 84
    Tilo, I can only assume this is you. Axishtr has to be huskergi.

You guys are pissing me off. This is not a pitty map and by saying that your sh*tting on your felliw allies who you called ftiends. Dont take away credit from us because you have beef with CRS. Ive had run ins with crs but tbh I deserved it, as I'm sure you did.

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by CeTheGreat
    Tilo, I can only assume this is you. Axishtr has to be huskergi. You guys are pissing me off. This is not a pitty map and by saying that your sh*tting on your felliw allies who you called ftiends. Dont take away credit from us because you have beef with CRS. Ive had run ins with crs but tbh I deserved it, as I'm sure you did.

Explain Aarchost. Explain Antwerp.

What would of yours and fellow allies reaction been if CRS reset the server when Liege had 1 CP left the other week?

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Well we know the truth to be that yes, there was the Antwerp fiasco but there are a few Axis squads that went Allied.

One squad I can talk about is DDZ.

They have some great players and they play late USA timezone.

Not having them around for the late night "blob" as we like to call it was definitely a negative.

CE, I heard AEF had a lot of old vets come out of retirement & I'm sure that helped the Allied cause also.

No biggie, there will be a new map soon.

It's only a game Tilo.

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

It's only a game.....

that costs $18 to play for real.....

or cost $30 if you want to try to help save the sinking boat.

Don't mention the time building rank.  Yes its a game, just like golf, football, and baseball.

It all takes time and money to build up your "career" and some dimpled little kid (xoom) can take it away with a swift brush of his stained hand.

So yeah, it's only a game.  Who cares if the company controls all the strings and switches and what you play, invest, and donate to and what you log into means nothing towards the outcome if it is what the company DOESN"T want.

F them.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by axishatr

It's only a game.....

that costs $18 to play for real.....

or cost $30 if you want to try to help save the sinking boat.

Don't mention the time building rank.  Yes its a game, just like golf, football, and baseball.

It all takes time and money to build up your "career" and some dimpled little kid (xoom) can take it away with a swift brush of his stained hand.

So yeah, it's only a game.  Who cares if the company controls all the strings and switches and what you play, invest, and donate to and what you log into means nothing towards the outcome if it is what the company DOESN"T want.

F them.

Jesus Christ.......

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

It's been pretty obvious for awhile now that CRS's priority is to get the campaign win/loss ratio to as close to 1:1 as possible. Second after this is to balance out each side's population (by any measures necessary).

They don't actually analyze the typical battle, the game mechanics, et cetera but rather they base all of their development decisions off of exit polls and the campaign win/loss record.

So everything is viewed through this little prism and this is what makes the company so disinterested in the negative consequences. Killing off large squads, 2-3 minutes of spawn delay, 8 minute capture timers, a 10 minute FRU rebuild timer...all these decisions which were horrible from a game design perspective were justified on the basis that they would even out population and make it easier for the perceived disadvantaged side (the allies) to win and thus even out the win/loss ratio.

Even now when someone says the US armor list might be overpowered(they have no light tanks or scout cars so they're stuffed with shermans and M10s to compensate) DOC cites the recent win/loss record and says that person is wrong; there's not a thought about the game environment or how the units perform in them. The sober fact is that id you bring up the axis players who left because of CRS' s strategic interventions they won't care, because less axis players brings CRS closer towards its goal of evening out the teams. From their perspective it's a net benefit.

Some of you anti wwiiol guys need to get a grip lol. Its a game we all love and log in daily to play. Sure it has bugs, but so does black ops 2 and other games that have millions invested. The only difference is that wwiiol is a whole other animal and its going to take work because its 1 server with hundreds on. COD has 100s.

Tilo and husky, I like you guys, I do. But your taking this to a whole new level and getting kinda weird about it lol. For all the hate towards CRS, your giving them more publicity. Good or bad, publicity is publicity.

Get a grip haters, still the best game ive played and I own every COD and war sim out. Wwiiol/crs still to this day trump them all.

