Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How active is the game now .... ?

DeadlyPeanutDeadlyPeanut Member Posts: 35

Im sort of contimplating about returning. I cant ask on the main forums cause they wont let any non subsribers post on their forums with inquirys about the game cause they may return, That right there almost made me say screw it and forget about playing again cant stand when games do that, i know spammers and what not , but hell leave a public forum section open.

Anyways how active is the game now? i use xfire, i know not the best place to check , to determine how active a game is and rifts numbers are just bad for a mmo ~600-700 hrs a day total

But then again thats a real crude way to judge how active a game is.

So anyone know how active the game really is? Is it worth returning or should i just not waste my time ?

Playing : None
Quit : WoW,AA,EVE,EQ2,GW and a bunch of others

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Rift overall is fairly low population, however they were smart and condensed the hell out of their servers.

The end result is that the servers feel active (Speaking for NA, not EU).  The game's population also seems more or less stable.

Give it a shot.

Other games could really learn from server consolidations.  EQ2 in particular.  LOTRO also doesnt need 30 servers or whatever they have, condense it to 15 and its a better experience.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

Rift overall is fairly low population, however they were smart and condensed the hell out of their servers.

The end result is that the servers feel active (Speaking for NA, not EU).  The game's population also seems more or less stable.

Give it a shot.

Other games could really learn from server consolidations.  EQ2 in particular.  LOTRO also doesnt need 30 servers or whatever they have, condense it to 15 and its a better experience.

agreed with all of what stangiato said. If you want to relevel any lower level toons pre 50 the best server to find more players is on faeblight shard but it is a roleplaying shard so if that annoys you i would maybe say deepwood or wolfsbane. I have toons on faeblight and threesprings and have had always switched shards as im not much of a roleplayer but always end up back on faeblight as the community there is far better than the other shards in general and there is more activity on that shard in the lower levels.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

I'm in a 'low' population RP server on EU.

It seems pretty chatty and lively too me <: and it's good that RP isn't dead in the game.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

also, about the xfire thing:

Everquest shows as having 14 users.  The game still has a dozen or servers, all of which have guilds that can field 50 man raid teams and gets an expansion every year.

Some player bases just dont use xfire (usually the older ones, and Rift is probably slightly older than average)

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    rift is great..especially since the expansion..the server i,m on in EU is ice something or other and its always high pop..always busy.would be nice has someone suggested to condense the servers or make them world servers and join the EU with the US for a better gaming experience.wish they would condense the lotro servers as well.
  • DeadlyPeanutDeadlyPeanut Member Posts: 35

Sounds like the servers are pretty active. I saw they did reduce the number of servers.

Any NA server recommendations ? Im not really a hard core RPer and i tend to have negitive experiance on RP servers especaly whent he self proclaimed RP police call you out on your conversations and poke holes that you are doing it wrong :P

Also the xfire thing i know its a really unreliable to evalulate a games popularity but its the only way i know of except from asking people who played said game in the last month , which im attempting todo now :)

Playing : None
    Quit : WoW,AA,EVE,EQ2,GW and a bunch of others

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by DeadlyPeanut

Sounds like the servers are pretty active. I saw they did reduce the number of servers.

Any NA server recommendations ? Im not really a hard core RPer and i tend to have negitive experiance on RP servers especaly whent he self proclaimed RP police call you out on your conversations and poke holes that you are doing it wrong :P

Also the xfire thing i know its a really unreliable to evalulate a games popularity but its the only way i know of except from asking people who played said game in the last month , which im attempting todo now :)

I think the RP community on most servers right now is pretty little, so I doubt the RP police will give you any bother <:

Since most RP is done in dimensions now I believe anyways.

The game is free to play 1-20 anyhow, so log in and ask in chat or something :D You will probably get a more accurate response that way.

• MoutonDocileMoutonDocile Member Posts: 17
    I've been leveling my first character on Wolfsbane and I've had no problem finding people to group with.

It's been a fun ride so far. Try it out!
  • RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    There is rarely a day when I don't log in on the Seastone server and the population seems very good to me.  I am mostly PVP focused, but warzones pop almost immediately and I always have to keep my eyes open when questing for enemy players entertaining themselves by killing the lone guy.  I think it would kick ass if Trion could get the whole NA population on one server, like EVE.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I play on the Faeblight (RP) server, and it has a very healthy population.
  • GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41
    I've been getting told from people spanning across the interwebs that the game is actually pretty active now and seems to have fixed the issues it had after initally launching. I personally haven't been able to try really try the game yet due to the rig I had blowing up on me but once Jan hits, I will be giving it another go!

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I tried various EU servers, hoping to play Rift again, at least a while. But alas, it was all totally deserted on the three EU servers I tried. I wonder if you can play on a US server too? o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    I play on the Faeblight (RP) server, and it has a very healthy population.

This^  It's not exclusively RP anymore however.