Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Subscription Free Version Coming February 5th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

TERA players won't have long to wait for the launch of the subscription free version of the game. Both Europe's Gameforge and NA's En Masse Entertainment have announced that the F2P TERA will officially launch on Tuesday, February 5th.

There will be three player status types in TERA: Rising:

-  STANDARD players have full access to all in-game content, without restrictions, for up to two free characters per server. They can purchase consumable, cosmetic, and convenience items from the in-game store on an a la carte basis.

-  FOUNDER status is granted to all current subscribers as of February 5th, and provides additional character slots, bank tabs, a special mount, and other benefits. Founders retain these benefits regardless of whether they choose Standard or Elite status. Founder status can also be obtained after launch through physical retail packages while supplies last.

-  ELITE status can be purchased in 30-day increments that confer numerous benefits including dungeon bonuses and rewards, additional daily quests, daily delivery of items, special mounts, and store discounts. Power players will find the fee more than pays for itself through the free items and discounts granted while they enjoy exclusive in-game perks.

Find out more on the TERA NA site or the TERA EU site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Except Enmasse hasn't announced this yet..

EDIT: According to a "Press letter" they did, no mention at the site though.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

We all knew anyways, EU and EME are almost directly co-related, why would they go F2P on different dates?

It's just that's it's afternoon in EU and it's like 5:30am PST which is what EME goes by, so it's a little early for them.

Plus we had the steam leak like a week ago saying it was Feb 5th lol.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

We all knew anyways, EU and EME are almost directly co-related, why would they go F2P on different dates?

It's just that's it's afternoon in EU and it's like 5:30am PST which is what EME goes by, so it's a little early for them.

Yeah it seems they sent a Press letter about it.

Funny that Enmasse didn't ready their webpage first.

Gameforge is stepping up their game o/

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    lol, yeah. The Steam leak was dead on. Why didn't they cave in and just confirm?
    Sigh. Businesses.
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    lol, yeah. The Steam leak was dead on. Why didn't they cave in and just confirm?
    Sigh. Businesses.

Well on Tera EU they confirmed it by not denying it.

Yeah it seems they sent a Press letter about it.

Funny that Enmasse didn't ready their webpage first.

Gameforge is stepping up their game o/

I don't know what's up with EME, Gameforge has been stepping up their game and making EME look bad, funny gameforge doesn't start trying until F2P... wonder why, maybe they wanted F2P in the first place considering they are primarily known for F2P titles.

They didn't even include a cash shop or any customer service, they tried to kill their own game...but now they start trying?

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

The information about the veteran rewards are missleading, they are diferent from US KO and EU.

While the rewards are the same in the KO and US version, the EU players will only have bank slots and characters slots, since the game is going to a F2P model you can make have all the accounts you want,there for this rewards are simply ridiculous and a huge ripoff.

In every game news around the internet there is no information about this diferences so alot of people in the EU were misslead by this. 

Gameforge is filtering all the comments about rewards and deleting all the posts in forums of alot of players trying to warn people about this.

I had a bunch of friends coming to TERA and because of this strange marketing politic they are losing players fast.

I ask to MMORPG to warn players about this before they buy the game, GAMEFORGE (ex Frogster) is denying any kind of missleading information and they are taking advange of websites that dont make diferences about the rewards.

Thank you for reading this.

Beta tester maniac

Berlight the charts for both EU and NA have been posted multiple times, nobody is being mislead and the perks for both EU/NA seem very similar to me, I didn't notice any differences upon first glance. Except in NA I think we get a mount for being elite and EU doesn't. F2P hasn't even launched yet so whatever you're saying seems to be speculation at this point.

Also there's some misleading information in the OPs post, for example "Founder" is not granted to current subscribers it is granted to anyone who has bought the game at any point in time. If you haven't played in 5 months but played after release, you're a founder.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    I'm not current sub but subbed before for 5 months am I a founder?

Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura

Anyone who has ever bought the game in the history of its NA/EU existence becomes a founder, the OP is a little misleasing in that regard. You don't need to be subbed.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura

Anyone who has ever bought the game in the history of its NA/EU existence becomes a founder, the OP is a little misleasing in that regard. You don't need to be subbed.