@ Pete

AEF did great this map as did lancers,101st, pathfinders,allfor,4wing,617,ratpack,13th and others. Was nice to see DDZ too.

• JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36
    yea a pity map that saw us have to fight threw waves of axis defenses in most towns with kills per minute we have not seen ingame in a looooong time....pity my ass
    And some axis are still fighting.

Pete, come roll with us next map!

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156

Whats pathetic is the outright lying or denial in that this wasn't a pity map.  Aarschlot? Antwerp?  image

Its either a pitty map or nerfed gear I guess? Cause god knows we didn't earn it rigt? You can blame twerp all you want, but how many times have the allies lost a town due to a server reset? Quite a few. Pivitol ciney a few years back, or signy. Happens dude, get over it. And also, we recapped our spawn cp and could of taken it back. Learn the game

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Its either a pitty map or nerfed gear I guess? Cause god knows we didn't earn it rigt? You can blame twerp all you want, but how many times have the allies lost a town due to a server reset? Quite a few. Pivitol ciney a few years back, or signy. Happens dude, get over it. And also, we recapped our spawn cp and could of taken it back. Learn the game

Know it well.  Day 1 player here.  Back in the day server resets were far and few.  Just seem strange how they always seem to popup daily now. 

I suggest you calm down. We are here to discuss the game without negative consequences from CRS.  

My game name? Is none of your business.  I like keeping it hidden cause it's easy now to spot the fanboi's its "hey whats your game name".  I don't want to reveal it just to keep people like you off-balance and wondering (doesn't seem like much is needed to get you off-balance)  

Ciney is not Antwerp.

Signy is not Antwerp.

Allies have never won a map after losing Antwerp. Antwerp has only been recapped once (and that was an axis squad switiching to allies to show it could be done). I know, we know and you definately know that once Antwerp is capped allied have lost.

As your so willing to slander others and not answer the issue about Antwerp I'll give you the following sceneriao and I hope you answer it:

Axis have successfully capped Antwerp. The next day the allies counter AO it. Over a 5 hour long battle the allies have successfully bounced the axis brigs and out of the 25+ CP's in town have only two left to cap. Axis have logged and the Allies are currently in the process of capping the remaing two CP's, the town will be allied in minutes. HOWEVER all of a sudden without warning DOC says "server will be reset in 2 minutes". The server is reset and Antwerp is still axis.

Now tell me ce what would ALLIED side do? Would they roll over and say "nah, this isn't an issue"?

I hear ya. Id be frustrated too. But the bottom line is that there was a CHANCE we could of recapped. If you owned our spawn cp, yeah maybe not, but you didn't and I'm pretty positive CRS took that into account. And just because historicaly stats say we haven't won without twerp, whos to say we couldn't of came back? Bottom line is that the axis ( some ) always have an excuse for losing a map and they ALWAYS blame bias or nerf. Id love one axis player to simply say " we got our asses handed to us" that's all.

LOL depot, nice excuse. I have no problem posting my name because I have nothing to hide. I speak my mind. And telling me to calm down is funny, cause I'm calm as a cucumber. Tell your fellow axees who flame the game ive played for 9 years to calm down. Also, flamming crs in an mmorpg forum isn't a discussion, its trying to tarnish their name. Some actually post positive and offer suggestion,most dont

I hear ya. Id be frustrated too. But the bottom line is that there was a CHANCE we could of recapped. If you owned our spawn cp, yeah maybe not, but you didn't and I'm pretty positive CRS took that into account. And just because historicaly stats say we haven't won without twerp, whos to say we couldn't of came back? Bottom line is that the axis ( some ) always have an excuse for losing a map and they ALWAYS blame bias or nerf. Id love one axis player to simply say " we got our asses handed to us" that's all.

So your saying other people wrong to be frustrated but if it happened to you you would be?

