Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game is this?

gphishgphish Member Posts: 3

I'm looking for a game that I've played before. The fun part is that I have no recollection of what it was called, or what company released it. The only memories I have are pretty vague, but I'm hoping one of the players will recognize them and let me know!

What I remember from the game is mostly one mob - It was a pretty gross looking thing. Disturbingly long arms, sort of flesh coloured I think. It was found in a rather green area with hills or mountains... It had claws or talons, and I remember that sometimes in the game, when you'd attack them from a longer range, they would "rush" towards you (not sure if that was intended, or just general glitchiness). It was a pretty cartoony/anime-y game, as I've never been much of a realistic game player. I think I played an archer of some kind. The monster might have had some type of scaling on it's back or stomach area. In general it was pretty much disgusting to me, with weird eyes too. The game was 3D so not sidescrolling, and it wasn't turn based. 

Someone please help me! I remember really enjoying this game and would love to play it again, haha. 

Comments

• gphishgphish Member Posts: 3

ANY kind of clue would really be loved!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

The only 2 games I can really think of that match this description are Knight Online and maybe Lineage 2. Both of them have a cartoony anime style, Knight Online was a big F2P title years ago, but I don't even know if it's still around.

Maybe some more info? Was it sub based? F2P?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    When did you play it?
  • gphishgphish Member Posts: 3

It was definately free to play, um, what else... It was pretty cutesy? 

I remember the mob kind of ran like a gorilla and swung it's arms around. 

I played it a good while back, I would say, over two years ago. 

There was quite some grinding although there were quests as well, hmm, what else...

All the other things I remember are pretty standard. You know, bridges out of ropse & planks. Greenery, hills, archers and what not. If I remember correct, the only available race was human though. But then again I could be completely off on even that. 

It's been bugging me for days because I feel like I can ALMOST remember the name, but it's just not coming to me yet. I was hoping some former players would recognize the mob, because as I remember it everytime I was grinding in that spot there would be someone else there so it would probably be a mob encountered on the main story line quest or whatever. 

I know the info I'm giving is really vague and barely helpful - that's why I haven't been able to figure out myself what game this is! >.< But thanks a lot for thinking with me here, at least. (:  I will be looking into screenshots & mob lists of the games already given but the names don't sound too familiar to me. But who knows! 

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    That note about humans only being the available one could add Guild Wars 1 to the pool.
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

As you pointed out, mate, the details you've supplied are all exceedingly vague and appertain to at least a dozen games, thus I'm merely taking a stab in the dark. Each of these title meet your criteria, as explained below, but also have the benefit of having been and (to a certain extent) remaining suitably popular to merit the chance that you may have played them...

Eden Eternal - http://edeneternal.aeriagames.com/

When it first launched, years ago (which fits with your timeline), the game featured only humans as the available race, though this has since changed, it is 3D, has action-oriented combat, a cartoony art-style, mountains, a vivid, often green environment and is Free-to-Play. This the bridge you had in mind?

ROSE Online - http://www.roseonlinegame.com/

Again, cutsey 3D, action-based MMORPG with all manner of monsters, the option to play exclusively as humans and a F2P service. This mountainous enough?

Grand Fantasia - http://grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/

Features only humans as the playable race, has mountainous areas, is 3D and non turn-based, F2P and cutesy in an anime-inspired fashion. This guy look familiar?

• SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Originally posted by fernetek
    That note about humans only being the available one could add Guild Wars 1 to the pool.

gphish said: "definately free to play, um, what else... It was pretty cutesy?"

F2P and cutesy? Not Guild Wars, mate.

• PicchuPicchu Member UncommonPosts: 20

It could have been Fiesta.

http://fiesta.outspark.com/

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by SaintGraye
    Originally posted by fernetek

gphish said: "definately free to play, um, what else... It was pretty cutesy?"

F2P and cutesy? Not Guild Wars, mate.

Wit hthe information we have we have it narrowed down to about 400 MMOs.....

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Could be Priston Tale as well. Just happened to think about this last night while I was thinking about all these wonderful people on mmorpg.com :D

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.