I was thinking of subscribing just to get founders but if its the way you say I'll save me 15$ I guess. I hope enmasse don't play any games with this status thing.

Free Tera sounds so good it's a good 2nd mmo for me I'll be playing FFXIV as main.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Btw on EU Veterans also get server queue priority, its not in the chart yet but its posted here: https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=140036

I think berlight is referring to the EU site saying "Dungeon Bonus 200%" which people who have never played the game understood as double dungeon rewards. In fact this only means you get 2x Valkyon's Response which are bonus items for using the LFG tool in the game. These packs will have some valuable items but also some worthless ones.

Saying GF was missleading is bull, it's just people understanding it wrongly because of the lack of knowledge about the game.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Awesome game turned even more awesome.

Awesome.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Thats good for tera
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Saying GF was missleading is bull, it's just people understanding it wrongly because of the lack of knowledge about the game.

This game has tons of hate followers for some reason. They tend to hyperbole anything they hear about the game into something bad.

I´m sorry if it seemed like speculation:

In the US for 17€ you get a started pack besides the normal rewards:

QUICK-START PACK:

For a limited time, every purchase of the TERA Digital Edition will come with a bonus Quick-Start Pack including:

• Electrum Wind Mount - Single Use (One Character), Riding Speed: 280, Level 1
    • Level 10 City Wheel Earring
    • Level 15 Velik's Bloodstone Necklace
    • Safe Haven Teleport Scrolls (10)

The TERA Digital Edition comes with 30 days of free game time.
    Your first subscription fee will be charged following your 30 days of free game time

In the EU the rewards for 24.99€:

<p clearfix"="">

terrific membership bonuses!

FREE USER VETERAN USER
    Character Slots 2 8
    Dungeon Refresh 100% 100% 200%
    Dungeon Bonus Reward 1x 1x 2x
    Daily Quests 10 10 20
    Special Consumables
    Teleport Item
    Daily Boost Items
    Special Mount
    Bank Tabs 1 4
    Gold Cap per Mail 10 Gold unlimited unlimited
    Trade Broker Transactions 10 30 50
    Brokerage Register Tax Discount 0% 0% 100%
    Brokerage Sales Tax Discount 0% 0% 33%
    Special in-game Title

While in KO and US you get the mount and items for free in EU they dont have the same rewards, as it seems ridiculous having more bank slots and character slots , but actually you can get a mount as an extra "Collectors Edition" for 10€ bringing for a total of 34.99€.. 
    Who cares about mounts right!? but thats not the point! The point is the publishers attitute.
    They are diferent publishers and they can have any marketing strategy they want, but seems kinda greedy selling the same product with diferent specs in diferent parts of the world.

As you can see in this post of  MMORPG they didnt made any diference between EU or US rewards as you suppose its the same for everyone. But this is not MMORPG fault or any of other gaming sites, its the publishers that dont give the proper information. I´m going to call it The WarZ Syndrome!

Thank you for reading this. Peace.

Beta tester maniac

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    It's only $20 for a founders key.  I think it was totally worth it.  The character slots alone are worth that.

Its going to a F2P model you can have all the accounts you want., the slots are infinite.

Beta tester maniac

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

I picked it up yesterday, felt the little extras for the founders pack were well worth it, inventory alone  got me

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Hey thanks for including Eu in the article. It doesn't happen all the time.
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

Hey thanks for including Eu in the article. It doesn't happen all the time.

Very good f2p model. Definitely gonna try this.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    A PvP server called "Lake Of Tears"... I am sold. In all seriousness though, I was uninterested in the game and I still have my reservations but I think I will give it a go since they are opening two new servers. If I am ever going to give it a try, a fresh server would be the perfect time.
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Been wanting to play try this game for a while but there trial gave me issues being it had no download client. I love a good combat system thats more about twitch and reflexes as apposed to just strategy. Looking forward to giving the game a go and seeing whats what...
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I like how they're handling the F2P conversion with the new servers and no transfers to them.  It makes for a tough decision for someone like me who's been playing for about 3 weeks now.  Stay on tyrannas or start fresh?  The game itself is really good for a F2P so I encourage anyone thinking about playing to give it a shot.