Bad thing happened to other people = whining

Bad thing happened to ce = justified frustration

Bottom line? A phrase that can mean whatever you want it to be. The reality of the situation (rather than your could this... maybe this...):

1) Axis owned the vast majority of Antwerp

2) Allies had massed logged (axis SD was very high) so few to spawn in to spawn CP to recap Antwerp let alone defend.

3) There is a significant leeway available for server resets. On weekends (when the amount of data going through the server) they will go 18 hours+ without resetting the server. DOC chose to reset the server at that time with Antwerp in it's state with no prior warning. Even with his poorly scheduled reset times he would give 15 minutes warning, in this case the warning was near non existent.

To my understanding and I'm not a rat, but sometimes the server needs instant reboots and cant always follow a schedule. Xoom had to do an emergency boot this week just as we were setting up on sittard. It happens. Move on

Lets be real here secret wiiol member, the axis whine over more than the allies do. Its proven and if you read the official forums its in black and white. So yes, its justified from me, but when you guys do it, its like omg enough whinning already. As ive said, it gets old real fast. Ever heard the saying " cry wolf" its kinda like that.

And just some tactical advice for you, go AROUND antwerp, stop trying to take it head on. Use thay advice next map. :)

Originally posted by BodkinBarber

So your saying other people wrong to be frustrated but if it happened to you you would be?

Bottom line? A phrase that can mean whatever you want it to be. The reality of the situation (rather than your could this... maybe this...):

2) Allies had massed logged (axis SD was very high) so few to spawn in to spawn CP to recap Antwerp let alone defend.

3) There is a significant leeway available for server resets. On weekends (when the amount of data going through the server) they will go 18 hours+ without resetting the server. DOC chose to reset the server at that time with Antwerp in it's state with no prior warning. Even with his poorly scheduled reset times he would give 15 minutes warning, in this case the warning was near non existent.

we recapped lier cp before reset which meant we regained a spawnable in town...axis had schilde fb and thats it which meant they really had no way of sustaining the attack over a downed bridge....we had many inf in town recapping....we have recapped brussels and antwerp with less cps owned btw and if axis did indeed have a 220 second spawn delay they had a very low % of taking antwerp....we were ALSO attacking lier schilde fb which was almost allied all the while holding our link fb to twerp which was lier and had supply.....here are the facts for all the people who claim they had antwerp in the bag with screenie proof....if players unsub its their choice but to blame antwerp as the main sticking point for their decision then they are misinformed about the end results

To my understanding and I'm not a rat, but sometimes the server needs instant reboots and cant always follow a schedule. Xoom had to do an emergency boot this week just as we were setting up on sittard. It happens. Move on

Lets be real here secret wiiol member, the axis whine over more than the allies do. Its proven and if you read the official forums its in black and white. So yes, its justified from me, but when you guys do it, its like omg enough whinning already. As ive said, it gets old real fast. Ever heard the saying " cry wolf" its kinda like that.

And just some tactical advice for you, go AROUND antwerp, stop trying to take it head on. Use thay advice next map. :)

Antwerp was not an emergency boot it was a daily maintenance reset. Sometimes it needs a emergency boot (likely on weekends), Antwerp was not a 'sometimes'

Spawning some shermans fora potential AO on Sittard is not the same as having the vast majority of Antwerp capped. New AO's are set up all the time so a server reset at any time is going to effect an AO set up e.g. causing an FB to change sides on the reset, FRU's that are walked in being lost

Maybe because the axis are quite right to question alot of the stuff in game. Why is early war ammo (solid AP) only available to Axis while allies get APHE (sherman and wolverine) and APC (57mm atg, it uses M86 ammo which is APC) when the Germans were ahead of the allies in ammunition. Why can't the 88 kill a sherman at 1km? Why do the French (making up the majority of allied divs) get a truck (laffly) that can make fru's and haul 76.2mm ATG's and 17 pounders in the game while the biggest gun the opel can tow is the 50mm. How is the panzer4G considered roughly equal to the Sherman in supply when it has far less armour, inferior ammunition, lower speed and a turret which turns over twice as slow. Very legitimate questions.

