Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lagus Map is back up

New link  http://webmap.lagus.cc/

Figured I post this for those who are banned but still play the game.image

Jsilec posted this in the forums today also "55 kills per minute on a lazy monday in vianden"

Game not dead yetimage

Comments

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    It says Low Population
  • pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233
    How many players trigger average or high population?

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

So you guys are happy with 55 kills/minute now, in what's supposed to be a MMOFPS. You want to guess what planetside 2's K/D rate is?

The game is dead because they have no coder. Notice the Lagus map viewer program(far superior than anything put out by CRS, by the way) says "Thanks to KFS1's wiretap". Well that guy, one of the few non-producers who actually did any work, left the company and they've been dead in the water since. And 55 kills/minute is apparently the peak activity level now.

So DOC can post a wall of text talking about how the Outerra engine isn't possible, how CRS never had a big enough budget(big enough for half their company to be producers though), and how intricate and highly complex WW2online's engine is but for all that gobbledegook he can't do basic code.

DOC should come on here(or in any public gaming forum for that matter) and shit on the CryEngine, or Mechwarrior Online, and hold up WW2online as the apex of technology like he did earlier today. That may work with a bunch of shut-ins to give him more money but not in the real world. I would actually pay money to see him try to make that pitch; it would be hilarious.

I didn't say if anyone was happy or sad.

I just posted something I read today.

I don't know if 55 kills per minute is good or bad.

I don't like PS2 so I wouldn't care what the K/D ratio per minute is over there.

My 16 year old son loves it though.

He also loved WOW, but tired of it.

If it floats your boat, post the numbers.

I'll show my son and his friends and they can post it on Facebook and Tweet aboit it.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by depot12
    It says Low Population

Great, another tool people can use to see how dead the game is.  Pete, why are you crucifing the game? 

Which game areyou talking about?

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106
    They have been decreasing the values for AO's and DO's over time. They like to say "4 AO's lots of people" so to any vets it looks really active but in reality it's not as much. You get Red air ews squares all over the place, when I started playing a couple of years back they were a big thing, 25 EA in one zone. Now a couple of years later where we cant dent that the pop has shrunk there's red air ews all over the place. Does that mean theres 25 EA? nope, there's about 15 at best.

Originally posted by BodkinBarber
    They have been decreasing the values for AO's and DO's over time. They like to say "4 AO's lots of people" so to any vets it looks really active but in reality it's not as much. You get Red air ews squares all over the place, when I started playing a couple of years back they were a big thing, 25 EA in one zone. Now a couple of years later where we cant dent that the pop has shrunk there's red air ews all over the place. Does that mean theres 25 EA? nope, there's about 15 at best.

I think it began around early 2012; I'm not sure how much they've lowered the population threshold for an AO but it's definitely changed. Around that time a four-AO period was worthy of a screenshot...no seriously we hit four AOs once on a weekend and people posted in the forums about how awesome it was. Now we're supposed to casually believe that the server is bursting with players and we have five AOs.

The current AWS system really hurts new pilots, especially during a numbers imbalance. Outside JG51 squad nights the Luftwaffe is almost nonexistent so you have this situation where 11tybillion allied pilots are bored out of their mind, some lone newb spawns behind the frontline and putters around for five minutes and bam, he has this yellow marker announcing to everyone where he is. It's ridiculous when you consider that one of the main selling points of the AWS system was that it would help new pilots because they could look at the map and tell when enemy aircraft were near. It just allows them to be hunted easier.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

pssst pete....pssst pete

Kills per minute: 3.9 now, thanks for linking a tool proving everyone's point buddy, got your hero account yet buddy?

Originally posted by Abyssuss
    pssst pete....pssst peteKills per minute: 3.9 now, thanks for linking a tool proving everyone's point buddy, got your hero account yet buddy?

Pete is like a lot of the remaining subscribers; he just wants the game to succeed.

Unfortunately I don't think this is true for anyone left at Cornered Rat Software. They just want their income stream to jump back to where it was...my guess is if the community pulls together and puts them back in the black, CRS will go back to neglecting WW2online in pursuit other side projects like they did for years.

Again this isn't speculation from some bitter former player, there have been posts by Xoom and Doc in the forums essentially saying "even if we do get a coder rehired we can't guarantee that this will happen" in reference to bug fixes and new features.

pssst pete....pssst pete

Kills per minute: 3.9 now, thanks for linking a tool proving everyone's point buddy, got your hero account yet buddy?

He wasn't trying to rub anyone the wrong way with the Lagus map, its an accesible tool for people to follow the game even if they dont play (as the map on the CRS is not very good).

Likewise he was only quoting another player with the player in question being quite a hardcore player

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by pittpete
    Which game areyou talking about?

