Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Fails To Make Greenlight List

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by ltank

Will you cry if they eventually are?image

Why would I?

Getting people to try the game has never been the problem. It's that they cannot keep people who actually try the game...

Also, Greeenlight will end up just like the endless trial. An initial pop... then a sucking sound as people leave.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

OP, please change your thread title to 'Fails to make Greenlight List This Month' or something similar?

As it is the impression it gives is misleading (which I will assume for now isn't what you intend).

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

lol, in all honesty, you don't want to buy anything through steam anyway. CS is absolutely horrendous for Steam, and their "app" is a glorified pop up window.

Every time I used Steam before I wised up I had problems with their customer support. Abysmal.

Steam is probally the best thing to happen to PC gaming for a very long time and i cant recall ever having any issues with it..

As for MO not getting greenlit..

I played MO quite a bit and deep down its a very good game, but its very hard for new people to get into plus it has some nastly lingering bugs that the devs have not been able to fix..

Its a shame really as when yo do get into the game and take part in the guild battles its good fun..

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by ltank
    Will you cry if they eventually are?image

To be honest, I'd love to see the game greenlit, I'd enjoy the drama as SV probably won't be able to do same damage control and censorship with steam involved.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

I think if this mediocre sandbox game goes greenlight, we will be seeing war z #2 drama on steam.

You know the steam users want polished game right? If you piss off steam players with this game, OHHH BOY all hell break lose. There is nothign worst then pissing off steam users with bad products.

DO you want to know what happens to bad games? just check warz on steam.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    What this game deserves is a Redlight list.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Lawlmonster

Originally posted by Betel
    Originally posted by Celusios

Yeah... the game itself is a great game... but it's just completely ruined by the pathetic company that controls it. The only reason anyone defends it is because it's the only game of it's kind.

It's a terrible game, perhaps you mean it had a good PowerPoint presentation? The second SV sat down to actually code the game it has been awful.

It is also not the only game of its kind, there are plenty of sandbox PvP games with territorial control out there. No amount of fine tuning your definition can change that (it's the only sandbox with Mortal in the title!! etc). There are plenty of similar games, and anyone who plays MO is simply lining Henrik's pockets while he laughs at you.

That effin' Power Point gave me goosebumps, and then I played the game. :(

I agree. Something actually has to be good before it can be ruined. And that is/was clearly not the case with MO.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    What this game deserves is a Redlight list.

That my friend, was epic.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Unepic is soooo much fun. After seeing it on there, I couldn't wait when I discovered it was already available.