So don't attack Antwerp but cap the Zeelands? No wonder you weren't up to the task of GHC. How did the ce axis tank columns go...?

here is some prroof that crs has stopped us from capping towns due to server reset....shocking isnt it?

Originally posted by Jsilec

we recapped lier cp before reset which meant we regained a spawnable in town...axis had schilde fb and thats it which meant they really had no way of sustaining the attack over a downed bridge....we had many inf in town recapping....we have recapped brussels and antwerp with less cps owned btw and if axis did indeed have a 220 second spawn delay they had a very low % of taking antwerp....we were ALSO attacking lier schilde fb which was almost allied all the while holding our link fb to twerp which was lier and had supply.....here are the facts for all the people who claim they had antwerp in the bag with screenie proof....if players unsub its their choice but to blame antwerp as the main sticking point for their decision then they are misinformed about the end results

You familiar with FRU's? You don't need a bridge to put up a mobile spawn once one is down. Bridges can also be...repaired

Is that a screenshot showing the furthest axis advance or just one many that you took but you chose to use because it most supports your point?

You were attacking an fb? Well done, thats what players typically do. Likewise axis would of been making plans to attack lier antwerp FB. What would of happened if they busted that FB? What if this... what if that... that is what your argument runs on.

FB almost allied? What was the percent? How many axis were guarding the FB? For such a critical FB someone would have run a precamp for that FB.

I know you understand that the Antwerp reset was a ginormous blow to Axis resulting in their effectiveness dropping significantly but you like to still think to yourself that you got towns through yours and ce armour columns because of good allied play instead of because the axis veterans had given up caring

You familiar with FRU's? You don't need a bridge to put up a mobile spawn once one is down. Bridges can also be...repaired

Is that a screenshot taken exactly before the moment the server was reset or one of the many that you tooked but you chose to make a point?

You were attacking an fb? Well done, thats what players typically do. Likewise axis would of been making plans to attack lier schilde FB. What would of happened if they busted that FB? What if this... what if that... that is what your argument runs on.

FB almost allied? What was the percent? How many axis were guarding the FB? For such a critical FB someone would have run a precamp for that FB.

I know you understand that the Antwerp reset was a ginormous blow to Axis resulting in their effectiveness dropping significantly but you like to still think to yourself that you got towns through yours and ce armour columns because of good allied play instead of because the axis veterans had given up caring

the point of the post was to show that antwerp had a very good shot at being libbed even if the server remained up....i see that alot of vets unsubbed over it i am not blind to the fact they are upset but i also would like them to know that they didnt have antwerp in the bag like it or not.......its a prespective being shown from the allied point of view on this touchy subject....this map was a pretty even fight the weeks leading up to antwerp with axis pushing and allies pushing so no i will not concede any pity map but i will concede that some axis players are basically poosies for quitting

here is some prroof that crs has stopped us from capping towns due to server reset....shocking isnt it?

Lol one screenshot is proof? You show the chat history for about 3 minutes of game time. How many minutes warning did they give? Typical is 15mins. In that time you can contest verdun and kick the navy out. Thus you could of been trying to cap an uncontested town when you knew the server was going down soon.

And like ce said, if axis had a spawnable in a town they MAY of recapped it. Whats to say there wasn't 20 paras otw from etain to cap the town back? Silly arguments you say? Well if you disagree with those arguments you disagree with ce thoughts (I know your troll buddies).

Also, Verdun=Antwerp? Same significance?

I know who you are now barber lol. Took a few posts, but it all comes out

Could of used mech and yes the zees. Your past okw hc have done it and won maps, so stop trying to once again excuse your lack of map reading skills.

Ill let you and your axis freinds blame twerp, obviously makes you feel better and just. Just remember, supply is what moves maps, not towns.

I'm waiting for Cobray ( depot12) to chime in.