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

pssst pete....pssst pete

He's got his Hero sub.  He's been working overtime as the lead moderator in the WWIIOL tech support forum.  Seems to have alot of inside information about the game thats not public.  Hmm

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

pssst pete....pssst pete

He's got his Hero sub.  He's been working overtime as the lead moderator in the WWIIOL tech support forum.  Seems to have alot of inside information about the game thats not public.  Hmm

Makes sense why he keeps bugging me for my gametag...

pssst pete....pssst pete

So because he spends time on the community support forum he must have insider information on the game? He's not even a moderator

Not a mod, wrong again guys.

I have no problem helping people, it's what I like to do.

I also like to point out when people don't know what they're talking about.

Notice I never refute you guys when you post facts.

I don't have any inside information on the game, I just read everything in the forums and ask a lot of questions.

I do have a hero account and I don't mind spending the $$$$ as long as I have it.

Of course I want the game to succeed, but for my own selfish reasons.

If CRS makes $$$$, who cares.

If DOC makes $$$$, who cares.

If the game goes under, oh well then theres no game left to play.

I won't be angry

I won't want my money back

I won't become suicidal

I won't feel like someone stole my candy.

Life will go on.

Until then though, I will be here to correct you when you make up stories, blatantly lie or provide incorrect and false  information.

Even if DOC hurts my feelings or isn't nice to me or doesn't listen to my suggestions.

Same time tomorrow?

pssst pete....pssst pete

So because he spends time on the community support forum he must have insider information on the game? He's not even a moderator

Not yet I guess. Just making an observation. Not flame. He is answering all of the tech questions now adays just bringing it up. Some of you need to calm down image

"Even if DOC hurts my feelings or isn't nice to me or doesn't listen to my suggestions.

Same time tomorrow?"

Anyway, not to derail the thread but congrats to the people outside CRS who setup the webmap. I am all for disclosure. Thank you Lagus.

http://lagus.cc/webmap/

9.1 Kills Per Minute image

Anyway, not to derail the thread but congrats to the people outside CRS who setup the webmap. I am all for disclosure. Thank you Lagus.http://lagus.cc/webmap/9.1 Kills Per Minute 

-The Lagus webmap(considered essential for commanders)
    -the initial website design(although CRS has since f'd it up)
    -fixing their terribad ad design
    -the overwhelming majority of the game's marketing

"The people outside CRS". For a community which has carried the game this far, helping out with nearly every aspect of operations while the company spent years dicking around with failed get-rich-quick schemes it sure is held in contempt by the remaining employees.

pssst pete....pssst pete

Not yet I guess. Just making an observation. Not flame. He is answering all of the tech questions now adays just bringing it up. Some of you need to calm down image

"Even if DOC hurts my feelings or isn't nice to me or doesn't listen to my suggestions.

Same time tomorrow?"

Why are you turning into Stug and solely trying to discredit individuals? He wants the game to live on but that doesn't mean he's happy with what CRS have done.

pssst pete....pssst pete

Same time tomorrow?"

Why are you turning into Stug and solely trying to discredit individuals? He wants the game to live on but that doesn't mean he's happy with what CRS have done.

Not trying to discredit anyone.  How is mentioning that he is the only one answering technical support questions on the forum as "discredit".   If you go back you notice he has taken alot more shots at me than I have him (same for Stug since you mentioned him)

Back to the subject, the Lagus webmap.

Just checked, 4.7 kills per minute just now.  I refreshed again, and it jumped to 6.4 kills per minute.    

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134

Is it possible to start a thread about this game without the disaffected few turning the thread toxic?

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

pssst pete....pssst pete

Same time tomorrow?"

Not trying to discredit anyone.  How is mentioning that he is the only one answering technical support questions on the forum as "discredit".   If you go back you notice he has taken alot more shots at me than I have him (same for Stug since you mentioned him)

Back to the subject, the Lagus webmap.

Just checked, 4.7 kills per minute just now.  I refreshed again, and it jumped to 6.4 kills per minute.    

The community support forum is full of other players not just him. Even if it was only him good on him hekoing others (as some people need to do changes to their system to play it). If players cant actually player the game they can never form an opinion about it

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by pittpete

New link  http://webmap.lagus.cc/

Figured I post this for those who are banned but still play the game.image

Jsilec posted this in the forums today also "55 kills per minute on a lazy monday in vianden"

Game not dead yetimage

Just in time for the game to close on Feb 15th! The hero program is up to a blazing 94 of 300 "required" by Feb 15th ........lol

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)

Tilo I'll make you a bet the game is still around on Fe. 16th

I also bet you'll still be playing it...LOL